Santa Barbara Resort Day Pass

jenne252

Hoping to clarify as I have read both this and the other thread on this resort. Some of the replies seem to indicate either the package changes or there are more than one available.

Can I book the $99 day pass with a pick up time after an early tour provided by RCI? We expect to be returned to the ship by noon. It would be awesome to while away the afternoon at the beach and board transportation to return to the boat in the late afternoon or early evening. Anyone have any experience with this?

Our ship won't leave port until 10 pm so we'll have plenty of time to get back to the ship later in the day.

Not likely since it is a about a 45-50 drive from the port to the resort & Resort for a Day picks up the paxs in a van, but your best bet would be to contact Resort for a Day with your question.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi All,

I am interested in booking the day pass. Our ship is in port until 4pm. Has anyone ever had any issues getting back to the ship on time?

The Resort for a Day driver was very punctual on the pickup at the port and the resort. This is from their website so make sure you have enough time to enjoy your stay ...

The shuttle departs 45 minutes after your cruise ship arrival time except for ships arriving before 8:30am, the transfer will depart at 9:15am. Your return transfer will pick you up either 2 hours prior to your cruise ship departure time or 5 hours after your resort arrival, whichever comes first

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Great. Did you book direct with hotel or through Resort for a day? Just curious as there have been mixed reports about whether you could book direct or must go through RFD.

I books for Aug 18 through resorts and am looking forward to it. Place looks nice.

I books for Aug 18 through resorts and am looking forward to it. Place looks nice.

We are considering this for our February 2017 cruise for our family of five. I would love to hear feedback when you return [emoji3]

• 2 months later...

Hello all

I will be traveling with my mother who barely drinks any alcohol, neither of us cares for snorkeling, so I'm not sure if the day passes to this place at north of $200 is a good deal for us. I'm also reading that you only get 5 hours there which might be plenty, but makes the price feel extra steep. Are there other hotels that offer more affordable options? Are there good public beach options? All I need really is a nice beach, with umbrellas and lounge chairs and lunch options nearby. Doesn't have to be a super luxury resort. Please advise! Thanks!!

Edited by mk761

Hello all

I will be traveling with my mother who barely drinks any alcohol, neither of us cares for snorkeling, so I'm not sure if the day passes to this place at north of $200 is a good deal for us. I'm also reading that you only get 5 hours there which might be plenty, but makes the price feel extra steep. Are there other hotels that offer more affordable options? Are there good public beach options? All I need really is a nice beach, with umbrellas and lounge chairs and lunch options nearby. Doesn't have to be a super luxury resort. Please advise! Thanks!!

Checkout Play Porto Mari and Cas Abo beaches. Both are public, but have entry fees that may or may not include a lounger rental. Both have snack bars where you can get drinks and sandwiches.

You will need to hire a cab at the pier to get to the beaches and set up a return time with the driver. The beaches are nice but you may need water shoes if you want to go wading.

Use the search function to find out more specifics, but this should get you started. The tourist info office or tent at the pier can also help. Figure around $50 for two with transport and entry fees.

One warning - if you are in Curacao on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday) the beaches tend to be much more crowded with the local population.

• 2 months later...