Sip n' Sail coming back June 20th

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:22 PM.
California
102 Posts
Joined May 2016
A little off topic, but some of you veterans of cruising...I would love to know how you are able to get what seem to be better deals that I've seen on the Princess site. It looks like some of you book with one deal and then transfer booking to TA and get additional perks. I'd also love to know your secrets to cruising as often as you seem to for those that are not retired.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 - Grand Princess - Alaska
April 20, 2017 - Caribbean Princess - Europe
October 22, 2006 - Mariner of the Seas - Western Caribbean
August 4, 2002 - Grandeur of the Seas - Mexican Riviera
Chico, California
8,125 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by Duffysmom
Is the "sip and sail" and "three for free" restricted to balcony and above? Thanks
I don't know about the 3 for Free as I've never booked under that promo but the Sip and Sail has definitely been restricted to balcony and above.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

Chico, California
8,125 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by Coffeeluvr05
A little off topic, but some of you veterans of cruising...I would love to know how you are able to get what seem to be better deals that I've seen on the Princess site. It looks like some of you book with one deal and then transfer booking to TA and get additional perks. I'd also love to know your secrets to cruising as often as you seem to for those that are not retired.
A TA can discount fares but can not advertise the fact. One must actually contact the TA for info. Some will discount the fare. Others offer a lot of OBC. Some don't offer anything at all and you pay the same fare and get the same perks that are offered by Princess.

If you are looking for a discounted fare upfront then go with a traditional TA who discounts. (Ask fellow cruisers onboard for info as one is not allowed to give the name of a TA here.) If you are looking more for OBC check with a non-traditional TA. I know many refer to them "fairly" indirectly but I will refrain from doing so as I believe you can either figure it out of someone else will mention them. Alternately you could do a search here and probably find a mention.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

9,185 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by OCruisers
So HOPE there will be a "Sip & Sail" promo on June 20th.
Me too! I already have our Royal Princess booked for Dec 2018 but will get the Sip&Sail attached in a heartbeat if offered. last time our price did not even go up. And if it goes up a little, still way less than the cost of 2 bev pkgs. So will be on the website first thing on the 20th! Hopefully they offer it on the Medallion cruises. I could care less about the Medallion stuff, but the cruise I booked just happens to be one of those.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
84 Royal Caribbean Cruises, 6 Princess Cruises, 4 Celebrity Cruises, 1 NCL cruise
Land Vac-March 1997-Sandals Ocho Rios, St Maarteen-Apr 2005, Antigua-Apr 2006, Punta Cana-Apr 2008, STT-Apr 2009, Punta Cana-June 2012, Playa del Carmen-Oct 2013, Punta Cana-Apr 2014, Punta Cana-May 2015, Puerto Rico-Sept 2015, Punta Cana-April 2016, Puerto Rico-June 2016, Punta Cana-May 2017

10 Additional Royal Cruises booked through Oct 2018, 2 Celebrity booked through 2019, Princess booked for Nov 2017 and December 2018, and and many 3/4 night cruises to be taken in between

Diamond Plus Member

Canada
13 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Last year we booked the Sip & Sale for our Majestic 14day cruise last month, but later changed that to 3 for free when that came out last fall. Found that a better deal. But still will go for the Sip & Sale (if it comes out) as you never know if the 3 for free will be offered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
California
102 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by Thrak
A TA can discount fares but can not advertise the fact. One must actually contact the TA for info. Some will discount the fare. Others offer a lot of OBC. Some don't offer anything at all and you pay the same fare and get the same perks that are offered by Princess.

If you are looking for a discounted fare upfront then go with a traditional TA who discounts. (Ask fellow cruisers onboard for info as one is not allowed to give the name of a TA here.) If you are looking more for OBC check with a non-traditional TA. I know many refer to them "fairly" indirectly but I will refrain from doing so as I believe you can either figure it out of someone else will mention them. Alternately you could do a search here and probably find a mention.
I definitely don't want anyone to break any rules. What is a traditional vs. non-traditional TA? Our most recent booking we did through a warehouse membership store's travel service and it got us a small amount of OBC that shows up now, but the larger portion won't be credited until we actually are on board the ship. So it prevents us from using it to pay for excursions. We had the sip & sail promo on our last cruise and it was great for me, but my husband doesn't drink coffee or alcohol (crazy, right!?! lol) so even though we weren't paying for it, it seems like we could have done better. I figure we will do the sip & sail and just watch for any better promos until the final payment deadline.

