Cannot understand the negatives about Britannia

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!


Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:51 AM.
Kent, England
6,105 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Originally posted by majortom10
I have no problems any cruise line or ship having sailaway parties on deck it is everybody's choice to whether they attend or not what I do find cringeworthy is the persistence on P&O to play the theme from the Dambusters. When I last attended one we were berthed next to an Aida ship and the entertainment officer when the tune was being played shouted lets show the Germans on Aida who won the war. Cringeworthy and very embarrassing.
Then you have the good old british knees up. Has it never occurred to them that the vast majority of passengers are not cockneys. Of course they are catering to their passengers opinions.

This may or may not have happened. They were playing the Dambusters March to annoy the germans on MeinSchiff parked next door. Meanwhile the germans were lining the rails waving towels

Moral of the story, the germans have a sense of humour and the british should start living in the 21st century
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Include tips in the fare

Previously
Thomson Celebration x 4
Thomson Spirit x 3
Thomson Destiny x 3
Thomson Dream x 2
Thomson Majesty x 3
P&O Ventura x 6
P&O Oceana x 8
P&O Arcadia
P&O Britannia
P&O Aurora x 2
P&O Oriana
TUI Discovery x 2
NCL Epic

To come
Thomson Majesty 2017
P&O Oceana 2017
P&O Azura 2017
TUI Discovery 2018
TUI Explorer 2018
P&O Oceana 2018
Valencia, Spain
1,117 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Originally posted by davecttr

Moral of the story, the germans have a sense of humour and the british should start living in the 21st century
Totally agree but sadly I think that ship has sailed. Pardon the pun.
Taunton
488 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by mickey89
. Only wish they would change their policy towards formal nights, one a week is sufficient and would become more of a highlight.
I have thought similar for some time. Perhaps 3, a welcome, a farewell and perhaps a black and white night in the middle.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






Valencia, Spain
1,117 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Originally posted by Somerset Cruiser
I have thought similar for some time. Perhaps 3, a welcome, a farewell and perhaps a black and white night in the middle.
On the other hand of course I am entirely happy with 2 Formal Nights a week. On a practical basis, who wants to pack a Dinner Suit to only wear it once or twice during a cruise?
Taunton
488 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by dgs1956
On the other hand of course I am entirely happy with 2 Formal Nights a week. On a practical basis, who wants to pack a Dinner Suit to only wear it once or twice during a cruise?
I don't disagree, other than the Caribbean where 4 nights seem too many.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






Stoke on Trent, England
4,854 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Somerset Cruiser
I don't disagree, other than the Caribbean where 4 nights seem too many.
We have 5 on our 17 night cruise in August to the Eastern Med. Just glad we are going from Southampton ;-)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature







Sailed on:
P&O Britannia 28.05.17 : Iberian Cruise
P&O Oceana 10.08.16 : Western Med fly cruise
P&O Britannia 25.07.15 : Iberia and Canaries
P&O Oceana 08.04.15 : Western Med
P&O Oceana 19.04.14 : Iberian Cruise
RCI Independence of the Seas 29.10.13 : Mini cruise
Celebrity Silhouette 12:08:13 : Greek Islands / Italy
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:12 : Adriatic / Venice
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:11 : Eastern Med/Holy Land
P&O Oceana August 2010 : Western Med
Ocean Village 02:08:09 : Eastern Med / Crete
Louis Cruises August 2001 : Egypt
Stoke on Trent, England
4,854 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Well, back on track for the original thread.

