Skinny In Italy!

CupKayke

Hello Everyone! I'm one of several on a Carnival Legend European Roll Call for May 4th that wants to lose weight!! Hoping others from our roll call (and anywhere else) will join this discussion group. I need ALL the motivation I can get. :D

My goal... lose 27 pounds by April 27th... the day I am "officially" on vacation for our cruise.

Start date: TOMORROW... JANUARY 1, 2013.

I signed-up for My Fitness Pal.com and I'm starting this thread. Anyone who wants to join-in and talk, please please do!! :)

~Kay

(No cupkaykes or wine until I'm on the ship!!)

I also joined My Fitness Pal dot com. IT IS GREAT and FREE FREE and your personal weight and weight goals are private so only you see them. My username is SkinnyinItaly so please add me as your pal if you join too!! My Fitness Pal helps you stay motivated, track your weight/weight goals, and gives you calorie counts in foods.

Thought I'd come over and join ya. I'm also on the May 4th Legend. My goal is whatever it takes to get me to 169lbs by the trip. I'll weigh tomorrow, but not start in ernest till the next day. Probably 25-30lb to goal. My heaviest is 230lb. I've had a real hard time getting below the 200lb mark over the past few years. I did it by taking OTC Fastin XR. Don't recommend it to anyone. Makes you feel like crap while you're taking it. Think I lost weight because I was too nauseated to eat. I was also going to Curves gym during the loosing time. Then I hurt my shoulder and haven't been able to do much of anything. I stopped taking the Fastin ...... haven't weighed sense before Christmas.

I don't want to count calories. I hate doing that so I'll probably not join Fitness Pal.

Hope everyone who joins this group can do well however they choose to loose.

Hi Jason's Mom!! :)

Sure hope some others join us. I am SO not posting my weight. :o However, I also have a "mark" I can't seem to get past... but, sadly, I haven't even tried to get DOWN to that mark in at least 3 years.

I just want to be in BETTER HEALTH and look better too, of course, for this cruise and for LIFE. So, this morning I wrote-out some goals, weighed, measured every bump, and then just got back from walking the neighborhood. My legs are tired and I'm a bit exhausted... and I only walked about 1/4 of that I would normally WALK!! :eek: I'm so ashamed. How in the world am I going to walk all the back canals and streets of Venice ~ which is totally my plan since we have four days there. I don't want to be taking vaparettos everywhere, I want to walk everywhere.:confused:

Well, I will hope for the best and look forward to better walking sooner than later.

The good things about today so far ~ my dog LOVED the walk and he needs the exercise too. Also, there were little spits of snowflakes out and about as I walked...it was a nice way to welcome the New Year. I'm giving myself 15 minutes online and then I'm going upstairs to start removing Christmas lights!! One thing at a time I suppose...

Hello,

I joined my fitness pal,

have not figured out how to frined someon on there yet lol

i want to lose at least 30 more pounds by the cruise.

went and bought an eliptical today !!

Welcome aboard! Jealous of your new workout machine, for sure!!

You can click on the right hand side of My Fitness Pal where it says "Community" and then there will be a "Find Friends" you click on and then just enter the username of the person you want to find - nothing else -and he/she will show-up.

Hey Guys!! I am joining you here. Want to lose 15 by the cruise on May 4th!! I am already on myfitnesspal but haven't used in awhile. My user name is agottula, same as here.

If I am feeling up to calorie counting, I'll pop back on. Right now im focusing on more exercise (with my new rowing machine) and cutting back the wine :)

Lets do this!!

I'm here to join you as well. Back on my fitness pal. I had been using last year with excellent results until a back injury back in Sept kept me away from the gym. Gained a few pounds back, but not as bad as I thought it would be. So back on My Fitness Pal as of today, discharged from physical therapy on Monday, so back to the gym today-Zumba class tonight, and back with my personal trainer next week. Right now I have a trip to Myrtle Beach the end of June, and looking for a late winter/early spring cruise. Looking to lose between 35-40 total. We got this!

So are we not supposed to put our weight out there? I think it makes me more accountable. Knowing that i finally (about 2 months ago - before I hurt my shoulder) got below that 200lb mark helps. If I'm not supposed to put down my weight tell me, but for now I weighed this AM and that weight was 194.4lb. Up from 189lb I weighed before the shoulder injury and holidays. My next goal is to get back to 189lb. Why is it that next 10s # always sounds like so much. I'd like to get to 159 eventually, but will be thrilled if I can get to 169 by my May 4th cruise. I've been embarrassed about my weight for atleast 30 years. Even in the military I was big.

So again, am I not supposed to put down my weight?

Hey Jason's Mom ~ I don't mind if you put your weight but I would be horribly embarrassed to put my weight. :o I stuck to my diet yesterday EXCEPT I had a cup of hot chocolate I made from one of those packets - it was 85 calories and I just woke-up from a nap with the hubby & made it and then all the sudden I felt terribly guilty. The guilt was enough to assure I won't do that again. :( My intent is no sugar, no soda (even diet), low carbs and... EXERCISE!

The walk I took with my dog yesterday morning wasn't much but I felt wonderful when I got back. I think a walk with the dog is just the starting point for me. Since I am really heavy, walking is a good starting point.

