Sip n' Sail coming back June 20th

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:25 PM.
Central FLA
466 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
How did the OBC in lieu of the drink package compare in $?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Coral Princess 2015 Voyage of the Glaciers
Crown Princess 2011 Western Carribbean
Crown Princess 2009 Eastern Carribbean
Norwegian Sun 2008 Western Carribbean
Golden Princess 2004 Eastern Carribbean
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
657 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by Colo Cruiser
Most likely yes. Was the OBC for anything in particular?
It was a launching OBC from Princess. If you booked a Balcony or Mini Suite.
Texas
1,452 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
In anticipation of the Sip & Sail promotion I made myself a note showing the launch fare that I booked a 14-day cruise at last March and a 14-day & 7-day cruises I booked last month. I also made note of the value of the all inclusive beverage package. ($804.30 for a 14 day cruise, $402.15 for a 7 day cruise.)
When the promo starts I will check the fares charged at that time to see if I would be better off to cancel and rebook under the promo or stick with my existing booking.
Then, just for the heck of it, I checked the fares being charged today for my 3 bookings. The two 14-day bookings fares have gone up by $100 per person and the 7-day booking has gone up $50 per person.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
USS Greenling SSN614
Atlantic Ocean/Barents Sea
Long Island, NY
5,310 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by Thrak
The weird thing about our 28 day in October is that it was listed at the same price as last year but this year included the Sip and Sail. We jumped on it. Of course now it is currently about $200 pp less than our booking price but that price doesn't include the Sip and Sail. On a 28 day cruise the Sip and Sail package for two people comes to a whopping $3,218.20 so I'm not really interested in losing that perk in order to re-fare at the lower rate. (I would never pay that much for drinks but love having it as a perk. )
If you each average $7.25 a day on drinks on a 28 day cruise, which isn't hard to do even drinking soft drinks ,It would cost you $203 each. I wouldn't bat an eye at that price reduction. You struck gold on that booking.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
Chico, California
8,125 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by knbcruisers
How did the OBC in lieu of the drink package compare in $?

I believe it maxed out at $250 per person and you couldn't swap it for one person and keep the AIBP for the other person in the cabin.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

12,526 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Originally posted by HEINER
We are booked on the 49 day South Amercia cruise in 2019. When be booked Princess gave us $1,000.00 OBC
for booking. If they offer the drink package for this cruise would we lose the OBC?
Thanks,
Betty
I think you would because you'd be changing promotions. With your promotion, you should've gotten free gratuities included for that particular cruise along with the $1,000 OBC. Watch pricing once the Sip n' Sail is out and compare the new pricing with the free drinks vs. the free gratuities & $1,000 OBC and the old pricing.

The free gratuities is a valuable perk IMO but if pricing is the same, it depends on whether you will drink more than the daily gratuity, which is probably somewhat easy to do - could be just 2 alcoholic drinks a day and you'd be getting more cluck for your buck.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer - cruise #41 coming up!
Upcoming Cruises:
2017: 2 down, 2 to go: Pacific Princess & Regal Princess
2018: Crown Princess, Emerald Princess & Azamara Quest

2019: Star Princess, Royal Princess & Azamara Journey
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
657 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by DrivesLikeMario
I think you would because you'd be changing promotions. With your promotion, you should've gotten free gratuities included for that particular cruise along with the $1,000 OBC. Watch pricing once the Sip n' Sail is out and compare the new pricing with the free drinks vs. the free gratuities & $1,000 OBC and the old pricing.

The free gratuities is a valuable perk IMO but if pricing is the same, it depends on whether you will drink more than the daily gratuity, which is probably somewhat easy to do - could be just 2 alcoholic drinks a day and you'd be getting more cluck for your buck.
Thanks, for the information!

Yes, we did get free gratuities plus we ending up with $1.600.00 OBC. So not sure the Sip and Sail will work for us this time. We had it last year on the Royal TA which was very nice. Will wait and see what happen!
Coastal North Carolina
6,893 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
I forgot what three for free sale is??