Have just returned from a fabulous week on Britannia. I don't think we are alone in saying that it has been an excellent week visiting the Iberian Coast. The weather was beautiful, but it was good to go back to Britannia after a 2 year break. Will be posting a full review covering the 'hot topics' like embarkation, the aft cabins (noise and soot!), formal nights and the new food menu.
Anyway, 2 very happy cruisers today --- well, happy with the ship and P&O, but not so happy to be home !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature







Sailed on:
P&O Britannia 28.05.17 : Iberian Cruise
P&O Oceana 10.08.16 : Western Med fly cruise
P&O Britannia 25.07.15 : Iberia and Canaries
P&O Oceana 08.04.15 : Western Med
P&O Oceana 19.04.14 : Iberian Cruise
RCI Independence of the Seas 29.10.13 : Mini cruise
Celebrity Silhouette 12:08:13 : Greek Islands / Italy
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:12 : Adriatic / Venice
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:11 : Eastern Med/Holy Land
P&O Oceana August 2010 : Western Med
Ocean Village 02:08:09 : Eastern Med / Crete
Louis Cruises August 2001 : Egypt
UK
285 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Just a few comments on our Britannia cruise, although it was two years ago.
We liked the decor of the ship, smart and modern. Although the balcony was very small, it did mean lovely sea views from the bed. Liked the big tv!
However, we really missed a promenade deck.
The real down point for us was the staff. Our cabin steward was lovely, and friendly, and there were some charming people working in the buffet. However I saw numerous instances of serving staff deliberately avoiding would-be customers in the lounges, unfriendly behaviour and a general impression that looking after the passengers was beneath their dignity. I've never encountered this on other cruise lines, and I'm fairly certain it wasn't something I'd done, being by nature, polite, respectful and very grateful to have someone bringing me my food and drink. It was our second P and O cruise, the first being on the Oriana, where on one occasion in the MDR, the waiter almost threw my menu at me.
It has definitely put me off sailing with P and O again, especially having gone back to the superior service experience on Princess, Celebrity and NCL.
England
662 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
Originally posted by Presto2
Well, back on track for the original thread.

Have just returned from a fabulous week on Britannia. I don't think we are alone in saying that it has been an excellent week visiting the Iberian Coast. The weather was beautiful, but it was good to go back to Britannia after a 2 year break. Will be posting a full review covering the 'hot topics' like embarkation, the aft cabins (noise and soot!), formal nights and the new food menu.
Anyway, 2 very happy cruisers today --- well, happy with the ship and P&O, but not so happy to be home !
Glad to hear that you had a good cruise. There appears to be a long delay in reviews getting posted. I wrote one last week on our recent cruise on Aurora and it's still not published. Any info in the meantime on how you found the aft cabins would be much appreciated. We have a booking for an F deck aft corner wrap suite and are concerned about noise disturbance from the Live Lounge, even though we are 2 levels up from it, as reviews to date have been contradictory.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
P&O Cruises Experience – 134 nights over 11 cruises (Aurora, Azura, Britannia x 3, Oceana x 2, Oriana x 2, Ventura x 2)
P&O Cruises to Come - 62 nights over 5 cruises (2017 - Aurora, 2018 - Aurora, Arcadia, Aurora, 2019 - Aurora)

674(A) Oriana 14/5/96. Southampton to Istanbul. 8 nights. Outside Cabin.
E620 Oceana 11/8/06. Mediterranean. 14 nights. Outside Cabin.
E720 Oceana 12/8/07. Canaries. 13 nights. Outside Cabin.
X912 Oriana 24/7/09. Baltic. 14 nights. Outside Cabin.
A118 Azura 5/8/11. Mediterranean. 16 nights. Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabin.
N321 Ventura 18/8/13. Mediterranean. 14 nights. Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabin.
B517 Britannia 15/8/15. Mediterranean. 14 nights. Suite.
B622 Britannia 23/7/16. Norwegian Fjords. 7 nights. Suite.
N703 Ventura 15/2/17. Amsterdam & Bruges. 4 nights. Penthouse Suite.