Hi all! I am ready to jump on too! I do weight watcher's points, watch calories & sugar and will start some exercise routines later this afternoon. I just purchased a Wii Fit Plus (if anyone can help with suggestions on this i would be grateful) and I also have a treadmill, gazelle and hand weights. I am off work till Jan. 22 and then I only work 3 days a week after that. There really is no good excuse not to choose one of the exercises. I have lost 17 LBs since March counting points on and off. I have at least 60 LBs to lose yet. I set sail on March 2 and hope to lose 20 pounds by then so I can try snorkeling in curaco. I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year! Cindy

Hi all! I am ready to jump on too! I do weight watcher's points, watch calories & sugar and will start some exercise routines later this afternoon. I just purchased a Wii Fit Plus (if anyone can help with suggestions on this i would be grateful) and I also have a treadmill, gazelle and hand weights. I am off work till Jan. 22 and then I only work 3 days a week after that. There really is no good excuse not to choose one of the exercises. I have lost 17 LBs since March counting points on and off. I have at least 60 LBs to lose yet. I set sail on March 2 and hope to lose 20 pounds by then so I can try snorkeling in curaco. I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year! Cindy

So where ya cruising? What ship?

oops:o:o:o So where ya going other than Curaco?

Hi Ladies! I started My Fitness Pal yesterday and am learning my way around it, but I'd like to pop on this thread too. I lost about 15lbs before our cruise last April, then gained it back (and then some). Knowing I have a Caribbean cruise when I will want to be in a bathing suit and have pictures taken with my family is actually quite motivating. Also we are planning active things to do like zip-lining and snorkeling and I want to be able to keep up with my teens. As far as posting weights, I think just go with what you are comfortable with and don't sweat it. It's all about support.

Speaking of weights - are we weighing in on a certain day or just whenever and posting results?

Jason'smom: Heading to Princess Cay & Aruba also on the Caribbean Princess. I have my Wii all set up and tested a few exercise games out. Pretty neat and I burned 48 calories just trying out a few things. Hope I can continue to get some exercise in 3-4 times a week. Cindy

Hi,

Count me in too.

We don't have a cruise planned right now. We were on one in December - the Panama Canal on Celebrity Infinity. A fantastic trip.

I lost 17 pounds before the cruise. It was a 15 day cruise. When I got home, I was up 5 pounds - but those pounds disappeared within a week fortunately. But, I haven't lost any more weight in December - didn't really think I would. I have 8-10 more pounds I would like to lose by April. I know these will likely be the hardest to lose.

I have been using myfitnesspal since September. It's been very helpful and keeps me accountable.

I am hoping to get some new ideas from all of you and I'll share my tips as well.

Hi all, did 43 minutes on the rower today. Food has been good so far, but its early still here and evenings are my weakness (i.e. the time when my husband is home :) ).

I also think we should have a set weigh in day of the week. I would vote for Friday, since I don't want to be discouraged by a bad weekend on a monday weighin, but at the same time, a bad weigh in might push me into gear. Hmm, I just don't know.

What does everyone else think?

YAY!! Welcome to everyone!! I love all the people joining!! Let's all keep each other accountable. I did fairly good today ~ good in the food department and not-so-good in the exercise department ~ it was 33 degrees when I got off work and it's 26 now ~ too cold to walk today after a long day at work. :(

The good news... I had lots of healthy and good calories today at work... and just 1/2 a bag of 100 calorie popcorn for dinner tonight!! Stayed under 1,000 calories today!! YAY!!

I was thinking about the weigh-in day also and I agree that Friday is a great day!!! I'll agree to post my up or down differences on Friday mornings!! :)

Friday is my favorite day (if there can be one) for weigh ins as well for the same reason as Ashley.

SkinnyinItaly - holy crap - you stayed at 1,000!?! I was so hungry yesterday at 1,200 (which included a little bump for the exercise I did). Hoping it gets easier as I get used to eating less.

My DH is determined to get me on his P90X kick...I've done 2 days and....OUCH! Told him today I will walk or do elliptical and maybe Ab-Ripper tonight. My poor legs. Eat well today everyone!

Wendy

Friday weigh ins - sounds like a good plan.

I had a bad food day yesterday. But the good news is - most of the baking is now gone and the fridge is almost empty. Will get to the grocery store today and restock on fruits, vegetables and lean meats.

1000 calories is unrealistic for me on a regular basis. I need to eat 1300 to 1400 calories a day to lose. If I eat too little I think my body goes into starvation mode and the weight won't come off.

Don't forget to drink a LOT - water that is!

Healthy eating everyone.

Charlene

I like Friday also, for the same reason as Ashley.:p I try to stay between 24-30 WW points and 1000-1200 calories a day. I rarely stay at 1000. Usually I am about 1100. So far so good. I am hungry after I go to bed and will wake up hungry on occasion but that can't be helped. Last night My supper was the healthy, awesome banana muffins I made, 2 cutie oranges & a big carrot sliced for dipping in a TB of low fat dip. Stayed around 1100 for a couple days now. :D Just hope I can rev up the exercise!

Archived