Plans for arriving one day early

Colbycat

We are arriving one day early and would like to enjoy some beach time, walk around OSJ, and take the ferry to the Bacardi factory before we sail. We will probably stay in Condado so I figured our first day could be spent at the beach. I am not sure the best way to plan our embarkation day (without a lot of taxi rides) since we are on RCI and I understand it leaves from the Pan Am Pier. Would it work to have the hotel hold our luggage, take a bus to OSJ to walk around and ferry to the Bacardi, return to hotel on bus, then take a taxi to pier? Or might it be better to take a taxi to OSJ with our luggage in tow, store it at Barrachinas while we walk and ferry, then take a taxi to pier?

We are arriving one day early and would like to enjoy some beach time, walk around OSJ, and take the ferry to the Bacardi factory before we sail. We will probably stay in Condado so I figured our first day could be spent at the beach. I am not sure the best way to plan our embarkation day (without a lot of taxi rides) since we are on RCI and I understand it leaves from the Pan Am Pier. Would it work to have the hotel hold our luggage, take a bus to OSJ to walk around and ferry to the Bacardi, return to hotel on bus, then take a taxi to pier? Or might it be better to take a taxi to OSJ with our luggage in tow, store it at Barrachinas while we walk and ferry, then take a taxi to pier?

Doing Old San Juan + Bacardi + getting on the ship is a lot to do in a day. Depending on what time you expect to board...

I'd skip the Bacardi part- it's an ok tour, but considering the time, probably something you can avoid doing.

As for how to move your luggage... Both will work- kind of depends on what you want to try to do- while we've been to San Juan a ton, we've never tried the busses, so I can't comment on that. But it seems as if the most straightforward way would be to take the luggate to Barrichinas and then the short block to where the taxis are hanging out later in the day.

Being from Toledo, safe to assume you will be flying out of Detroit? IIRC, you'll arrive at the earliest of 1:30pm (the early direct flight), with connection closer to 4pm. With the sun setting pretty early limiting your first day's beaching- perhaps you can take a taxi to Old San Juan for dinner that night, and see some more stuff.