R705 Aurora 13/5/17. Baltic. 16 nights. Accessible Balcony Cabin.
B721 Britannia 22/7/17. Western Mediterranean. 14 nights. Suite.
Oxfordshire
608 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
Originally posted by Ergates The Ant
Just a few comments on our Britannia cruise, although it was two years ago.
We liked the decor of the ship, smart and modern. Although the balcony was very small, it did mean lovely sea views from the bed. Liked the big tv!
However, we really missed a promenade deck.
The real down point for us was the staff. Our cabin steward was lovely, and friendly, and there were some charming people working in the buffet. However I saw numerous instances of serving staff deliberately avoiding would-be customers in the lounges, unfriendly behaviour and a general impression that looking after the passengers was beneath their dignity. I've never encountered this on other cruise lines, and I'm fairly certain it wasn't something I'd done, being by nature, polite, respectful and very grateful to have someone bringing me my food and drink. It was our second P and O cruise, the first being on the Oriana, where on one occasion in the MDR, the waiter almost threw my menu at me.
It has definitely put me off sailing with P and O again, especially having gone back to the superior service experience on Princess, Celebrity and NCL.
I think you will find it different now. They used too many new staff in her first few months and they didn't seem to be able to cope. We were on her in Sept 2015 and they were back to normal (as it were) then.

She is a stunning ship, but she does seem to attract a different clientele to the other ships, ie. passengers not liking wearing Black Tie, which is a great shame as this is one of the highlights of a cruise on P&O. There are so few cruise lines that actually have any such dress codes nowadays and one of joys is seeing a ship full of ladies in long dresses and gentlemen in Black Tie! 😊

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature





Previous Cruises:- Seabourn Goddess II - Aug 2001 Aurora - Oct 2001 Oriana - Nov 2001 Hebridean Spirit - June 2002 Hebridean Spirit - Oct 2002 Seabourn Legend - July 2003 Seabourn Pride - Aug 2003 Adonia (Old one) - July 2004 Hebridean Spirit - Oct 2004 Aurora - Nov 2005 Aurora - Aug 2006 Arcadia - June 2007 QM2 - May 2008 Arcadia - June 2009 Arcadia - Nov 2009 Azura - April 2010 Azura - July 2011 Azura - Aug 2012 Arcadia - Oct 2012 Oceana - July 2013 Adonia - Aug 2013 Arcadia - June 2014 Adonia - Aug 2014 Arcadia - Dec 2014 Arcadia - July 2015 (2 cruises back to back) Britannia - Sept 2015 Aurora - Dec 2015 Oceana - March 2016 Britannia - July 2016
Stoke on Trent, England
4,854 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Selbourne
Glad to hear that you had a good cruise. There appears to be a long delay in reviews getting posted. I wrote one last week on our recent cruise on Aurora and it's still not published. Any info in the meantime on how you found the aft cabins would be much appreciated. We have a booking for an F deck aft corner wrap suite and are concerned about noise disturbance from the Live Lounge, even though we are 2 levels up from it, as reviews to date have been contradictory.
Hi, we were in F729 (sigh, to be there now) and the Ventura Suite (F730 / 31 we think) was to our left. We also had the chance to watch the folks enjoying the wrap round cabin on the deck below *G deck below the Ventura Suite)

All we can do is to compare with our last stay in August 2015 in the same cabin.

We thought that the noise level from the Live Lounge was far less - they certainly did not rehearse at full blast in the day and we could hardly hear them at all in the evening. Just a faint noise a very slight vibration for the bass. We asked the couple we had seen on the G deck wrap round suite about the noise and they said that they hadn't heard anything at all and from where we were they certainly appeared to love the extra space and chance to dine on the balcony.

We did experience some soot though - probably more than on our first cruise. Having said that the cabin steward hosed it down twice a day (poor man) -- I'd say that there were about 40 very small specks on the balcony this morning from overnight. Some days were better than others. We did enjoy a day on the balcony and weren't affected at all and didn't look like of one of the 101 Dalmatians when we came inside :-)

We just loved the peace and quiet at the back - couldn't believe that anyone else was on the ship and slept like logs. The sunsets from the back were amazing. The cabin steward, Jose, was brilliant - one of the best ever.

We did feel some judder from the engines at times, but that is normal for any ship at the back when docking and we got used to it.

