Inaugural Cruise! June 3rd 2012! BREEZE ROLL CALL Pt 3

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:50 AM.
Indiana
667 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by MaximusCruiser
For a moment.... I thought the moderators ban me from the site because I post too many stupid pictures!!

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Rena.

Even PhD holders are weighing their batteries to gauge energy levels.

You are in good company.
Ha ha!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~~Libby~~
3/2005 Carnival Fantasy; 7/2006 Carnival Elation; 6/2012 Carnival Breeze; 12/2012 Carnival Breeze?
Indiana
667 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by TX Tri Girl
ROFL!!! Thanks guys, makes me feel a little better! Can y'all just make sure I get back on the ship in all the ports?
That is my goal too Rena!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~~Libby~~
3/2005 Carnival Fantasy; 7/2006 Carnival Elation; 6/2012 Carnival Breeze; 12/2012 Carnival Breeze?
Austin, TX
630 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by libbyannr
That is my goal too Rena!
Probably my worst fear ever....missing the ship!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rena (Renee)

Carnival Conquest (Western Carib) - 2007
Carnival Conquest (Western Carib) - 2008
Carnival Ecstasy (Supposed to be Mexican Riviera, but turned into Western Carib) - 2009
Carnival Conquest (Western Carib) - 2009
Carinval Conquest (Eastern Carib) - 2010
Marriner Of The Seas (Western Carib) - 2011
Carnival Breeze (Europe BABY!!)- 2012
Carnival Magic (Eastern Carib) - Nov 2012
Carnival Breeze (Carib) - May 2013
Carnival Conquest (Southern Carib) - Nov 2013
Chicagoland, IL
2,260 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by Cashya
Yay part III

Tomorrow is a holiday and because I only work part time from Tuesday to Friday I have a nice long weekend. Therefore I got a lot of things done and free time and good weather (78-82F) just love it.

Yesterday I made a packing list and the first things we only need on cruises are piled in the spare room, oh and the piñata is done

Woo Hoo!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John
Eastern Canada
1,497 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by UncleT
Ouch! That is going to be a long day for you.
I've done stupider things
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Travel Blog: https://tothefullerist.wordpress.com/

Next Up:
NCL Breakaway (05/17) - Bermuda

Past Cruises:
Carnival Vista (09/16) - Greece, Malta, Italy, Spain, France * RCCL Oasis of the Seas (04/16) - Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico * Carnival Breeze (09/15) - Aruba, Curacao, Dominican Republic, and Turks and Caicos * RCCL Jewel of the Seas (02/15) - St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, and St. Kitts * Carnival Sunshine (01/14) - Key West and the Bahamas * Carnival Legend (07/13) - England, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Russia, Estonia, and the Netherlands * Carnival Destiny (01/13) - Bahamas and Turks and Caicos * Carnival Breeze (06/12) - Italy, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Monaco, and Croatia * Carnival Magic (01/12) - Mexico, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands * Caribbean Princess (04/11) - St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Aruba * Carnival Freedom (01/11) - Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and the Bahamas * Carnival Miracle (03/10) - St. Kitts, St. Maarten, and St. Lucia * Carnival Dream (10/09) Italy, Croatia, and Spain * Carnival Freedom (05/09) - Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize * Carnival Legend (01/09) - Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and Cayman Islands
Eastern Canada
1,497 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Probably my worst fear ever....missing the ship!
Where's your sense of adventure?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Next Up:

Past Cruises:
Carnival Vista (09/16) - Greece, Malta, Italy, Spain, France * RCCL Oasis of the Seas (04/16) - Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico * Carnival Breeze (09/15) - Aruba, Curacao, Dominican Republic, and Turks and Caicos * RCCL Jewel of the Seas (02/15) - St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, and St. Kitts * Carnival Sunshine (01/14) - Key West and the Bahamas * Carnival Legend (07/13) - England, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Russia, Estonia, and the Netherlands * Carnival Destiny (01/13) - Bahamas and Turks and Caicos * Carnival Breeze (06/12) - Italy, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Monaco, and Croatia * Carnival Magic (01/12) - Mexico, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands * Caribbean Princess (04/11) - St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Aruba * Carnival Freedom (01/11) - Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and the Bahamas * Carnival Miracle (03/10) - St. Kitts, St. Maarten, and St. Lucia * Carnival Dream (10/09) Italy, Croatia, and Spain * Carnival Freedom (05/09) - Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize * Carnival Legend (01/09) - Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and Cayman Islands
S. California
1,990 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by UncleT
How much are sun transfers taxi charging and what time have you asked to be collected?

Tracey

Hey Tracy try this site
http://www.suntransfers.com/reservation.php?step=1
Tracey: Via Uncle T...

