Best place to watch ships leave Fort Lauderdale

Therobielyn's

Hi all,

We are sailing away on the Carnival Conquest on Sunday February 1, 2015 (6 days) and then taking the Oasis of the Seas on Sunday February 7, 2015.

Our question is, what is the name of that rocky point seen near the beach in Fort Lauderdale and how do you get there? Are there any good restaurants near by?

Any help would be so appreciated.

Is there a better place to watch the ships sail?

search is your friend

I searched "watch" on this forum

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2014954&highlight=watch

Hi all- my teenage son is going to FLL to visit grandparents and wants to watch the ships leave and take some pictures. What's the best place for him? Basically if he could be the Port Everglades Webcam he'd be thrilled

The best place is the top of the 17th Street Bridge.

The jetty where the ships go out of is a pain in the ass to get to, has limited hours, and the view isn't near as good as the bridge.

Otherwise, stay at the Largo Mar.

My wife and I walked over the bridge on 17th street where there is a gas station on the corner. If you walk one block east there is a dead end street that you can get into the subdivision at this point by walking thru. Go two blocks south, then two more blocks east. There is an area between buildings that is a public access to the beach. It took us 10-12 min and we were on the beach.

We have stayed at the Sheraton and walked down to the rocky point. Just be prepared for quite a walk. I think it was right at a mile. Not bad on level ground, but you are walking in/on the sand. Wasn't back walking there, but the way back we were walking into a strong wind, which made it worse.

Not saying its not doable, just be prepared, it is not a 5 minute walk.

Agree, that if you stayed at the Logo Mar you would be lots, lots closer. We have visited friends there years ago and stood on their balcony and watched the ships leave. Very nice.

May want to check and see if there is a public restaurant at the hotel that you could eat at and then maybe walk to the beach.???

NHRA: I know where you have walked to. Hubby and I have gone to the catholic church back there several times. Just not sure where you have public access to the beach. We have never tried that.