My biggest problem is that I have the travel bug after our last trip and retirement is pretty far off for us!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 - Grand Princess - Alaska
April 20, 2017 - Caribbean Princess - Europe
October 22, 2006 - Mariner of the Seas - Western Caribbean
August 4, 2002 - Grandeur of the Seas - Mexican Riviera
MotorHome Fulltime Western US
434 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
I was able to convert a booking for our March 2018 28 day cruise that was made May 2016 to the Sip And Sail promo, with no price change adding Sip And Sail. At the time (August 2016), the price of this cruise was less than the October 2017 Emerald and October 2016 Crown sailings. Whether they'll do it that this summer is always a guess.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-- Warren and Marla
Home is where we park it!

Recent:
Coral Princess Northbound 13 May 2017
Coral Princess Southbound 20 May 2017
Emerald Princess Inside w/Tracy Arm 28 May 2017

Upcoming:
Ruby Princess Catalina 25 Nov 2017
Ruby Princess Sea of Cortez 29 Nov 2017
Emerald Princess Hawai'i/Samoa/Tahiti R/T LA 30 Mar 2018
San Francisco Bay Area
6,241 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Is the "sip and sail" and "three for free" restricted to balcony and above? Thanks
In the past, the Sip and Sail was only available for a balcony cabin and above but the 3 for free is for any cabin category.... I used it in an oceanview in the past.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Raider
Southern Cal/Maui No Ka Oi
17,829 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Yes for S&S; any category for 3 for Free.

That's why I'll again wait until September & add 3 For Free to my 2018 cruise just like I did last September for my Fall 2017 cruise. Free gratuities & OBC total over $700 & are better for us than the S&S offer.
2,494 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
I always get excited about this sale but then never end up using it because the prices are so much higher. I'm dreaming of that perfect price with the Sip N Sail!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising through life one ship at a time
12,526 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Yes - me too. I often find the fares with the 3-for-Free are better than the Sip n' Sail fares but that's just for my particular cruises.

The way some of you are doing it is best: check prices before a sale, then after, then add in the value of all the perks and THEN decide which was is better for your particular situation.

I never drink enough alcohol to pay for the Sip n' Sail, but I do in water bottles. That's what's so nice about Princess' drink packages - they include water bottles, soft drinks, and so much more.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer - cruise #41 coming up!
Upcoming Cruises:
2017: 2 down, 2 to go: Pacific Princess & Regal Princess
2018: Crown Princess, Emerald Princess & Azamara Quest

2019: Star Princess, Royal Princess & Azamara Journey
17,829 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
I found a PDF flyer of the S&S offer with some sample prices for balcony & minisuite cabins with some terms & conditions.

All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $57.45 (USD) per guest, per day. A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply.

Please refer to princess.com for full terms, conditions and defnitions that apply to all bookings.

Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer.

Fares quoted in U.S. dollars.

Specialty Dining offer valid: June 20 – July 5, 2017

Sip + Sail offer valid: June 20 – August 31, 2017.
Reference promotion code: N6- Offer expires: 8/31/17

USD:
https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesou...e-flyer_US.pdf

CAD:
https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesou...e-flyer_CA.pdf

Our popular sale is back! Whether it’s a tropical cocktail in the Caribbean, a New Grounds cappuccino in South America, a glass of wine in the Mediterranean or a beer in Alaska, drinks complement the cruise experience. With all destinations, summer 2018 - spring 2019 on sale, book your clients now!
  • FREE All-Inclusive Beverage Package when booking a balcony or above‡
  • FREE Unlimited Soda & More Package for additional guests in your stateroom††
  • FREE Specialty Diningwhen booking a mini-suite or suite‡‡ through July 5 only!
Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the Terms and Conditions of this promotion at any time with or without notice to guests. A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply. The Terms and Conditions as published on the Princess Cruises website on the date of sailing will apply.
‡Free All-Inclusive Beverage Package applies to guests booked in a balcony stateroom or above, valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older. The All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $57.45 (US Dollars) per guest, per day and includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine up to $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks, with a pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items. The package includes the additional benefit of a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 (gratuity not included on wine bottles). A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply. Guests 1 & 2 who are under 21 will receive the Unlimited Soda & More Package. Package type will be assigned prior to sailing based on age of guest. In the event that the guest does not want the All-Inclusive Beverage Package, alternative OBC amounts have been designated. Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per guest. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per guest. Guests booking sailings 13 or more days can receive $250 per guest. Mixing and matching the All-Inclusive Beverage Package and OBC is not allowed on the same booking. Both guest 1 & 2 must choose the same amenity. All-Inclusive Beverage Package terms differ on all Sun, Sea and Majestic voyages and Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand. Package is only available on voyages 8 nights and longer. Price is $59 (AUD Australia dollars). All-Inclusive Beverage Package includes all individual beverages priced up to $10 with the exception of voyages in Aust/NZ ($14) and China ($7).

