Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Cruise/Travel Insurance

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old October 24th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Red face Clarification Needed Please

Apologies - we are happy customers of the "Trip Insurance Store." I have edited my post to be accurate & fair below. I can't comment on the agency in my post above as we have not used them. I should have said:

"Personally, we are very pleased using www.tripinsurancestore.com over the course of many years - an independent agency that vets trip insurance policies and has a small staff that are knowledgeable, experienced and happy to discuss various insurers and trip insurance policies. You call & speak directly to an impartial rep who will spend considerable time discussing your oddball needs. I just spent an hour on a call with the owner, Steve Dasseos, on our 35 day cruise March 2014."

Old October 25th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtrustworthy View Post
Hi Lookingforfacts,

Be careful when getting a third party collision damage waiver for a rental car in Mexico. Many plans specifically exclude coverage when renting in Mexico as well as other countries.

The ones that come to mind are Ireland, Jamaica, Italy and Israel. Coverage is not applicable where precluded by law or in violation of the territorial terms of the rental agreement or prohibited by individual merchants. For example, Ireland has some kind of government regulation against foreign insurance.

I hope this helps you.

Steve Dasseos
I decided against renting a car.
The booking site
http://www.getrentalcar.com/
was offering the Alliantz policy as an option. I clicked through and read the policy. There is no exclusion for Mexico. There is an exclusion for Ireland, Israel and Jamaica. They aren't offering the Alliantz policy for a reservation in Ireland.

Old February 9th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

aaa