Any special secrets, ideas, suggestions, experiences, etc., to share as to where is best to feed our interests in history, photography, nature, sampling the people and character of this area, etc.?? Just doing too much of the usual tourist stops/shopping is not our priority and/or interest. Nor, are we as much the "hang at the beach" folks.
Given our limited time here, doing a private tour might not be as much of priority or that available. Or, should that be very important to do in order to see more, lessening the crowds, waiting for folks to unload and load on the bus, etc. Looking forward to the smart sharing of any good, unique ideas. And, love to read any and all key photo tips for this highly-regarded area.
There are several good ship excursion options that we are considering. Here are some of my specific questions:
1. How good and interesting is the Rainforest Aerial Tram with their open-air gondola through the top of the canopy?
2. How good and interesting is doing a river boat on Tarcoles River as a "jungle journey" through the Guacalillo Estuary? Will you see that many crocodiles close and good on this river cruise?
3. Do either or both of these trips allow seeing that many interesting birds?
4. Is Pura Vida Gardens that good and interesting?
5. Is the Doka Estate coffee plantation and tour of the botanical gardens at La Garita that good and interesting?
6. Added recent reactions about Puntarenas's economy, since the port was moved and roads opened to other beaches?
7. Is their capital of San José that good and interesting as a must-see? Worth it to take that time and effort to get there versus the nature options?
8. From which of these locations would I get the best, most unique pictures, etc.?
Am surprised that I cannot seem to find a specific Cruise Critic board for Nicaragua. Am I, a fairly experienced CC board veteran, missing something or looking in the wrong places? Hear that maybe Nicaragua is the Costa Rica of the future?
THANKS for the help! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio
From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:
Now at 43,548 views for these postings.