From where we were, the wrap round balcony looked amazing and we loved our cruise. Would we book it again - in a heart beat - soot or no soot.

Which cabin have you booked?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature







Sailed on:
P&O Britannia 28.05.17 : Iberian Cruise
P&O Oceana 10.08.16 : Western Med fly cruise
P&O Britannia 25.07.15 : Iberia and Canaries
P&O Oceana 08.04.15 : Western Med
P&O Oceana 19.04.14 : Iberian Cruise
RCI Independence of the Seas 29.10.13 : Mini cruise
Celebrity Silhouette 12:08:13 : Greek Islands / Italy
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:12 : Adriatic / Venice
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:11 : Eastern Med/Holy Land
P&O Oceana August 2010 : Western Med
Ocean Village 02:08:09 : Eastern Med / Crete
Louis Cruises August 2001 : Egypt
Stoke on Trent, England
4,854 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Cruise Puss
I think you will find it different now. They used too many new staff in her first few months and they didn't seem to be able to cope. We were on her in Sept 2015 and they were back to normal (as it were) then.

She is a stunning ship, but she does seem to attract a different clientele to the other ships, ie. passengers not liking wearing Black Tie, which is a great shame as this is one of the highlights of a cruise on P&O. There are so few cruise lines that actually have any such dress codes nowadays and one of joys is seeing a ship full of ladies in long dresses and gentlemen in Black Tie! 😊

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.
Everyone looked stunning last week - almost all of the 3,500 of us ;-)
Agree about service - it was far better this time on some areas than when we sailed in 2015.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature







Sailed on:
P&O Britannia 28.05.17 : Iberian Cruise
P&O Oceana 10.08.16 : Western Med fly cruise
P&O Britannia 25.07.15 : Iberia and Canaries
P&O Oceana 08.04.15 : Western Med
P&O Oceana 19.04.14 : Iberian Cruise
RCI Independence of the Seas 29.10.13 : Mini cruise
Celebrity Silhouette 12:08:13 : Greek Islands / Italy
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:12 : Adriatic / Venice
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:11 : Eastern Med/Holy Land
P&O Oceana August 2010 : Western Med
Ocean Village 02:08:09 : Eastern Med / Crete
Louis Cruises August 2001 : Egypt
England
662 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
Originally posted by Presto2
Hi, we were in F729 (sigh, to be there now) and the Ventura Suite (F730 / 31 we think) was to our left. We also had the chance to watch the folks enjoying the wrap round cabin on the deck below *G deck below the Ventura Suite)

All we can do is to compare with our last stay in August 2015 in the same cabin.

We thought that the noise level from the Live Lounge was far less - they certainly did not rehearse at full blast in the day and we could hardly hear them at all in the evening. Just a faint noise a very slight vibration for the bass. We asked the couple we had seen on the G deck wrap round suite about the noise and they said that they hadn't heard anything at all and from where we were they certainly appeared to love the extra space and chance to dine on the balcony.

We did experience some soot though - probably more than on our first cruise. Having said that the cabin steward hosed it down twice a day (poor man) -- I'd say that there were about 40 very small specks on the balcony this morning from overnight. Some days were better than others. We did enjoy a day on the balcony and weren't affected at all and didn't look like of one of the 101 Dalmatians when we came inside :-)

We just loved the peace and quiet at the back - couldn't believe that anyone else was on the ship and slept like logs. The sunsets from the back were amazing. The cabin steward, Jose, was brilliant - one of the best ever.

We did feel some judder from the engines at times, but that is normal for any ship at the back when docking and we got used to it.

From where we were, the wrap round balcony looked amazing and we loved our cruise. Would we book it again - in a heart beat - soot or no soot.

