Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Costa Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Costa Cruises
Read hundreds of Costa Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Costa Cruise Deals.

Go To: Costa Cruises ROLL CALL Forum

Old October 29th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Costa Drink Prices

We are booked on Costa Fortuna on 25th March. We cannot decide whether to take the wine package however I am not a big drinker. Can anybody tell me roughly how much a glass of house wine would be??

Thanks in anticipation.
Costa Fortuna 25th March 06 Mediterranean (Eclipse)
Thomsons Spirit 30th Sept 05 Mediterranean
Airtours Carousel 24th Sept 04 Mediterranean

Old October 30th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

We did the wine package and thought it was great value, you can have this at lunch as well if you like and the water comes in handy, if you don't drink the whole bottle in one evening they will recork it so you have it the next night. The champane we shared with the other couple at our table on the 1st gala night and we shared their's on the 2nd one. The prices per glass went from 3.50euro up depending of which you order and it is a full glass not the normal european 1dl as we get here. Beer went from 3 euro and they always had a daily cocktail at 4.50 euro normaly they where 6 and up. We did order 1 bottle of wine when we did the fine dinning and there prices started I think around 28euro up to ................as much as you like. I did think the prices of drinks where good and thought they would be dearer so I was happy impressed. We also had the girls and boys package and used it on juices, coffee and water when we where around the pool. Cheers Zeby

Old October 30th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

I queried beer/spirit prices with Costa, reply as follows, though they didn't mention wine here:-
"As requested please find below prices for drink onboard. Prices are in euros and are subject to change,
Sprits & mixer
€5.74
Cocktails €4.50
Beers (Budweiser, Corona, Beck's, Heineken) €3.50
Kind regards
Reservations Supervisor
Costa Cruises UK - London"

Old October 31st, 2005, 10:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

We felt the wine package was a great deal. You could always fill you glass and take it to the show if have early seating. Save it for the next night. By the end of our cruise we still had one bottle left, so we just asked for it and took it home. The 10 bottles of water also come in handy with this package..

Old October 31st, 2005, 06:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks a million to you all, you have been so helpful. Think we will get the package.

From what you say drink prices seem very reasonable, however alot of the reviews I have read re Costa, some people complain about the drink prices. I assume though that the 15% tax will be added to those prices

The last 2 cruises we have done (with British companies) were both fully all inclusive although we paid £99 per person for it.. Bad idea, just makes you drink more to get your moneys worth!!!!

Ad Sponsored By
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Sorry another question. Is there any "free" tap water with meals??

Old November 1st, 2005, 09:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Yes You can get "free" tap water with meals and at the buffet.

Old November 3rd, 2005, 03:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

What is the price of the wine package?

Old November 4th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Cool Cruiser

Well I have been quoted different prices!! The Costa website quotes the "Classic" as 94.78 Euros and the "special" as 103.48 Euros, However I have been quoted cheaper by Costa direct which was around £60 for the "Classic" and £67 for the "special"

Also if you booking is a "Pronto" price you are entitled to 10% off the wine package.

Old November 12th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default wine price

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmf27
We felt the wine package was a great deal. You could always fill you glass and take it to the show if have early seating. Save it for the next night. By the end of our cruise we still had one bottle left, so we just asked for it and took it home. The 10 bottles of water also come in handy with this package..
could you tell me how much the wine pack is please jamie57

Old November 12th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

What is a "pronto" price? Just curious. Also, what is incluede in the wine package? Thanks again!

Carnival Mardi Gras 6/79
(back to back cruises)
Carnival Mardi Gras 6/79
Carnival Celebration 8/02
RCCL Splendour of the Seas 3/03
Carnival Jubilee 7/03
Carnival Conquest 1/04
Carnival Celebration 1/04
Carnival Elation 2/04
Carnival Elation 1/05
Norwegian Wind 12/05
Norwegian Dream 3/07
Carnival Fantasy 6/07

Old November 12th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

What is a "pronto" price? Just curious. Also, what is included in the wine package? Thanks again!

Carnival Mardi Gras 6/79
(back to back cruises)
Carnival Mardi Gras 6/79
Carnival Celebration 8/02
RCCL Splendour of the Seas 3/03
Carnival Jubilee 7/03
Carnival Conquest 1/04
Carnival Celebration 1/04
Carnival Elation 2/04
Carnival Elation 1/05
Norwegian Wind 12/05
Norwegian Dream 3/07
Carnival Fantasy 6/07

Old November 12th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbabe61
Well I have been quoted different prices!! The Costa website quotes the "Classic" as 94.78 Euros and the "special" as 103.48 Euros, However I have been quoted cheaper by Costa direct which was around £60 for the "Classic" and £67 for the "special"

Also if you booking is a "Pronto" price you are entitled to 10% off the wine package.
Website is quoted in Euros even on the .co.uk site so if you translate 99euros to pounds it is about £60 and the pronto price discount is 25%

