Inaugural Cruise! June 3rd 2012! BREEZE ROLL CALL

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:50 AM.
Singapore
2,768 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Originally posted by Gary72
There is a 12 euro shuttle (per room) from the airport to the hotel or you can take the local bus that stops in front of the hotel. From the hotel to Venice, you can take the public bus...Welcome...

Airport bus with luggage space cost 4.50 euros per person and takes just 20mins. This is what we plan to take to Venice. Public bus from Mestre to Venice is just 1 euro (I read), and very short distance (3mins) across the bridge based on google map. FYI.

http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&area=23&menuid=35#

We did consider staying at Mestre as well but decided not to as we will only arrive after 2pm on June 2 and wanted to get to Venice asap since we only have half a day. Also a bit concern with having to take public transport back to Mestre at night. We wanted the flexibility of walking around Venice without worrying about the transport schedule.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

MSC Cruises - May 2018 - Northern Europe
Carnival Vista - September 2016 - Mediterranean
Celebrity Infinity - Feb/Mar 2015 - South America/Antarctica
Carnival Legend - Sep/Oct 2013 - Transatlantic

Carnival Breeze - June 2012 - Mediterranean
Coral Princess - May 2011 - Alaska
St Ives near Cambridge UK
161 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by MaximusCruiser
Airport bus with luggage space cost 4.50 euros per person and takes just 20mins. This is what we plan to take to Venice. Public bus from Mestre to Venice is just 1 euro (I read), and very short distance (3mins) across the bridge based on google map. FYI.

http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&area=23&menuid=35#

We did consider staying at Mestre as well but decided not to as we will only arrive after 2pm on June 2 and wanted to get to Venice asap since we only have half a day. Also a bit concern with having to take public transport back to Mestre at night. We wanted the flexibility of walking around Venice without worrying about the transport schedule.

Just had a quick look at the prices and timetable for us three to get to our hotel at Mestre. Will be 15 euros so I wonder how much a taxi would be ? Anyone have a link please? or know?? Thanks Tracey
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Singapore
2,768 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Originally posted by Traceyjayne
Just had a quick look at the prices and timetable for us three to get to our hotel at Mestre. Will be 15 euros so I wonder how much a taxi would be ? Anyone have a link please? or know?? Thanks Tracey
Hi Tracey... this site has some info... not sure how updated though. FYI.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/arriving_in_venice_by_air.htm
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

St Ives near Cambridge UK
161 Posts
Joined May 2008
Hi Tracey... this site has some info... not sure how updated though. FYI.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/arriving_in_venice_by_air.htm

Thanks so much for this Joe, by the way I am now starting to stress a bit about the location of our cabin for my sickness, should I ask to move or hope that we are okay!
Tracey
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Singapore
2,768 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Thanks so much for this Joe, by the way I am now starting to stress a bit about the location of our cabin for my sickness, should I ask to move or hope that we are okay!
Tracey

Hmmm... the ship is over 130k tonnage. Big even among cruise ships. Should be fairly stable. Unless you get sea sick easily, I do not think it will be a problem.

Mary Etta & Susan (aka ntbb) took deck 12 as well on the Magic in a Med cruise last year. You can't get a better proxy than that. So they will be the best persons to advise you on this.

I love sea sports since young so it never bothers me. In any case, these things are subjective and also weather dependent.

I think you should stick to your booking, as deck 12 will have your spa facilities and smoke free environment, and prepare sea sick pills just in case.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

Singapore
2,768 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Wow... there appears to be another round of price increases by Carnival today.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

Texas
155 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Tracey
I saw your message but it is hard to respond on my phone as that website is blocked at work...I am not prone to being sea sick but can't imagine the upper decks would make a lot of difference - we were so fortunate to have beautiful weather on our trip this past May - it was often hard to tell we were at even at sea. I was on deck 11 on the Conquest last year and the water was a bit rough and never bothered me on the that deck either. I really think you will enjoy deck 12...if you think it may be a problem just bring something for sea sickness. I will meet you at the Thessotherapy Pool, it is quite a treat after a long day of walking!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

here is link to roll call for Aug 2, 2010 - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1787451

Mary Etta
Dallas, Texas
292 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by Cruisertommyboy
Hi All

Jen, we got a suite for a couple of reasons. First, being midship. Karen is prone to motion sickness and being in the middle of the ship, we have not had an issue previously. We were in an aft cabin on our cruise to Alaska this past June and motion sickness was an issue. Of course it was pretty rough but still. Second, in a suite you have VIP boarding. Since we haven't made Platinum status yet, it is a nice option. I don't think it will be much of an issue this cruise because we are planning at being at the dock around 10 am. Finally, the suites have a jacuzzi tub. It's a nice option if you are so inclined.