Which cabin have you booked?
Thanks. That's really helpful. We are on the opposite side to you (Port) but would hope that the noise from the Live Lounge shouldn't be any worse there. I can live with vibration when docking. Do I take it that it wasn't a problem at other times? We have booked Suite F730 and the adjacent balcony cabin F728 for our daughters. We have the added worry of cigarette smells (and potential noise) from the smoking area outside the Live Lounge, but all starboard suites were taken when we booked (other than G deck which we wouldn't risk). We met a couple on Aurora last week who stayed in an aft corner suite on C deck on Britannia last year and said that they would never book one again due to the soot problem. It was less about the soot and more about unannounced cleaning of their balcony, which they found obtrusive - especially if they weren't dressed! I'm less worried about that as we tend to wake early and we don't sunbathe, but I'm not sure what our daughters will make of it! I shall be glad when this cruise comes. I've been worrying about these issues for a year and it's costing me a small fortune, so the stakes are high!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
P&O Cruises Experience – 134 nights over 11 cruises (Aurora, Azura, Britannia x 3, Oceana x 2, Oriana x 2, Ventura x 2)
P&O Cruises to Come - 62 nights over 5 cruises (2017 - Aurora, 2018 - Aurora, Arcadia, Aurora, 2019 - Aurora)

674(A) Oriana 14/5/96. Southampton to Istanbul. 8 nights. Outside Cabin.
E620 Oceana 11/8/06. Mediterranean. 14 nights. Outside Cabin.
E720 Oceana 12/8/07. Canaries. 13 nights. Outside Cabin.
X912 Oriana 24/7/09. Baltic. 14 nights. Outside Cabin.
A118 Azura 5/8/11. Mediterranean. 16 nights. Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabin.
N321 Ventura 18/8/13. Mediterranean. 14 nights. Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabin.
B517 Britannia 15/8/15. Mediterranean. 14 nights. Suite.
B622 Britannia 23/7/16. Norwegian Fjords. 7 nights. Suite.
N703 Ventura 15/2/17. Amsterdam & Bruges. 4 nights. Penthouse Suite.

R705 Aurora 13/5/17. Baltic. 16 nights. Accessible Balcony Cabin.
B721 Britannia 22/7/17. Western Mediterranean. 14 nights. Suite.
Stoke on Trent, England
4,854 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Selbourne
Thanks. That's really helpful. We are on the opposite side to you (Port) but would hope that the noise from the Live Lounge shouldn't be any worse there. I can live with vibration when docking. Do I take it that it wasn't a problem at other times? We have booked Suite F730 and the adjacent balcony cabin F728 for our daughters. We have the added worry of cigarette smells (and potential noise) from the smoking area outside the Live Lounge, but all starboard suites were taken when we booked (other than G deck which we wouldn't risk). We met a couple on Aurora last week who stayed in an aft corner suite on C deck on Britannia last year and said that they would never book one again due to the soot problem. It was less about the soot and more about unannounced cleaning of their balcony, which they found obtrusive - especially if they weren't dressed! I'm less worried about that as we tend to wake early and we don't sunbathe, but I'm not sure what our daughters will make of it! I shall be glad when this cruise comes. I've been worrying about these issues for a year and it's costing me a small fortune, so the stakes are high!
Hi, our Cabin Steward hosed ours down when he did the cabin - i.e. when we were not there! In 2015 I remember they sometimes picked a time! If Jose in F729 can do it they all can --- then again, he may be your cabin steward and he is just brilliant! When do you sail as he is there now for months?

There was some vibration at other times, but we found this on the Celebrity Silhouette in an aft cabin 3 times so it isn't something new for aft cabins.

I am sure that you will all have a great time - there is truth in all complaints re noise and soot but it really was not a big deal for us. If you are expecting some minor issues then you will be ok.
Are the cabins perfect? No.
Is the ship perfect? No.
Are there some positive and some negatives re the cabins? Yes.

Did we experience all? Yes
Did we have a fabulous time? YOU BET !!!

