Emerald Princess-what food is free and when?

mykindaparty

There is no such thing as free food - it is included in your cruise fare - but for no extra cost you can get food in the MDR at breakfast, lunch and dinner - HC is usually open 24/7 - Alfredos (if there is one) opens at 11:30 and the IC or Patisserie is included. Room sevice menu except Pizza is included

There is no such thing as free food - it is included in your cruise fare - but for no extra cost you can get food in the MDR at breakfast, lunch and dinner - HC is usually open 24/7 - Alfredos (if there is one) opens at 11:30 and the IC or Patisserie is included. Room sevice menu except Pizza is included

Horizon Court has not been 24 hours for about 5-6 years now!! The International Cafe is now open 24 hours instead.

I was on the Royal Princess in January I think the HC closed at 11:00 p.m.??

Tony

I was on the Star in January & the HC closed at 11:00 PM & not at midnight.

I checked my Patters from the past couple years on various Princess ships and all of the buffets closed at 11:00 PM.

I was on the Star in January & the HC closed at 11:00 PM & not at midnight.

I checked my Patters from the past couple years on various Princess ships and all of the buffets closed at 11:00 PM.

11 PM has been closing time on almost all the ships for quite a few years now. :(

Princess website says midnight - please check it out

Unfortunately the Princess website is well known for not making updates in a timely manner. :rolleyes:

Their dining webpage that states closing at Midnight also has this false information because the HC buffet is open for dinner on those ships & on other Princess ships.

5:30pm - Midnight (closed for dinner Caribbean, Crown, Emerald & Ruby Princess)

I've sailed on those ships & they have a Cafe Caribe which is basically a smaller section of the buffet area. Despite the webpage showing it's open for dinner from 5:30-Onward checking my Patters for our Crown cruises it was never open during those times. Instead the HC was open for dinner...another example of incorrect website information.

For me actual experiences from passengers are more credible than information from the Princess website which you quoted. Based on itinerary the HC could be open later than 11:00 PM but everyone who has posted actual experiences have said 11:00 PM was closing time.

I just check most of my old patters (various ships) going back to 2007 and they all say 11 PM.

Our last Royal cruise was in 2016 so things may have changed since then but it was also 11 PM.

You guys are making me all sad. I was hoping Pizza would be my easy to grab thing on the Emerald! :P

I am' Gluten Free' and like Hawaiian Pizza.Guy did not have Pineapple so I went to Horizon Court asked the kitchen and came back.Had the best small Pizza I have ever eaten with lovely thin crust on Emerald Princess.If you ask for a certain filling you have to wait longer but worth in the end.......:):)

I'll throw my 2 cents in on the great pizza debate. I've never been wowed by the pizza on Princess. Not bad but nothing to rave about, until, we sailed on Emerald Princess in May. Both my husband and I still talk about how good it was.

I have no idea why the taste fluctuates so much between ships and it might have been the diet we were on for 2 months before the cruise but it was delicious.