We, in the past, have not been the most frugal of packers when it comes to cruising but with the cost of baggage fees, we are going to get by (meaning me) with the minimum. Plus, we won't have far to go to get to our hotel in Venice, but I wouldn't want to be hauling a lot of bags around Venice. Plus, from what I have heard sometimes the cabs will not only have a standard fare but will also charge by the bag.

Just my 2 cents

Tom
We got a suite for the same reasons. We like spending some free time in our room and the suite is nice for that. Also, the VIP Boarding helps too. We usually arrive during high boarding times. This really helps getting on and off the ship. Also, I like to SPREAD OUT and use ALL the drawers. Therefore, we usually get a suite.

Funny thing is that My hubby has only been in a suite. So, when we booked a Balcony on the Allure of the Seas he was in shock!! (I Laughed for the longest amount of time. He was truly funny!! I think he figured out the difference. Needless to say, his preference is a suite.

Also, I just saw an article that Carnival gratitues are going up to $11.50 per day. I don't think it'll be a big deal and I was expecting some additional costs before the cruise.

Anyway, welcome to the roll call and have a great day everyone!!

Regina
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
- Princess - Island Princess to Alaska (August 2017)

Past Cruises:
- Royal Caribbean - Harmony of the Seas (12/10/2016), Norweign Getaway (9/2016), Royal Carribean - Anthem of the Seas (12/2015), Quantum of the Seas (11/2014), Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Magic (October 2013), Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Breeze (US Inaugural) (11/22/2012),
- Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Breeze (European Inaugural) (6/3/2012), Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Splendor (12/18/11), Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Dream (3/5/11), Royal Carribean - Allure of the Seas (1/2/11) - , Princess Cruise Line - Carribean Princess (3/21/10) - , Norweign Cruise Line - Norweign Jewel (11/13/09) - , Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Freedom (8/23/09) - , Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Destiny (10/6/08) , Carnival Cruise Line - Ecstasy - Married on Board (8/25/07)
Princess Cruise Line - Golden Princess (11/12/05), Carnival Cruise Line - Imagination (11/13/04)

Dallas, Texas
292 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by jmgsearch
My husband I just got married on 10/7/12 and we are taking a delayed honeymoon and will be indulging in our dream honeymoon (of a lifetime!) during this 12 Night Cruise. I have never cruised before and Nick has taken a short 4 Night Carnival Bahama cruise in his distant past. This will be our first time to Europe. I would love to meet other people and gain invaluable information on flights, hotels, tours/excursions, etc. We did a honeymoon Carnival registry and will be 'officially' booking our cruise this next week.

I have favorited* this page and look forward to meeting others over the next several months!

Jen & Nick
Phoenix, AZ
My husband and I are considered newly married. (It's only 4 years). So, we would be glad to couple up with you. We've cruised before but never in Europe. Sign into the website and let us know if you're interested. We have a member photo posted.

Regards,
Regina
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
- Princess - Island Princess to Alaska (August 2017)

Past Cruises:
- Royal Caribbean - Harmony of the Seas (12/10/2016), Norweign Getaway (9/2016), Royal Carribean - Anthem of the Seas (12/2015), Quantum of the Seas (11/2014), Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Magic (October 2013), Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Breeze (US Inaugural) (11/22/2012),
- Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Breeze (European Inaugural) (6/3/2012), Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Splendor (12/18/11), Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Dream (3/5/11), Royal Carribean - Allure of the Seas (1/2/11) - , Princess Cruise Line - Carribean Princess (3/21/10) - , Norweign Cruise Line - Norweign Jewel (11/13/09) - , Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Freedom (8/23/09) - , Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Destiny (10/6/08) , Carnival Cruise Line - Ecstasy - Married on Board (8/25/07)
Princess Cruise Line - Golden Princess (11/12/05), Carnival Cruise Line - Imagination (11/13/04)