††Free Unlimited Soda & More Package is valid only for guests 3 & 4 per stateroom. The Unlimited Soda & More Package includes tumbler with straw, fountain soda by the glass, Root Beer in the can, malt and thick shakes at the ice cream bars only, hot chocolate, fruit juices and mocktails, with pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items. In the event that a guest does not want the Unlimited Soda & More Package, no substitutions will be offered. Beverage packages are applicable to voyages and cruise fares advertised in this promotion only and are not applicable during the land portion of cruisetours. Beverage packages do not include souvenir items (other than the tumbler for the Unlimited Soda & More Package), room service, vending machine or mini-bar items. Beverage packages may be used on a single voyage only, are not redeemable for cash at any point during the cruise and expire at the end of that voyage. Offer is not transferable, is not combinable with other select offers or other onboard credits and does not follow guests who change promotions prior to cruising.

‡‡Free Specialty Dining voucher is applicable to voyages and cruise fares advertised in this promotion only, valid for guests 1 through 4 in a Mini-Suite or Suite Stateroom, and is not applicable during the land portion of cruisetours. Princess Cruises reserves the right to pre-assign Specialty Dining times and venues. Voucher may be used on a single voyage only, is not redeemable for cash and expires at the end of that voyage. Single stateroom guests will receive ONE specialty dining voucher. Guests 1, 2, 3 & 4 must dine at the same table at the same reserved seating. Offer is not transferable and may not be combinable with other select offers or other onboard credits. Specialty Dining offer is applicable to bookings made in the first two weeks of the sale only, June 20 -July 5, 2017.

* Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories may vary. Fares are per guest, non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Offer has limited space regardless of cabin availability. Other exclusions may apply.

Low deposit of $100 USD per guest made under Sip + Sail is refundable.

Please refer to princess.com/sale for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings.
Specialty Dining offer valid: June 20 - July 5, 2017.
Sip + Sail offer valid: June 20 - August 31, 2017.
Reference promotion code: N6-.
Ottawa, Canada
606 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Excuse my ignorance but what is the 3 for free sale?

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Currently working on our next 200 nights at sea!
17,829 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by Josie2
Excuse my ignorance but what is the 3 for free sale?

Coffeeluvr05 described last year's version but the previous 2 years it was different & around early September we'll hopefully know about another 3 for Free offer.

Originally posted by Coffeeluvr05
Last year I think it was 1. Free upgrade on room location. 2. Free gratuities. And 3. Up to $300 on board credit per stateroom.
Oregon
1,893 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by DrivesLikeMario
Just FYI and I hope I'm not duplicating any other post -

Starting June 20th through August 31st, the Sip n' Sail Promo will be running for cruises from "Summer 2018 through Spring, 2019". I don't have anything more specific than that at this moment. If you book a mini-suite or full suite, you also get one free specialty dinner.
so what exactly is covered under a Sip & Sail promo for suites? pre-paid gratuities? and some SPA things and one free dinner? no OBC?
17,829 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by Buckeye10640
Astro Flyer...thanks for the info. Links are not working for me though??
I'll see if I can figure out another way to post the flyers.

The information I posted had the details & the flyer had only a couple of sample prices.
Oregon
1,893 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by Two_UW_Badgers
There is a sale right now for free gratuities and free ABIP plus a specialty dining certificate. The thread is on this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
sorry but when you said there is a sale right now do you mean the Red White and Blue Sale? I was not aware it covered gratuities?