Old November 12th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

WINE PACKAGE "SPECIAL SELECTION"
5 bottles of superior quality Italian wines of your choosing + 1 bottle of sparkling wine + 10 bottles of mineral water for free and a discount of at least 10% on the purchase price of the wine.
1 Pinot Grigio doc Collio "Fantinel"
1 Gavi di Gavi docg "Fontanafredda"
1 Cabernet Sauvignon Morago "Pasqua"
1 Chianti Classico docg "Rocca delle Macie"
1 Possesioni Rosso Serego Alighieri "Masi"
10 bottles of mineral water
1 Prosecco di Valdobbiadene doc "Conti Bernardi"
€107.82

WINE PACKAGE "CLASSIC SELECTION"
5 bottles of the most famous Italian wines of your choosing + 1 bottle of sparkling wine + 10 bottles of mineral water for free and a discount of at least 10% on the purchase price of the wine.
1 Soave Classico doc "Pasqua"
1 Vernaccia San Giminiano doc "Rocca delle Macie"
1 Dolcetto d'Alba doc "Beni di Batasiolo"
1 Cabernet Sauvignon doc Borgo Tesis "Fantinel"
1 Rosso di Franciacorta doc "Ricci Cubastro"
10 bottles of mineral water
1 Prosecco di Valdobbiadene doc "Conti Bernardi"
€99.13

These are the only two packages that qualify for the pronto price discount.

BOYS & GIRLS CARD
20 alcohol free drinks form the following selection: Soft drinks, Virgin Delights, Fresh squeezed citrus fruits, Iced Tea, Milk shakes, Assorted Sirups.
€40.00

have fun
Shelley x x x

Old November 12th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Another option...

There is also a very little known option that Costa has which allows for UNLIMITED beer(draft), wine by the glass (probably house), sodas & mineral waters at lunch & dinner on your trip (in the restaurants). It costs about $10 per day -- WELL worth it for a beer with lunch & a couple of glasses of wine and some water with dinner. You (or your TA) have to call Costa directly to get this package. I plan to make good use of it on my Dec 19th trip

Old November 12th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgsmom
There is also a very little known option that Costa has which allows for UNLIMITED beer(draft), wine by the glass (probably house), sodas & mineral waters at lunch & dinner on your trip (in the restaurants). It costs about $10 per day -- WELL worth it for a beer with lunch & a couple of glasses of wine and some water with dinner. You (or your TA) have to call Costa directly to get this package. I plan to make good use of it on my Dec 19th trip
are you serious?
is this ONLY at dinner?

Old November 13th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default unlimited beer and wine package

Quote:
Do you happen to know the name of that package? They have many different names for various "packages".... Thanks.

Old November 13th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

This is a very well kept secret.

I called Costa re: our 2/11/07 cruise and they knew nothing of this option.

Getaway 4/19/14, Reflection 2/1/14, Allure of the Seas 9/29/13, Reflection 2/2/13, Oasis of the Seas 9/22/12, Majesty of the Seas 2/2/12,Millennium 10/13/11, Century 5/14/11, Solstice 4/24/11,Eclipse 2/12/11,Constellation 9/18/10,Solstice 7/18/10,Majesty of the Seas 6/18/10,Majesty of the Seas 6/4/10,Liberty of the Seas 5/2/10,Celebrity Solstice 1/31/10,Liberty of the Seas 9/26/09,Monarch of the Seas 8/24/09,Carnival Splendor 4/19/09,Adventure of the Seas 2/15/09,Liberty of the Seas 9/27/08,Valor 7/27/08,Galaxy 2/4/08,Carribean Princess 9/23/07,Rhapsody of the Seas 6/24/07,Mediterranea 2/11/07,Conquest 10/15/06,Rhapsody of the Seas 9/10/06,Grand Princess 1/28/06,Conquest 9/18/05,Granduer of the Seas 2/5/05,Elation 1/25/04,Conquest 9/21/03,Celebration 9/14/02,Celebration 1/6/01, Norwegian Sun 2/28/2000, Soveriegn of the Sea 9/4/97,Commodore 4/1/96 9/1/96

Old November 16th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Please jog that memory for us

Quote:
You really need to try and recall exactly what you asked for.....a little more specific than saying "ask for it". The Specialty Options need a name or package number......

Old November 19th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

I booked it for our cruise on 17 December and just asked Costa for the drinks package that allowed unlimited drinks with luch and dinner in the dining room. It is either 10 euros, $10 or just under £7 per day. You have to pay for the whole duration of the cruise and not all members of your party need to take it. Costa took my credit card details and took the payment there and then. It is not advertised but the girl told me that it is in their handbook.

Here is my e-mail reply from Costa when I enquired about it . . .

"Please find below details of our drinks package.

Beverage Package during Lunch and Dinner
White and Red wines or draft beer,soft drinks, mineral water, all
served
by the glass.
£47.49 per person for the full duration of the cruise."

Just ask for the unlimited $10 Beverage Package during Lunch and Dinner and you should get it that way (not all the staff know about it).

Hope this helps.

Tracey