Dynamic dining seating

We have all our reservations made for dynamic dining for 4. Does this mean we will have a table for 4 OR will we be seated with others besides our party? I don't recall if this was mentioned in any of the posts - I was just wondering if it would be like lunch in the dining room where you are usually seated with others.

We have all our reservations made for dynamic dining for 4. Does this mean we will have a table for 4 OR will we be seated with others besides our party? I don't recall if this was mentioned in any of the posts - I was just wondering if it would be like lunch in the dining room where you are usually seated with others.

It's on your reservation. Traditionally they haven't really made much of the dining preferences but on Quantum they are supposed to ask if you want a small or large table when booking. A small one is obviously private or possibly another couple if sailing as a couple.

It's on your reservation. Traditionally they haven't really made much of the dining preferences but on Quantum they are supposed to ask if you want a small or large table when booking. A small one is obviously private or possibly another couple if sailing as a couple.

When we made our Quantum dining reservations there wasn't anywhere to specify large table, small table, table for 2 etc. Where do you see this option?

Reservations are made for time slots and not specific tables.

Each venue onboard will then arrange seating upon arrival. Seating requests will be met by the venue based on availability.

Reservations linked together will automatically be blocked for seating together.

I think they stated that parties of up to 12 will be seated together and larger groups in the same section.

When we made our Quantum dining reservations there wasn't anywhere to specify large table, small table, table for 2 etc. Where do you see this option?

Since IT would have to do it, they probably never updated the system to ask the question since it was never an official one to ask before. When booking over the phone they ask it. If you call the dynamic dining number they will also ask you your table preference (or tell you what they have if it is set).

We booked our dining times through C&A 1-800-526-9723

Thank you so much for this info.

I have not made any dinner reservations yet for our Quantum cruise on 3/21/15.

I have no idea how the reservations work, or which venue I would choose.

I am hoping to hear some reviews from the first few sailings before I choose. Is this a wise decision, or would I be better off just guessing on which restaurants I would choose to dine? What would you do? Thanks for any input, greatly appreciated.

I just made all of mine on line did my 4/24/15 cruise. 9 months away and I had a little trouble getting the times I wanted especially at Jaime's. I suggest you make yours soon. You can always change them later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since IT would have to do it, they probably never updated the system to ask the question since it was never an official one to ask before. When booking over the phone they ask it. If you call the dynamic dining number they will also ask you your table preference (or tell you what they have if it is set).

Interesting....when I made my reservations via telephone and asked about table size I was told there was no way to request size and to check onboard. I'll give it another try, call them again and see what answer I get this time. ;)

As table seating has always been done by onboard staff and the land based dining department has just forwarded special requests to them, I can not imagine that they have made that drastic of an operational change just for Quantum Class.

While I have heard lots of chatter here on CC, Dynamic Dining has worked perfectly for me and I have had no problem in booking my desired reservations. While Dynamic Dining reservations was a dedicated team in the early stages, on my last call I was told that they have trained the entire call center now and reservations can be done with anyone that has been trained.

Just to note, on the 2 November Maiden Voyage, the only 2 venues to fill up early on have been The Grande and the specialty restaurant Wonderland. This only, of course, includes the slots they allocated now to pre-booking.

As table seating has always been done by onboard staff and the land based dining department has just forwarded special requests to them, I can not imagine that they have made that drastic of an operational change just for Quantum Class.

While I have heard lots of chatter here on CC, Dynamic Dining has worked perfectly for me and I have had no problem in booking my desired reservations. While Dynamic Dining reservations was a dedicated team in the early stages, on my last call I was told that they have trained the entire call center now and reservations can be done with anyone that has been trained.

Just to note, on the 2 November Maiden Voyage, the only 2 venues to fill up early on have been The Grande and the specialty restaurant Wonderland. This only, of course, includes the slots they allocated now to pre-booking.

I'm really wondering if the system even knows out preference. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't just so that when we arrive at the door they don't have to ask the question and then they figure out a table.

Since the public roll out it seems like anyone is able to book the dining. The people in the initial team were transfered to a special task force about a week after the failed launch in order to deal with all the issues. They are still operating as this special team, though I have no idea what they are doing since I've fixed more issues than them (nearly all compared to -4).

Interesting that The Grande is so popular on the transatlantic. On both the 11/23 and 12/1 sailings I've seen that The Grande is popular on certain nights (sea days) but it's American Icon that is tough to get into at a good time nearly every night. Wonder if it has to do with people just preferring to dress up on sea days (plenty on a transatlantic) or the difference between UK and US audiences. The specialty restaurants also seem to be fairly open across the board for the 12/1 sailing (didn't check 11/23 but it was the same last I checked). Each venue seems to have about 10 or more times available per night. Only the complimentary venues are getting filled (about 4 slots per night) and that's the case for both sailings.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Interesting how we are told such complete different information.

They clearly stated to me that table size was not booked at time of reservation, just dining time.

I was told the dedicated team was only for the test bookings and about 2 weeks into the normal booking time and after that they had trained everybody.

Some reported the launch as failed. That is not at all my experience. My reservations and confirmation and cruise calendar and follow up have been nothing less than perfect.

As American Icon is the lunch venue on sea days as well, that may have slowed dinner reservations there.

There seems to be a very high demand for all specialty restaurants as many time slots have disappeared, but only Wonderland is currently sold out.

I have spent a great bit of time on the phone with the dynamic dining customer service agents and they said when you are making your reservations that is the size table you will be given. Also, just linking your reservations does not automatically put you together for dinner, you have to add the people you want from the other reservation and then you will get a table to the number of guests you need. I was originally told that they would automatically link, but that is not the case with dynamic dining. Hope this info helps:)