How Long Do Scooter Batteries Last?

kitty9

While my Go Go is only four months old, I was wondering how long do those batteries typically last? I would hate to be on a cruise and have the battery go completely dead. I know I can go about 3 days without having to recharge the battery on a daily basis, but how long before they go totally kaput?

Darcie, As you may have seen in my reply to your other thread about your first experience with your GoGo, we just replaced the batteries which were nearing one year old. In talking to the technician where we have the GoGo serviced, he said that 12-14 months is about average unless you are a daily user on carpeted surfaces or go a long distance.

You can do as we did before our upcoming cruise and that is take both the batteries and the charger to a service co,/dealer and they will check to see approximately how much battery life remains. He also told me that if it is not being used at home for extended periods, the batteries should be charged and then removed from the scooter. And if you are not a regular user at home, it is still a good idea to use it once in awhile. We have a company called Ability Center and they, or something similar, can be found in most major cities. The cost of two new batteries is approx $200:) Hugh

Archived