USB on TV for playing movies on Majestic Princess.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:58 AM.
37 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Hi, anybody been on Majestic Princess and know if you can play your movies on the TV in your stateroom that you bring on your USB please?

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Las Vegas, NV
786 Posts
Joined Apr 2013

On the majestic now. You can plug it in on the side but there is no way to change the input as the remote is basic. I felt around for buttons on tv, nothing.

Sent from my iPhone
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
4,449 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by anthonyy7

On the majestic now. You can plug it in on the side but there is no way to change the input as the remote is basic. I felt around for buttons on tv, nothing.

Sent from my iPhone
It appears as though they're setup the same as the Regal and Royal. The connection at the bottom looks to be their HDMI connection. If you remove their cable, you can substitute your HDMI cable and there's not need to try & change the TV's input. Of course you'll have to go through this swap each time you want to view your movies.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
s600/781/67/85
15 - 25 - 30
Thousand Oaks, California
3,920 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Are there kettles (hot water) in the rooms? I ask because once the Sapphire relocated to Asia, they put hot water kettles in each room. They were so handy for making tea, hot chocolate, and instant coffee.

Thanks for any info, have a lovely cruise.
Amelia
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Amelia
Contact Me

“Practicing the Law of Giving is actually very simple; if you want joy, give joy to others; if you want love, learn to give love; if you want attention and appreciation, learn to give attention and appreciation; if you want material affluence, help others to become materially affluent. In fact, the easiest way to get what you want is to help others get what they want.” ~ Deepak Chopra
1 Posts
Joined Sep 2016
I'm on board the ship now-- the HDMI port is definitely there.

Unfortunately, the manual control button on TV itself has been completely disabled-- the only thing that does anything is the remote. Therefore, it's impossible to change the input.

It's a Samsung TV. On other boards, folks say that if you bring a Samsung remote from home, you may be able to change the input via your home Samsung remote. I don't have one on me so I'm in no position to try. Hope this helps someone!
Australia
1,125 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
With the new movie program Princess has I wonder why you'd want to bring movies from home? Unless you mean movies you make each day on your cruise. Princess has new release movies now and heaps of selections across all categories, more than most long distance flights! We watched all the top movies from the Oscars (LaLa Land, Moonlighting, Lion, etc) within weeks of the award ceremony!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ships sailed Celebrity Reflection; Coral, Dawn, Diamond, Golden, Island, Sun Princess; RCCL Oasis of the Seas
Regions visited Alaska, Australia, Asia, Caribbean, Central America, West Coast USA, Eastern Mediterranean, Panama Canal, Papua New Guinea, South America, South Pacific.
Coming up Baltic, India

sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
4,449 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by hobbydad

Unfortunately, the manual control button on TV itself has been completely disabled-- the only thing that does anything is the remote. Therefore, it's impossible to change the input.

It's a Samsung TV. On other boards, folks say that if you bring a Samsung remote from home, you may be able to change the input via your home Samsung remote. I don't have one on me so I'm in no position to try. Hope this helps someone!
The only option is to unplug their cable & utilize their HDMI input for your device.
Originally posted by wishfulone
With the new movie program Princess has I wonder why you'd want to bring movies from home? Unless you mean movies you make each day on your cruise. Princess has new release movies now and heaps of selections across all categories, more than most long distance flights! We watched all the top movies from the Oscars (LaLa Land, Moonlighting, Lion, etc) within weeks of the award ceremony!
I bring many movies that Princess would never think of showing due to content. Their versions also don't include subtitles which can make it better for viewing early mornings what I have to keep the volume down.

I do agree that they do have a large selection for everyone.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
s600/781/67/85
15 - 25 - 30
5,275 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Many phones (particularly samsung phones) have IR emitters and can use a TV Remote app, and
function as a tv remote.

On Royal, the TV firmware is fixed, so the only thing you can adjust is volume.
If you wish other content, your only choice is to unplug the princess hdmi cable, and plug in your own.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App
San Francisco
3,536 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Here's another question related to the TV on the Majastic Princess. Is there enough space behind the TV to utilize the other electrical socket & is it a standard socket?

Thanks!

Tom😀
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

USS Coral Sea, CVA 43, 1966-1967, 58 months
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
4,449 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by trbarton
Here's another question related to the TV on the Majastic Princess. Is there enough space behind the TV to utilize the other electrical socket & is it a standard socket?

Thanks!

Tom😀
I haven't been on the Majestic but if similar to the Regal or Royal there's no way to use the AC outlet. The TV is so tightly mounted to the wall it's a job just to get you hand behind the TV even slightly.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
s600/781/67/85
15 - 25 - 30
San Francisco
3,536 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by floridalover5623
I haven't been on the Majestic but if similar to the Regal or Royal there's no way to use the AC outlet. The TV is so tightly mounted to the wall it's a job just to get you hand behind the TV even slightly.
Thanks for your reply!

Tom😀
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

USS Coral Sea, CVA 43, 1966-1967, 58 months
Palmdale, Ca
32,733 Posts
Joined Sep 2007

How about a universal remote?

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future: Ruby Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 10/18
Future: Emerald Princess Alaska R/T From from Los Angeles 04/18
Pacific Princess Panama Canal Cruise 05/17 - 17 Days
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/16 - 17 Days **First Princess Elite Cruise**
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/15 - 16 Days
Golden Princess West Coast Getaway 04/15 - 3 Days
Royal Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/13 - 18 Days Inaugural T/A Crossing
Sapphire Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 03/13 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/11 - 18 Days
Golden Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 02/11 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/09 - 18 Days
Diamond Princess AUS/NZ 01/09 - 12 Days
Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08 - 18 Days
Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Alaska Repo 05/05 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02 - 14 Days
RCCL Rhapsody OTS Alaska 09/01 - 7 Days
RCCL Splendour OTS Baltic/Northern Europe 09/99 - 12 Days
HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96 - 7 Days
Carnival Holiday Western Caribbean 07/93 - 7 Days

240 Days At Sea: 167 Days Princess , 42 Days Celebrity. 19 Days RCCL, 7 Days HAL, 7 Days Carnival.....

My Cruise Pictures on Flickr

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread

Omaha, NE
49 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by Woobstr112G
How about a universal remote?

Bob
My experiece on Royal was that the tv was locked in firmware, and the only thing
a remote could do was change the volume.

This was with a samsung tv. There is another brand of tv on royal as well
Maybe vizio?
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
4,449 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by Roberto256
My experiece on Royal was that the tv was locked in firmware, and the only thing
a remote could do was change the volume.

This was with a samsung tv. There is another brand of tv on royal as well
Maybe vizio?
There may be other brands in the PAX rooms but I know for sure they have Viewsonic Model VT4236LED and Samsung. The Viewsonic HDMI input is much easier to disconnect & reuse for your input cable.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
s600/781/67/85
15 - 25 - 30