Any more questions just ask

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature







Sailed on:
P&O Britannia 28.05.17 : Iberian Cruise
P&O Oceana 10.08.16 : Western Med fly cruise
P&O Britannia 25.07.15 : Iberia and Canaries
P&O Oceana 08.04.15 : Western Med
P&O Oceana 19.04.14 : Iberian Cruise
RCI Independence of the Seas 29.10.13 : Mini cruise
Celebrity Silhouette 12:08:13 : Greek Islands / Italy
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:12 : Adriatic / Venice
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:11 : Eastern Med/Holy Land
P&O Oceana August 2010 : Western Med
Ocean Village 02:08:09 : Eastern Med / Crete
Louis Cruises August 2001 : Egypt
Romiley, Cheshire, UK
439 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
We are diehard Celebrity fans booked for the first time on Britannia 16 July sailing. We fancied sailing from Southampton and the itinerary looks good. As we booked a guarantee balcony we haven't got an allocation yet, we are looking forward to it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
P&O OV Caribbean 2004
NCL Pride of America Hawaii 2006
RCI Brilliance of the Seas 2010 Dubai
RCI Grandeur of the Seas Med 2011
MSC Armonia 2012 Med
Celebrity Century Alaska 2012
Cunard QV 2013 Hong Kong
Celebrity Equinox 2013 Med
Celebrity Summit 2014 Bermuda
Cunard QE Med 2014
Cunard QV Med 2015
Celebrity Equinox Caribbean 2015
Celebrity Summit Bermuda 2016
Cunard QV Med 2016
Celebrity Reflection Caribbean 2016
Celebrity Summit Bermuda 2017
P&O Britannia 2017 France & Spain
Celebrity Equinox 2017 ABC Caribbean
Celebrity Millennium 2018 Japan
[IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stoke on Trent, England
4,854 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Jayneykul
We are diehard Celebrity fans booked for the first time on Britannia 16 July sailing. We fancied sailing from Southampton and the itinerary looks good. As we booked a guarantee balcony we haven't got an allocation yet, we are looking forward to it.
You will find P&O very different from Celebrity, but Britannia is beautiful and if you go knowing that it is different - and happy to just go with the flow - you will have a great time. If you enjoy a drink you'll find that you will save a fortune :-)

Any questions just ask.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature







Sailed on:
P&O Britannia 28.05.17 : Iberian Cruise
P&O Oceana 10.08.16 : Western Med fly cruise
P&O Britannia 25.07.15 : Iberia and Canaries
P&O Oceana 08.04.15 : Western Med
P&O Oceana 19.04.14 : Iberian Cruise
RCI Independence of the Seas 29.10.13 : Mini cruise
Celebrity Silhouette 12:08:13 : Greek Islands / Italy
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:12 : Adriatic / Venice
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:11 : Eastern Med/Holy Land
P&O Oceana August 2010 : Western Med
Ocean Village 02:08:09 : Eastern Med / Crete
Louis Cruises August 2001 : Egypt
Romiley, Cheshire, UK
439 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Thanks Presto! We usually get a drinks package on Celebrity. We have done quite a few cruises on Cunard in QG but after last year won't be bothering going back with them. I don't suppose the membership points transfer from Cunard to P&O do they?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
P&O OV Caribbean 2004
NCL Pride of America Hawaii 2006
RCI Brilliance of the Seas 2010 Dubai
RCI Grandeur of the Seas Med 2011
MSC Armonia 2012 Med
Celebrity Century Alaska 2012
Cunard QV 2013 Hong Kong
Celebrity Equinox 2013 Med
Celebrity Summit 2014 Bermuda
Cunard QE Med 2014
Cunard QV Med 2015
Celebrity Equinox Caribbean 2015
Celebrity Summit Bermuda 2016
Cunard QV Med 2016
Celebrity Reflection Caribbean 2016
Celebrity Summit Bermuda 2017
P&O Britannia 2017 France & Spain
Celebrity Equinox 2017 ABC Caribbean
Celebrity Millennium 2018 Japan
[IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Whitley Bay, North East England
6,315 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Originally posted by Jayneykul
Thanks Presto! We usually get a drinks package on Celebrity. We have done quite a few cruises on Cunard in QG but after last year won't be bothering going back with them. I don't suppose the membership points transfer from Cunard to P&O do they?