I really cannot remember what I paid, but I think it was less than currently showing on their site..at any rate.. we have used them a couple of times in Barcelona and they are very reliable etc. we are being picked up at 7am..to the airport is about a 20-30 minute ride...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Skyward (Caribbean) February 1980
Carnival Triumph (Caribbean) March 2007
Carnival Splendor (Mexican Riviera) April 2009
Carnival Paradise (4 day Baja) February 2010
Carnival Magic (Mediterranean) June 2011
Carnival Spirit (Mexican Riviera) December 2011
Carnival Breeze Inaugural (Mediterranean) June 3, 2012
Carnival Inspiration (4 day Baja) March 25, 2013
Celebrity Century (Pacific Coastal) April 12, 2014
NCL Spirit (Mediterranean) July 6, 2015
Carnival Miracle (Mexican Riviera) December 19, 2015
Carnival Vista (Mediterranean) June 3, 2016
Carnival Miracle (Christmas Cruise) December 24, 2016

NCL Epic May 27, 2018
Holland America Oosterdam (Mediterranean ) June, 5, 2018
Austin, TX
630 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by agavin
Where's your sense of adventure?
I'm all for adventure, but those YouTube videos of people running for the ship sure don't look like fun.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rena (Renee)

Carnival Ecstasy (Supposed to be Mexican Riviera, but turned into Western Carib) - 2009
Eastern Canada
1,497 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
I'm all for adventure, but those YouTube videos of people running for the ship sure don't look like fun.
That's true... if I'm going to miss it, I want to really miss it... not just miss it by a little.

Last time, some people missed the ship in Sicily and hired a boat to bring them out to meet the ship... but it meant that we ended up stopping dead in the ocean and waiting for them somehow, instead of passing by Stromboli when we were supposed to ... so I didn't get to see the volcano (I went to dinner lol). Maybe this time
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Next Up:

Past Cruises:
Austin, TX
630 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
That's true... if I'm going to miss it, I want to really miss it... not just miss it by a little.

Last time, some people missed the ship in Sicily and hired a boat to bring them out to meet the ship... but it meant that we ended up stopping dead in the ocean and waiting for them somehow, instead of passing by Stromboli when we were supposed to ... so I didn't get to see the volcano (I went to dinner lol). Maybe this time
That's interesting, I didn't know the ship stopped for people like that. I've always heard that you have to find your own transportation to the next port. Which would suck for us because we only take enough money off the ship to cover what we need that day....which doesn't include transporation to the next port by means other than the cruise ship!

They've gotta know who missing from the ship. They scan us all out and then back in at the end of the day. Not that I think they should wait for people. If you miss the ship, stupid you...you should have planned better. But still...you would think they would at least have a head count of how many are missing. I always thought it would be interesting to go behind the scenes and see how it all works.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rena (Renee)

Eastern Canada
1,497 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
That's interesting, I didn't know the ship stopped for people like that. I've always heard that you have to find your own transportation to the next port. Which would suck for us because we only take enough money off the ship to cover what we need that day....which doesn't include transporation to the next port by means other than the cruise ship!

They've gotta know who missing from the ship. They scan us all out and then back in at the end of the day. Not that I think they should wait for people. If you miss the ship, stupid you...you should have planned better. But still...you would think they would at least have a head count of how many are missing. I always thought it would be interesting to go behind the scenes and see how it all works.
Oh, I'm sure they know... but I don't think one hand knows what the other is doing... one of the people travelling with us last time didn't meet the ship until Venice (which was in the middle last time), and that person informed Carnival in advance that that was what would be happening... and yet the first day they called for her over the intercom for a while, and we told them again... and then again at some of the first ports they did.... so who knows I guess. And I'm sure that person paid somehow for having the ship stop. I was under the same impression as you... you miss it, see you at the next port.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Next Up:

Past Cruises:
34 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Congratulations to all for part iii! Lots of good info! Have guys discussed Travel Insurance options? Was this cover in part 1, 2 or 3?
Austin, TX
630 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by jepa72
Congratulations to all for part iii! Lots of good info! Have guys discussed Travel Insurance options? Was this cover in part 1, 2 or 3?
Yep and I think you will find the responses are vastly different from person to person. Some people always purchase the insurance, and others wing it without it. Personally, we've never purchased trip insurance and thankfully (**knock on wood**) everything has always worked out ok. Just a matter of how much risk you are willing to take I guess.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rena (Renee)

