Southhampton to Heathrow transfer

only way to travel

We are traveling on the QE in August and have a return flight on a Sunday from Heathrow at 12:20 pm. Will we have enough time to make the flight and what are the best options for transfer from the ship to Heathrow? We will change the flight if necessary, but would prefer to make the 12:20 flight.

The cruise line normally sells airport transfers from the excursions area. These often include trips to Stonehenge,Windsor etc. on the way but I am pretty certain they also do direct and specify flight time appropriate to each coach.

Regards John

You could email Southampton Taxi operators for a quote and disclose their opinion whether your flight is achievable. Self-disembarkation is earliest to get off ship if you can manage your own luggage. If you need to change your flight London Gatwick is significantly nearer Southampton and avoids London. Many more international flights now go from Gatwick than did previously.

Regards John

Both West Quay Cars and Smith's for Airports have delivered me to Heathrow in time for a post 1pm flight, it will be worth getting guidance from either firm for your planned schedule as suggested above. Both firms provide modern, clean vehicles with smartly turned out and helpful drivers who will get you to your destination safely.

From previous experience of the Cunard bus, while it works well enough for a post 1pm flight, I believe that your schedule is too tight to risk it, which concurs with the advice Cunard has given.

M-AR

I second the recommendation for Smith's for Airports. We have used them at least 8 times for different transfers. They are based in Southampton, and their quotes are always less than the other companies we have queried.

Additionally, we have always had courteous, helpful, drivers who arrive on time and drive carefully. The vehicles are clean and in good order.

Ricki

• 3 weeks later...

On checking my notes of our Southampton disembarcion from the Queen Elizabeth 2 on Sunday, Sep 20, 2016 and where we used Wet Quay Taxis, the read -

"Day15, Sep 30: Southampton, where we docked around 6 AM. Our Self HelpDisembarkation started around 7:05 AM, we were off the ship – nocustoms/immigration – waiting for our pick-up at 7:25. Our driver, Mike, showedup just before 7:45 (our requested pick-up time). A very comfortable ride to Heathrow, where we arrived ataround 9:05. We were all checked in etc and by 10 AM were waiting in thedeparture lounge"