Itinerary change

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:13 PM.
8 Posts
Joined May 2016
Just received Itinerary change for our 15 day Europe Trans Atlantic cruise in September. Three Ports Rotterdam,
Vigo and the Azores have been eliminated. The ship can not travel at full speed. Two of the previous ports have been replaced, there will now be an additional day at sea. A goodwill gesture will give $100 credit each for any disappointment caused. Has anyone ever experienced this? I feel the compensation should be more than
$100. And the notice was given 1 month before final payment is due. This is our 4th cruise and we have not ever heard of this. Suggestions?
South Florida & Shenandoah Valley, VA
5,251 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by merrilldean
Just received Itinerary change for our 15 day Europe Trans Atlantic cruise in September. Three Ports Rotterdam,
Vigo and the Azores have been eliminated. The ship can not travel at full speed. Two of the previous ports have been replaced, there will now be an additional day at sea. A goodwill gesture will give $100 credit each for any disappointment caused. Has anyone ever experienced this? I feel the compensation should be more than
$100. And the notice was given 1 month before final payment is due. This is our 4th cruise and we have not ever heard of this. Suggestions?
Welcome to cruise critic! This has been a hot topic over the past couple of days. See this thread entitled Technical issues on the Caribbean Princess: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2508793
16,573 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
We are also sailing on the Caribbean Princess before yours. We have not received a similar email on ours. As in ot99her sailings, I won't be surprised if I just get refunded of the port fees on the cancelled port.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app
Sydney, NSW Australia
518 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
We recently did Sydney-Hawaii-Sydney on Sea Princess. A couple of weeks before departure we were informed that Suva would be missed as they needed more time at sea to attend to maintenance on the engines. We were given $100 per passenger for a missed port. Interestingly enough we also missed Bay of Islands because of weather but they didn't give us another $100 for that missed port.
Raleigh, N.C.
11,743 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Since the change came before your final payment date, I think $100 is a generous offer. You could always cancel the cruise. We've had changes in itinerary after the final payment date without any compensation.
527 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Originally posted by joybook
We recently did Sydney-Hawaii-Sydney on Sea Princess. A couple of weeks before departure we were informed that Suva would be missed as they needed more time at sea to attend to maintenance on the engines. We were given $100 per passenger for a missed port. Interestingly enough we also missed Bay of Islands because of weather but they didn't give us another $100 for that missed port.
Itineraries are always subject to change due to weather. It's fairly rare for Princess to give compensation for weather-related changes.
League City, TX
39,625 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by geoherb
Since the change came before your final payment date, I think $100 is a generous offer. You could always cancel the cruise. We've had changes in itinerary after the final payment date without any compensation.
Chances are the poster already has non-refundable airline tickets.

We were on one Princess TA and missed four ports due to weather. We received $250/person OBC to be used on that cruise and 10% of our cruise fare to be used on a future booking.
COLORADO
58,979 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by merrilldean
This has already been posted.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2508793
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member
57 Princess Cruises

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32

Sydney, Australia
7,499 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by joybook
Normally cruise lines don't give any OBC for ports missed due to adverse weather conditions. After all, they can't control the weather.

Missing Suva was an entirely different issue, the cruise line chose to omit this port and that's why you got OBC.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Feb 2017 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney

Nov 2016 - Carnival Legend - South Pacific
Sep 2016 - Sun Princess - Papua New Guinea
Apr 2016 - Golden Princess - Sydney to Hong Kong
Dec 2015 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney
Aug 2015 - Dawn Princess - Top End Fremantle to Sydney
Mar 2015 - Rhapsody of the Seas - South Pacific
Dec 2014 - Sun Princess - South Pacific
Sep 2008 - Avalon Tapestry - Rhine Cruise