Sorry no and not the other way either.


Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Aurora AU112 Arcadia AR223
Aurora R418 Aurora R419
Adonia F507 Adonia F508
Aurora R525 Arcadia J625
Oceana E721 Oriana X718
Arcadia J813 Oriana X820
Ventura N902 Aurora R913
Arcadia J004 Oceana E021
Ventura N110 Azura A121
Aurora R119 Ventura N210
Arcadia J217 Oriana X302
Oriana X312 Aurora R315
Oceana E402 Azura A409
Azura A410 Oceana E425
Oceana E426 Arcadia J510
Britannia B522 Britannia B523
Ventura N603 Azura A616
Arcadia J615 Arcadia J616
Oceana E625

To Come


Crown Princess 17
Britannia 17
Britannia 17
Azura 17
Azura 17
Ventura 18
Oriana 18
Oriana 18
Ventura 19



Gan Canny

Dai
Stoke on Trent, England
4,854 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Jayneykul
Thanks Presto! We usually get a drinks package on Celebrity. We have done quite a few cruises on Cunard in QG but after last year won't be bothering going back with them. I don't suppose the membership points transfer from Cunard to P&O do they?
No drinks packages as the ones on Celebrity but you can bring on as much alcohol as you like at any port to use in your cabin. We take a box of wine on and am sure that others take spirits on to have in their cabin. Wine by the bottle is sooooo much cheaper and no extra 18%. I.e about £18 in the restaurant.

The speciality dining is good on P&O and FAR cheaper than on Celebrity. The Epicurean is good, as is the Beach House and Sindhu. In effect, all are good and good value. E.g I think we paid £28 each extra for the Epicurean (most expensive) when we would expect to pay about $50 / 60 each for Muranos.

No transfer for Cunard - sorry.

I do hope you enjoy P&O. It really is different, but we love both cruise lines as they are different and each have strengths and areas to develop. We have booked Celebrity for next August, just to show you that we are not particularly biased :-)

Just to note - the formal nights tend to be more formal on P&O - we love that though, and going from Southampton means you take as much luggage as you like :-)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature







Sailed on:
P&O Britannia 28.05.17 : Iberian Cruise
P&O Oceana 10.08.16 : Western Med fly cruise
P&O Britannia 25.07.15 : Iberia and Canaries
P&O Oceana 08.04.15 : Western Med
P&O Oceana 19.04.14 : Iberian Cruise
RCI Independence of the Seas 29.10.13 : Mini cruise
Celebrity Silhouette 12:08:13 : Greek Islands / Italy
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:12 : Adriatic / Venice
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:11 : Eastern Med/Holy Land
P&O Oceana August 2010 : Western Med
Ocean Village 02:08:09 : Eastern Med / Crete
Louis Cruises August 2001 : Egypt
Romiley, Cheshire, UK
439 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
I have seen you over on the "c" board as well! We will be taking some erm aperitifs onboard but the prices sound good to indulge ourselves in the speciality dining with accompanying wines! Hoping the entertainment is good we ar real night owls
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
P&O OV Caribbean 2004
NCL Pride of America Hawaii 2006
RCI Brilliance of the Seas 2010 Dubai
RCI Grandeur of the Seas Med 2011
MSC Armonia 2012 Med
Celebrity Century Alaska 2012
Cunard QV 2013 Hong Kong
Celebrity Equinox 2013 Med
Celebrity Summit 2014 Bermuda
Cunard QE Med 2014
Cunard QV Med 2015
Celebrity Equinox Caribbean 2015
Celebrity Summit Bermuda 2016
Cunard QV Med 2016
Celebrity Reflection Caribbean 2016
Celebrity Summit Bermuda 2017
P&O Britannia 2017 France & Spain
Celebrity Equinox 2017 ABC Caribbean
Celebrity Millennium 2018 Japan
[IGPIC][/SIGPIC]