1-Day Suggestions

LisaT91403

We will be arriving on a Disney cruise the first week of January, 2015. We will be in port from 7:45am - 4:45pm, so we definitely have time to do something...but what? :-)

Our group has Grandma, our 6-year-old son, and my husband and me. I've read about forts, but not sure anyone in our group would be all that interested (except maybe my husband). We love a nice beach day...just not sure if there is anything to compare to St. Martin? If beach, we'd want full-service (beach chairs, umbrellas, restaurants, clean bathrooms, etc.)

I'm sure my son would love to zipline, but I think you have to be at least 8 years old. Not sure if a rainforest tour exists/would be possible/would be interesting?

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Great website, thanks Life! We only have about 2 1/2 hours to tour OSJ before heading back to the ship at Pan Am pier. Would it be worth our while to catch the trolley or just walk around OSJ.

In all the times we have been there.... especially when a ship is in port. The trolley is usually full unless you walk to the stops before the starting point. For that amount of time... probably just walk and explore on your own. Try walking down the Paseo de la Princessa (turn left or west once you get to the street) and head down past all the street vendors and to the fountain then walk up the walkway and into the old city gate then down through the city on the cobblestone street. San Juan is a great place to walk around in.

We will be arriving on a Disney cruise the first week of January, 2015. We will be in port from 7:45am - 4:45pm, so we definitely have time to do something...but what? :-)

Our group has Grandma, our 6-year-old son, and my husband and me. I've read about forts, but not sure anyone in our group would be all that interested (except maybe my husband). We love a nice beach day...just not sure if there is anything to compare to St. Martin? If beach, we'd want full-service (beach chairs, umbrellas, restaurants, clean bathrooms, etc.)

I'm sure my son would love to zipline, but I think you have to be at least 8 years old. Not sure if a rainforest tour exists/would be possible/would be interesting?

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

There are tour guides that will take you to El Yunque (the Rain forest) and it is a cool place to see.... There really are not that many full service type beaches in the San Juan area. The forts are cool for the scenery as well as the history but if they are not interesting for you....only you know that kind of thing. You should be able to find a private tour operator at the pier.

Thanks for the tips!

So I'm guessing that there aren't any upscale resorts with day passes either? I'm not sure if it's even worth it for us to get off the ship or not...maybe we should just enjoy an empty ship :-)