Shipboard Credit Gift.

Lyndihop

Our kids have done this for us before, with a reminder that we should buy them something nice, lol. You can purchase On Board Credit for your kids on Celebrity's website if you have their reservation number and the name under which they made the reservation. It's under Gifts By Celebrity in the menu, and then once that finally works you have to select Delivery Onboard, and then Onboard Credit, and then for some reason it's asking me to select Onboard Credit again, and from there you can select the number of $25.00 (USD) credits you'd like to purchase. I believe you can purchase up to 9 at a time. For some reason it seems like you have to add one $25.00 credit to your cart, then view the cart and increase the number of credits there. You then get to select a day for delivery and add a very short personal message. I have never done it myself, but it did work when our kids did it for us.

Just make sure if you do anything through Celebrity you tell you kids before the cruise in case they never get it. Happened to me. My daughter ordered a birthday gift for the friend I was cruising with. It never showed up but I knew about it and went to their service desk and checked on it. Sure enough,the order never came from headquarters. My daughter did get her money back but a nice gesture on her part for my friend never happened. My daughter was very upset.

Laura

Just make sure if you do anything through Celebrity you tell you kids before the cruise in case they never get it. Happened to me. My daughter ordered a birthday gift for the friend I was cruising with. It never showed up but I knew about it and went to their service desk and checked on it. Sure enough,the order never came from headquarters. My daughter did get her money back but a nice gesture on her part for my friend never happened. My daughter was very upset.

Laura

I would agree with this. Our kids did tell us they did "something" for us and gave us a sealed envelope with the printed receipt inside to use in case we got "nothing". We were fortunate that upon arriving at our room, the personal note they had written was on our bed along with a notice that the OBC had been applied to our account. But had we received "nothing" we would have taken the envelope down to Guest Services and let them sort things out.

Our kids have done this for us before, with a reminder that we should buy them something nice, lol. You can purchase On Board Credit for your kids on Celebrity's website if you have their reservation number and the name under which they made the reservation. It's under Gifts By Celebrity in the menu, and then once that finally works you have to select Delivery Onboard, and then Onboard Credit, and then for some reason it's asking me to select Onboard Credit again, and from there you can select the number of $25.00 (USD) credits you'd like to purchase. I believe you can purchase up to 9 at a time. For some reason it seems like you have to add one $25.00 credit to your cart, then view the cart and increase the number of credits there. You then get to select a day for delivery and add a very short personal message. I have never done it myself, but it did work when our kids did it for us.

We have often purchased OBC for ourselves and give ourselves a nice message at the same time. For those of us outside of the USA purchasing OBC via the X website is often at a better rate than one can buy $US from the bank. Any OBC purchased as a gift is refundable at the end of the cruise. It would be a nice surprise for the kids to arrive on board and find a gift of OBC waiting for them on their bed when they enter the cabin. If you don't want them to know before hand ensure that the receipt is sent to your email address not theirs

We have often purchased OBC for ourselves and give ourselves a nice message at the same time. For those of us outside of the USA purchasing OBC via the X website is often at a better rate than one can buy $US from the bank. Any OBC purchased as a gift is refundable at the end of the cruise. It would be a nice surprise for the kids to arrive on board and find a gift of OBC waiting for them on their bed when they enter the cabin. If you don't want them to know before hand ensure that the receipt is sent to your email address not theirs

We bought 81 $25 units of Shipboard Credit for our cruise last April. As we were in a suite, we didn't spend the anticipated amount on alcohol and had a large sum left at the end of the cruise. We went down to customer relations to get a cash refund and were refused. No madam, it has to go back on your card. I explained that if they did this I would not receive a full refund as the CC company would use their exchange rate which was not as advantageous as the rate I had received through Celebrity the year before. Still a refusal. Rather than discuss further, I spoke to the Michaels Club concierge and he sorted it. So, for anyone who does not know, please be aware that you can take your remaining Shipboard credit in cash, though of course it is in dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got surprised by my Husband's boss with OBC for our cruise last week. She "inquired" from my husband which cruise line and destination. She called Celebrity and they told her they couldn't confirm any reservation for security sake. She said that is OK, I just want to buy them onboard credit. She gave them DH name and they found the reservation without divulging to DB (Dear Boss) our itinerary nor confirming which cruise we were on. When we got on board a beautiful card that this OBC from Rochelle was on our account. It was the most pleasant surprise.

Last year we were told that they process the orders in sailing date order. After waiting a week for confirmation of my online order and worried they would change the advantageous exchange rate I rang them. I cancelled the original order and placed one over the phone. Processed immediately with a confirmation mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know if you purchase the OBC from the uk is the rate still good? I have done it before a couple of years ago! Dianne

Go to the Celebrity website and through the motions to purchase OBC and if seeking the info from UK you should a pricing for $US25 in UK pounds. You can decide if the rate is good or not so

We recently went on a cruise and were given a gift of $200 OBC from my husband's cousin as a birthday gift. There was a card that said " A gift from Celebrity" and did not mention any name. My husband had just celebrated a milestone birthday so we thought Celebrity was giving him a gift. About a month after we got home, my sister in law asked if we got any gift from the cousin while we were on our cruise. We then figured out that the very generous $200 OBC was not from Celebrity but from our cousin. We were so embarrassed not acknowledging the gift as soon as we got home. So if you are giving a gift make sure you let the recipient know that you are giving this gift.

For those of us outside of the USA purchasing OBC via the X website is often at a better rate than one can buy $US from the bank.

Another benefit for those of us purchasing it outside the USA, if there is a change in the exchange rate, you can call Celebrity and they will actually refund the original purchase in the currency you purchased it in (no exchange loss), and then process a purchase at the new rate.