Azamara Journey; Best of Brazil; December 13, 2014

TxnAquarian

We have booked our first Azamara cruise departing Dec 13 out of Rio. We are Celebrity fans and wanted to try something else for a change. We especially like the overnights and late night port visits on this itinerary. Anyone else joining us on this cruise? We are both in our 30s and look forward to meeting others =)

Michael & Omar

Hi Michael and Omar,

We are on this cruise as well. The itinerary does look great! We sailed the Journey last Christmas and had a wonderful time. I think there was a nightly FOD meeting up in the observation/forward lounge. Looking forward to December!

Ann and Rebecca

Hi Ann and Rebecca!

Great to see you ladies will be on this cruise with us. This will be our first time on Azamara....my partner rolled his eyes when he saw that it's a smaller ship haha But at this point, itinerary is the most important factor for me (and I'm in charge of booking these trips), and the smaller ships go to some amazing places. Since you have done Azamara before, you must have really enjoyed it. Did you do the AZAmazing Evening on your last cruise? Trying to figure out if it's worth it or not. Looking forward to this cruise and meeting you.

M & O

Yes, we've gone on the AmAzing Evening on our past cruises and it was really fun. Our favorite was a 'hippie beach party' in Ibiza, Spain. We've signed up for the one in Rio. Should be a fun evening!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Only 90 days until we leave for this trip! So excited to try our first Azamara cruise and to visit the Atlantic coast of South America for the first time. My partner and I know this is a smaller ship, so we're hoping to find others on this voyage with us!

Michael & Omar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We're not joining you but man I'm jealous. Your itinerary looks fantastic! I wanted to chime in quickly though because we did cruise on the Journey about 6 months ago and just loved it. It was the first "small ship" experience for me and we just loved the crew and everything about the ship. I wouldn't worry about meeting people... we found everyone to be open and friendly and being a smaller ship we did tend to run into some of the same people frequently and it made for a nice time. Same goes for the crew up to the Captain; they are out and about constantly.

On our sailing there were LGBT get togethers every evening in Looking Glass and I think they were always around 6:30. Our cruise director was Eric and I believe he's back on the ship now after a holiday. He was friendly, approachable, entertaining and just a lot of fun. I think you'll have a great time.

We're also cruising next month but will be back on Princess again in one of the larger ships so it will be interesting to compare again to our Journey experience. Have a great trip!! Dave

• 3 weeks later...