Oklahoma
472 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
ahhh.... They closed our thread! Wow.....part 3......we are some talking fools!!! LOL LOL LOL
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Elation December 2005 ~U22 Outside/6C~ (Galveston) Cozumel, Progresso
Carnival Conquest November 2007 ~1385 Outside/6B~ (Galveston) Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Carnival Miracle June 2008 ~7317 Balcony/8D~ (NY) San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola
Carnival Valor April 2009 ~1046 Balcony/8E~ (Florida) Grand Cayman, Isle Roatan, Belize
Carnival Miracle December 2010 ~7146 Balcony/8D~ (Florida) St. Marteen, St. Lucia, St. Kitts
Oasis of the Seas July 2011 ~9th floor~ (??) Nassau Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
Carnival Breeze June 3 2012 (INAUGURAL CRUISE) ~7270 Suite/OS~ (Venice)Venice, Dubrovnik, Athens, Izmir, Sicily, Sardinia, Rome, Livorno, Monaco, France, Barcelona
Carnival Triumph December 13 -17, 2012 ~ 6266 Balcony/8A~ (Galveston) Cozumel, Progresso 2 day at sea
Carnival Legend July 15-27, 2013 ~8192 Balcony/8F~ (Dover, England) Denmark, Germany, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Netherlands, England, Sweden
Carnival Triumph November 14-18 2013 ~6266 Balcony/8A~ (Galveston) ~ Cozumel
Carnival Triumph December 12-16 2013 (Galveston) ~ Cozumel
Carnival Miracle September 18-October 4, 2014 (Vancouver, BC, Canada) ~ Hawaiian Islands
Carnival Freedom February 2-14, 2015 (Ft. Lauderdale) ~ St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Curacao, Aruba, Cozumel, Galveston
Carnival Glory October 31-Nov. 14, 2015 (Miami)~Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
Carnival Liberty June 23-27, 2016 (Galveston)~1043~Cozumel
Carnival Vista September 13-23, 2016 ~8256~(Athens)~Athens, Rhodes, Valleta, Messina, Naples, Rome, Livorno, Marseilles, Barcelona
Carnival Valor January 2-5, 2017 (Galveston)~2445~Cozumel
*Future Carnival Sunshine May 5-15, 2017 (Charleston, SC)~Charleston, St. Thomas, Antigua, Martinique, St. Kitts, San Juan
*Future Horizon May 9-24, 2018(Barcelona-New York)

Austin, TX
630 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by BarryandJacquelyn
ahhh.... They closed our thread! Wow.....part 3......we are some talking fools!!! LOL LOL LOL
We're all going to be so quite on the ship!! It will have all been "said in the thread!" ROFL!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rena (Renee)

California
4,620 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
SO we finally forced them to create a part 3
I kept trying to figure out why the reply buttons were gone!
gotta go back and finish the last 3 pages
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Travln_isa
UPCOMING

SAILED
RCCL Jewel of the Seas - Feb '15 So Caribbean~ Carnival Imagination - December '14 - Baja Mexico~Carnival Breeze - Nov '14 - Caribbean~Carnival Imagination - April '14 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Imagination - February '14 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Sunshine - Jan '14 - Caribbean~ Carnival Inspiration - December '13 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Legend - July '13 - Baltics ~ Carnival Breeze - March '13 - Eastern Caribbean ~Carnival Inspiration - December '12 ~ Carnival Breeze - July '12 - Grand Mediterranean (Inaugural)~ NCL EPIC - '11 -Western Caribbean~ NCL Pride of America - '03 - Hawaiian Islands ~ RCCL - '96 Baja ~ SS Azure Seas - '87 Baja Mexico
California
4,620 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by Prairie_Gal
I guess 11,222 was their breaking point.

I blurted out to some friends this weekend that there were still cabins available on the ship, and they could come with us if they wanted. Not sure why I said it, because I sure don't want to have to re-schedule excursions, etc. Ugh! Why don't I think before I open my big mouth. I'm pretty sure they won't decide to join us. fingers crossed.
LOL, be careful what you ask for......
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Travln_isa
UPCOMING

SAILED
RCCL Jewel of the Seas - Feb '15 So Caribbean~ Carnival Imagination - December '14 - Baja Mexico~Carnival Breeze - Nov '14 - Caribbean~Carnival Imagination - April '14 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Imagination - February '14 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Sunshine - Jan '14 - Caribbean~ Carnival Inspiration - December '13 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Legend - July '13 - Baltics ~ Carnival Breeze - March '13 - Eastern Caribbean ~Carnival Inspiration - December '12 ~ Carnival Breeze - July '12 - Grand Mediterranean (Inaugural)~ NCL EPIC - '11 -Western Caribbean~ NCL Pride of America - '03 - Hawaiian Islands ~ RCCL - '96 Baja ~ SS Azure Seas - '87 Baja Mexico
California
4,620 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
This is likely much smarter than my approach of getting home late Sunday night and having to be in the office 6 hours later... but in my defence, Air Canada did muck with my flights after the fact... I was supposed to have 11 hours before coming back to work
Ange, you are a real trooper! not sure i could pull that off!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Travln_isa
UPCOMING

SAILED
California
4,620 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by Cashya
Yay part III

Tomorrow is a holiday and because I only work part time from Tuesday to Friday I have a nice long weekend. Therefore I got a lot of things done and free time and good weather (78-82F) just love it.

Yesterday I made a packing list and the first things we only need on cruises are piled in the spare room, oh and the piñata is done
Thank you SOOOO Much for your hard work!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Travln_isa
UPCOMING

SAILED
Austin, TX
630 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by travln_isa
Ange, you are a real trooper! not sure i could pull that off!
Absolutely!! There is no way I would make it. I'm worried about Monday and I have all of Sunday to get myself together!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rena (Renee)