Is anyone booking for 2018 ?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:57 AM.
Windsor, England
197 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
We got married on the QM2 on 8th March 2013 having just left Sydney to circumnavigate New Zealand. It was the best voyage ever - Commodore Christopher Rynd married us and was the captain for the voyage around his native country and gave great insight and commentary to all the passengers.

So, the QM2 is leaving Sydney on 9th March 2018 on a 14 night voyage to Singapore, and I am thinking of booking a 5th anniversay cruise soon as a surprise for my husband.

Just a long flight from the UK to Sydney for somebody who hates flying!
Vale of Glamorgan
3,255 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
What a lovely idea, have a wonderful time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
4,282 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
We've booked the 2018 World Cruise on the Queen Elizabeth. Returning to Japan what sold us on this cruise.

We've done 6 crossings on the QM2, but it will be our first time on the QE.

Ricki
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Central Maryland
16,539 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
I'm heavily booked on Crystal for 2018 with both a full world cruise and a Panama Canal cruise in August that will probably be preceded by Alaska on HAL. I've got my eye on either the October or November eastbound transatlantics.

My usual routine is to go east on QM2 and return on a cruise ship (variety is the spice of life), and will give it a lot more thought once more companies have released their schedules. If nothing pans out I may do my first round trip TA on QM2.

Roy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Index to active Crystal Roll Calls
Limited View Cabins

Currently enjoying:Blount Grand Caribe Islands of New England
Future cruises:

9/25/17 Oosterdam Vancouver to San Diego>>>
10/1/17 Amsterdam Grand Asia San Diego to Hong Kong>>>11/2 Prinsendam Rome-FTL
1/5/18 Crystal Serenity/Symphony World Cruise
7/18/18 Volendam/Westerdam Alaska >>> 8/10/18 Crystal Symphony Panama Canal
11/10/18 Grandeur of the Seas Southern Caribbean
1/4/19 Prinsendam Grand South America
822 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by majortom10
You are very lucky we have to hold our breath and hope on every cruise we book in the UK because even if we cancel week after booking and cruise is still 2 years away we will lose our deposit. At the moment they are doing an offer of 5% deposit but if you cancel you still have to pay and lose the normal 15% deposit.
This is something that makes my blood pressure go up. All that is required by the TA is an email to the ship's company to cancel the cruise, which takes minutes at little cost. I don't know how they justify the 5 % deposit.
I once had a similar problem with a TA when I had to cancel a flight. They reduced the deposit to a reasonable amount.
822 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
[quote=Chelsea1;51190348

Just a long flight from the UK to Sydney for somebody who hates flying![/QUOTE]

Me too! What I once did when I embarked in Sydney were stopovers in Cape Town and Singapore.
822 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
I have not yet booked anything for 2018, since it seems far away, but when I checked my TA's website today I saw that it's already 'limited availability' already now . Unusual for Australia and New Zealand (in my opinion).
Staffordshire
1,815 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by Cats2010
This is something that makes my blood pressure go up. All that is required by the TA is an email to the ship's company to cancel the cruise, which takes minutes at little cost. I don't know how they justify the 5 % deposit.
I once had a similar problem with a TA when I had to cancel a flight. They reduced the deposit to a reasonable amount.
Nothing to do with the TA it is the law in the UK and it doesnt matter whether its a land based holiday or cruise and whether you have booked through a TA or direct. It is not the TA that keeps the deposit its the company you have booked with. So when you cancel a cruise with Cunard and your deposit is refundable in the UK Cunard keep the deposit which in the UK is 15%
Southern California
36,913 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by Host Hattie
Not me but I hope you get what you want.
I've been booked on a 2018 cruise to Alaska out of Los Angeles since July.
822 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by majortom10
Nothing to do with the TA it is the law in the UK and it doesnt matter whether its a land based holiday or cruise and whether you have booked through a TA or direct. It is not the TA that keeps the deposit its the company you have booked with. So when you cancel a cruise with Cunard and your deposit is refundable in the UK Cunard keep the deposit which in the UK is 15%
Might be different in the UK. Normally a contract is concluded between parties that are directly concerned, be it with money or without. Still the fact remains that the amount of the deposit seems too high compared to the administrative action required to cancel a contract - at least for me.
christchurch new zealand
65 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Hi Lanky Lad can you explain how the Future cruise deposit works,I have seen it mentioned before and decided I need to know more about it. Thanx Allison
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
birmingham
4 Posts
Joined Sep 2016
We've booked on the QV Jan 18 round South America (75 nights!!) Looking towards retirement and this seemed a good idea to test the waters to see if we're there yet. I'm thinking it will be here before we know it...
New York
96 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Just informed school I plan I'm taking sabbatical next year. Looking at doing some interesting cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kerry & Mark
NYC

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
216 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
We booked QE from San Francisco to Sydney for Feb 2018 whilst on board QV in the Mediterranean this August. We were able to book one of the Q6 suites across the back which have been unavailable on our previous QV & QE cruises. We have also booked a Swan Hellenic cruise from Rome to Portsmouth for April 2018. We like to organise our trips
well in advance.
Weston, CT
1,987 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
I am sorely tempted, but am waiting until we are onboard the QM2 next month to book. It appears that there are a few categories already sold out which makes me a little anxious but I am still waiting.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cate

Next Up:

Disney Family Cruise August 19, 2017
Norwegian Breakaway Caribbean February 2, 2018
Norwegian Escape Bermuda Family Cruise August 12, 2018
UK
518 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Booked M838C from Southampton to Hamburg to Southampton, 4 nights on Queen Mary 2 - good price too !!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
49 Nights at Sea, 13 Countries, 6 Cruises, 4 Ships...
Harlow Essex 15 Miles from London
98 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Have booked Queen Vic 75 night South American cruise for 2018. Normally book late but is a retirement present for both of us. Got cabin we wanted pre paid gratuities and 900 dollars OBC. Now looking for Dubai winter cruise.
Wirral
5 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Have been lurking this board for a while and what a mine of information it is but this is my first post

Have booked QM2 Sydney to Sydney (Cunard fare) and wanted a sheltered balcony Port side on deck 5 surprised that there is no availability this far out.
Compromised by reserving one on deck 4.
What are the chances and when we will be able to change our cabin to one on deck 5.
Wigan, Lancashire
248 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
I'm with Lanky Lad on this. We have a 2018 cruise in mind but we'll be not be booking it until we're on board the QE in September next year due to the sort of deal that we'll get.

When we were on board the QE in September we looked at the cruise that we wanted for next September and were offered a fantastic deal on OBC and a fair deal on the price. Before we confirmed with the on board Future Cruise people we contacted our TA who advised that we should snatch their hand off with regards to the OBC and that if we put the booking through him he would then offer a generous discount on the price. This we did and got the best of both Worlds, a great OBC deal from Future Cruises and a good discount off the fare from our TA.

Hence, we won't be doing anything until we're on board next September just as Lanky Lad is doing.

David
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Alaska - Regal Princess - May 1999
Baltic - Crown Princess - May 2004
Mediterranean - Sea Princess - 2006
Canada & New England - Grand Princess - October 2008
Fjords & North Cape - Grand Princess - May 2011
Mediterranean - Queen Victoria - October 2011
Europe, Arts & Craft Cruise - Ocean Countess - May 2012
Fjords & Waterfalls - Queen Victoria - June 2012
Azores & Canary Islands - Celebrity Eclipse - Oct 2012