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sunsetbeachgal. Princess Elite Member, HAL *** Mariner
From the Sunny North Carolina Coast

Next: Scenic River Cruises Paris to Nice, Sept., 2017, British Isles, Royal Princess June, 2018

Completed: Regal Princess, Feb 2017, Oasis of the Seas, Nov., 2016, Regal Princess Repo. Oct. 2016, Scenic Cruises Rhine River, June, 2016, Coral Princess Carib., Jan, 2016, HAL Eurodam, N. Europe, June, 2015, Regal Princess Carib., Jan. 2015, HAL Prinsendam, No. Europe, Sept. 2014, Freedom of the Seas, W. Carib, March, 2014, HAL Eurodam, W. Carib. Nov., 2013, Royal Princess Grand Med., July, 2013, Emerald Princess, Carib., Jan. 2013, Sapphire Princess, California Coastal, Oct. 2012, Enchantment of the Seas-Bermuda, Aug. 2012, Freedom of the Seas-Carib., May, 2012, Star Princess, S. Carib. Mar., 2011, Ocean Princess-Greek Isles/Med-Sept., 2010, Crown Princess-W. Carib. March, 2010, Island Princess-Panama Canal, Nov. 2009, Emerald Princess S. Carib., Jan. 2009, Coral Princess-Alaska Cruisetour-June, 2008, Emerald Princess-S. Carib.- Jan., 2008, Mariner of the Seas-E. Carib.-January, 2007, Golden Princess-Med/Greek Isles-October, 2006, Star Princess-W. Carib.-January, 2006, Golden Princess-W. Europe/British Isles-June, 2005, HAL Zuiderdam-E. Carib.-Dec. 2003, HAL Volendam-W. Carib.-Dec. 2002. Silversea-Silver Whisper-Med.-May, 2002, Grand Princess-W. Carib.-Oct. 2001, Sea Princess-W. Carib.-Feb, 2000, Carnival Destiny-Canada/N.E.-June, 2000, HAL Maasdam-Baltic/Russia-July, 2000, Grand Princess-Grand Med.-June, 1999 and others...celebrating 35 years of cruising!
California
102 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by sunsetbeachgal
I forgot what three for free sale is??

Last year I think it was 1. Free upgrade on room location. 2. Free gratuities. And 3. Up to $300 on board credit per stateroom.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 - Grand Princess - Alaska
April 20, 2017 - Caribbean Princess - Europe
October 22, 2006 - Mariner of the Seas - Western Caribbean
August 4, 2002 - Grandeur of the Seas - Mexican Riviera
midwest
4,211 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
I love the sip and sail package but after two weeks, I really can't keep up. I usually just drink on weekends at home and maybe a glass of wine couple nights so I usually cut back on the drinks after week one and by week four, I only have two at the most. When it is free, great but I know I would never make it worth the cost if I were paying for it. I am better off just paying for what I drink.
Chico, California
8,125 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by HEINER
We are booked on the 49 day South Amercia cruise in 2019. When be booked Princess gave us $1,000.00 OBC
for booking. If they offer the drink package for this cruise would we lose the OBC?

Thanks,
Betty
Check your personalizer. They also gave you paid gratuities for the cruise.

Yes, you would almost certainly lose the $1,000 OBC and the paid gratuities if changing to a Sip and Sail promo.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

Northern California, US
2,210 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Yayyyy!!! I can do the B2b2b that I booked on$1 deposit day with the sip and sail, and then transfer to our big box TA for OBC. awesome possum
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

April 9, 2010: Celebrity Equinox, Ultimate Caribbean
April 19, 2010: Celebrity Equinox, Transatlantic
March 15-29, 2009: CelebritySolstice, B2B, Eastern Caribbean
June 10-22, 2007: Summit, Alaska Cruisetour
Sept, 2005: Summit, Mexican Riviera
March, 2003: RC Legend of the Seas, Hawaii
Chelsea MA
3,249 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by cruzrbachoua
Yeah I would prefer the 3 for free sale!
I'm with you on this 3 for free is a good deal. I got it on my 14 day cruise in January .
Tony
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

gold coast
139 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
[quote=Sandi07054;53256916]We are booked for Alaska cruise June 2018. I'm so hoping we can add the drink package for free!!!!

are you listening princess australia.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Pittsburgh, PA
1,731 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Originally posted by Coffeeluvr05
I checked old emails and the 3 for free started last year on September 6.
We booked our Royal cruise on this sale last year. I am wondering if it would be too late to book an Oct "17 cruise in Sept. or should I book the Oct. cruise, then rebook when the 3 for free sale comes??? The cabin prices are lower but no real perks. Help would be appreciated!!!
Los Banos, CA USA
4,058 Posts
Joined May 2001
Oh I so wish it was for my Hawaii cruise this year. We had it on our Alaska cruise last summer. It was so nice trying new drinks and not feeling bad if I didn't like it.
That cruise was where I found my love for the Moscow Mule.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises

Carnival Jubilee June 1996
Voyager of the Seas June 2001
Sea Princess January 2002
Carnival Elation June 2002
Carnival Pride December 2003
Monarch of the Seas March 2004
Carnival Liberty December 2005
Regal Princess June 2006
Dawn Princess November 2007