Rosedale, NY
1,904 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by UniqueNTexas
Also, I just saw an article that Carnival gratitues are going up to $11.50 per day. I don't think it'll be a big deal and I was expecting some additional costs before the cruise.
I just got an email from Carnival confirming that gratuities has gone up from $10 to $11.50 on sailings after December 2011. It also says that guests who have pre-paid their gratuities will not be affected by this change.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CARNIVAL LEGEND - July 2013 (London, Denmark, Berlin, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Amsterdamn)
CARNIVAL SPLENDOR - March 2013 (Orlando, Nassau, Freeport)
CARNIVAL BREEZE - June 2012 (Venice, Dubrovnik, Athens, Izmir, Sicily, Sardinia, Rome, Livorno, Monaco, France, Barcelona)
NORWEGIAN PEARL - September 2011 (Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria)
ROYAL CARIBBEAN OASIS OF THE SEAS - October 2010 (Haiti, Costa Maya, Cozumel)
CARNIVAL LIBERTY- August 2010 (Half Moon Cay, San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk)
CARNIVAL DREAM - October 2009 (Rome, Naples, Croatia, Venice, Sicily, Monaco, Barcelona, Florence)
NORWEGIAN SKY - August 2009 (Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay)
DISNEY WONDER - February 2009 (Nassau, Castaway Cay)
ROYAL CARIBBEAN GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS - April 2008 (San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola, St. Maarteen, Bermuda)
CARNIVAL GLORY - September 2007 (Mexico, Honduras, Belize, Bahamas)
CARNIVAL ELATION - August 2006 (Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas, Nassau)
CARNIVAL PARADISE - May 2002 (San Juan, St. Thomas, Nassau)
New York
233 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Hmmm... the ship is over 130k tonnage. Big even among cruise ships. Should be fairly stable. Unless you get sea sick easily, I do not think it will be a problem.

Mary Etta & Susan (aka ntbb) took deck 12 as well on the Magic in a Med cruise last year. You can't get a better proxy than that. So they will be the best persons to advise you on this.

I love sea sports since young so it never bothers me. In any case, these things are subjective and also weather dependent.

I think you should stick to your booking, as deck 12 will have your spa facilities and smoke free environment, and prepare sea sick pills just in case.
I was on the May 22nd sailing of the Magic. When we left Messina we had really rough seas. I am normally not prone to sea sickness but there was a great deal of people that did become ill. The one place on the Magic several people found some relief was deck 11 the open area of the pool. You could see the swells from sitting on the deck and looking aft.

FYI those chairs are super comfortable, and they provided blankets to keep warm. Spent several nights watching movies in those chairs. Oh and Carnival also provided free popcorn during the movies.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ruth
Alberta, Canada
1,568 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Wow... there appears to be another round of price increases by Carnival today.

Yes, the cruise must be selling well. Sure glad we booked early!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Judy

