7/5/17 Regal Princess Baltic Cruise: Weather?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:09 AM.
3 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
We will be on the Regal Princess Baltic cruise, departing Copenhagen. I expect the weather to be in the 70's in most of the port cities (Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Oslo, Helsinki, etc.), but what weather should I expect while we're at sea? We have 3 sea days.
16,433 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
We sailed the Baltics on the Regal on the last week of May 2 yrs ago. It was in the mid 60's on land, and there.was not much difference at sea. Though there were light rain on land during the day, we did not encounter rough sea. Maybe, the weather on land and sea will also be not much different on your July sailing.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app
725 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
We did this cruise last year on the Regal at the end of May beginning of June. There were days where you needed a light jacket and days when it was hot. My boys lived in shorts most of the time.

Who knows what it will be this year. I would bring clothes for when it is hot and then have a thin jacket as well.
157 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
We went around the Baltic on the Regal last July/August. Temperatures were lovely, fairly consistently in the low 70s, and seas were calm. We took light sweaters for mornings and evenings and light rainjackets in the event of rain, but we rarely needed either.
827 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
We did this cruise two years ago in July on the Regal. We spent a couple days before the cruise in Copenhagen. They were in the middle of a heat wave. Temperatures in the 80s. But, things changed quickly. We had rain all day in Oslo and the wind was blowing so hard when we got to Warnemunde that the ship couldn't dock. Then the weather improved and was wonderful for rest the cruise. We were able to sit on our balcony on sea days wearing shorts. It's the Baltics. Any weather is possible.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Prior Cruises
Regal Princess - July 2015 (Scandinavia and Russia)
River Splendor – August 2013 (Budapest to Amsterdam/River Cruise)
Crown Princess – June 2012 (Mediterranean)
Crown Princess - June 2009 (Mediterranean/Europe)
Tahitian Princess - September 2007 (South Pacific)
Grand Princess - June 2006 (Mediterranean)
Sea Princess - April 2000 (Western Caribbean)
Grand Princess - May 1999 (Eastern Caribbean)
HAL Maasdam - October 1998 (Columbia River)
Celebrity Mercury - April 1998 (Western Caribbean)
RCCL Song of America - March 1997 (Mexican Riviera)
Carnival Sensation - March 1996 (Eastern Caribbean)
RCCL Monarch - May 1994 (Southern Caribbean)
NCL Seaward - April 1993 (Western Caribbean)
NCL Westward - April 1992 (Mexican Riviera)
NCL Norway - May 1990 (Eastern Caribbean)
Marysville, WA
65 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Cruised the Baltic in late May 2014 on the Royal. Very warm and sunny. Low 90's in St. P. Not much cooler in other ports. Locals were so happy to see the warm weather so early in the year. Goes to show weather can be a surprise. Be prepared.
44 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Just back from this cruise. Be prepared for any type of weather. For potential cool weather (we were mostly in the 60's with a little rain), bring layers. Not much swimming in the Baltic....

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MoCruising