Past Cruises:
Carnival Liberty December/07 (Nassau, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios) Carnival Liberty Review
Carnival Miracle November/08 (Panama, Belize, Costa Rica) Carnival Miracle Review
HAL Zuiderdam September/11 (Alaska) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1498415
Carnival Victory January/12 (Barbados, St Thomas, St Lucia, St Maarten, St Kitts)
Carnival Breeze Inaugural June/12 (Croatia, Turkey, Italy, Monte Carlo, Barcelona)
FortMyers
24 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Just a "Heads Up" to anyone booked through Carnival for their air to Venice -I was able to book a pre hotel thru Carnival today for a two night stay at Hotel Bonvecchiati. This will include a tranfer from airport to hotel on day of arrival and then a tranfer from hotel to ship on day of cruise. I was told that they only have a few rooms left to book for this offer. Price is not excatly "cheap" but since is our first time to Europe we are going this route to be sure we arrive at hotel and ship with out alot of effort upon our part. Know this probably doesn't interest many of you but thought there may be someone who may want to look into this before offer is gone if Carnival is telling truth about limited rooms.
1,708 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by yank268
I was on the May 22nd sailing of the Magic. When we left Messina we had really rough seas. I am normally not prone to sea sickness but there was a great deal of people that did become ill. The one place on the Magic several people found some relief was deck 11 the open area of the pool. You could see the swells from sitting on the deck and looking aft.
Hi, Ruth, we took Carnival Freedom in 2007 from Messina to Barcelona and did hit lots of wave action, no surprise given oven sea. However, in this case, we are sailing fairly close to the coast of Italy after Messina. My experience in the eastern Med is pretty smooth sailing -- which I hope for this trip too!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Norwegian Jewel, Feb. 2017, Panama Canal, Miami to LA
Ocean Princess, Feb. 2015, Tahiti, Bora Bora, Huahine, Rangiroa, & Moorea,
Celebrity Summit, Oct. 2014, St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, St. Thomas, San Juan.
Celebrity Infinity, Feb. 2014, Antarctica (!) with side trip to Brazil
Norwegian Star, Sept. 2013, St. Petersburg and Scandanavia with side trip to Iceland
Norwegian Epic, May 2012: Barcelona, Naples, Rome, Florence (Cinque Terra), Cannes, Marseille (Provence)
Holland America Westerdam, Sept. 2011: Vancouver & San Diego
Celebrity Infinity, Jan. 2011: South America - Santiago-ValParaiso-Puerto Montt-Punta Arenas; Buenos Aires-Ushuaia-Puerto Madryn & Punta del Este-Montevideo
Coral Princess, Aug. 2010: Alaska Southbound
Norwegian Pride of America, April 2010: Hawaiian Islands
Norwegian Jade, Oct. 2009: Greece, Turkey & Egypt
Carnival Valor, Mar. 2009: Belize, Honduras, Cozumel & Grand Cayman
Carnival Splendor, July 2008: Italy (Genoa-Portofino), Monaco, Barcelona, Lisbon, Brittany & Dover
Carnival Freedom, Sept. 2007: Rome, Naples, Venice, Dubrovnik, Sicily, Barcelona, Cannes, & Florence
Carnival Spirit, Oct. 2005: Mexican Riviera
Kentucky
1,960 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by SonomaMist
Hi, Ruth, we took Carnival Freedom in 2007 from Messina to Barcelona and did hit lots of wave action, no surprise given oven sea. However, in this case, we are sailing fairly close to the coast of Italy after Messina. My experience in the eastern Med is pretty smooth sailing -- which I hope for this trip too!
On the Carnival Dream in October 2009, it was a little bumpy going from Messina to Barcelona. The worst day and night was trying to go from Barcelona to Monaco......that was the night that even the crew was sick.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tricee (say the word tree then just add a "c" to the end)
[email protected]

Previous Cruises:
Carnival Sensation/Bahamas/December 2007, M/S Holiday/Cozumel/November 2008, Carnival Dream/Western Mediterranean/October 2009, Carnival Legend/Western Caribbean/December 2010, Carnival Fascination/Bahamas/October 2011, Carnival Breeze/Inaugural Mediterranean/June 2012, Carnival Paradise/Western Caribbean 1st B2B/December 2012, Carnival Paradise/Western Caribbean 2nd B2B/December 2012, Carnival Fascination/Bahamas/April 2013, Carnival Dream/Eastern Caribbean/August 2013, Carnival Elation/Mexico/November 2013, Carnival Sunshine/Eastern Caribbean/January 2014, Ruby Princess/British Isles/August 2014, Carnival Sunshine/Southern Caribbean/December 2014, Carnival Dream/Eastern Caribbean/April 2015, Carnival Liberty/Southern Caribbean/August 2015, Carnival Dream/Western Caribbean/November 2015, Carnival Splendor/Eastern Caribbean/February 2016

Future Cruises:
Carnival Miracle/Hawaii/October 2016
New Haven, CT
168 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Originally posted by Sewful
Just a "Heads Up" to anyone booked through Carnival for their air to Venice -.
We've held off on booking our flights - which might have been a mistake. As of this morning it's back up to $1700+ *sigh* lol

Cant get any worse, can it?

~ Dana ~
Ewing, NJ
2,490 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Hi Everyone!

We would appreciate if you read this post all the way through – thank you in advance!

Many of you know we have been working very hard on fixing the access and performance issues on our message boards. We have determined that very large threads have a huge impact on your ease of access. As this is one of our longest threads, we will be closing this discussion.

I have created a new thread to continue your roll call:

Inaugural Cruise! June 3rd 2012! BREEZE ROLL CALL Pt 2

Don’t forget to subscribe to the new thread to receive notifications (Click on: Thread Tools > Choose: Subscribe to this Thread.)

We appreciate your patience over these past few weeks while we worked on the forums. Although we know that change can be uncomfortable, the good news is that we hope to provide a leaner, faster forum. And that’s a good thing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jenn
Senior Community Support
Contact Us

Submit your cruise review with photos for a chance to win Cruise Critic Logo gear. A prize is awarded weekly.