CENTURY ENTERTAINMENT

many cruises

We have just booked the Century for July 17, 2004 and we are a little concerned about the entertainment on this ship. How are the main shows and the entertainment in the lounges? We have read that the entertainment is not Celebrity's strong point. If any past Century cruisers can advise we'd appreciate it.

Many Cruises

When we were on the Century in March;we found the entertainment to excellent!The pool band Vibz played also in the Crystal lounge at night.The Century singers and dancers were incredible especially during the rough sea nights.Also we had three outstanding comedians on board during our sailing.One of them bring the ladder guy and another Louis Johnson who were hilarious.The sound effect comedian was leaving the ship back on March 27th to perform in Las Vegas.But I believe the enertainment will be changing soon if it hasn't already.CLSmith

We will also be on the July 17th sailing. I know that Celebrity recently signed an agreement with Cirque De Soleil (sp?). Anyone know when they will begin implementation?

Song of Norway 4/88

Horizon 4/01

Millennium 4/03

Century 7/04

Thank you CLSmith for the entertainment information-your answer is greatly appreciated!

Hello pbk917. Welcome to the July 17th. sailing of the Century. My husband read that Celebrity's

agreement with Cirque De Soleil will begin next year. This is our first cruise on Celebrity and we are looking forward to it.

Many Cruises

I thought the shows were pretty bad, but that is the business that I'm in. The band on the other hand was good, as was The Ladder Guy- if he is still there.

Suzanne

Oceanic '82

Oceanic '83

Century '01

Century '03

Millennium '03

Island Princess '04

Thanksgiving on the Millie '04

Michael James, the ladder guy, is still there, at least he was a couple of weeks ago. He is AWESOME, not to be missed. I thought the other entertainment in the main theater was ok to good. The other commedian was good on both my Century cruises. The "Vegas" style shows were ok, not bad but not great. I thought the dancers were really good. We have had 2 wonderful cruises on Century with another scheduled for September.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Ditto on "the ladder guy" being a show not to be missed. He is extremely funny and loves working the crowd. On our cruise he had a 70 year old lady on his shoulders as he wheeled around on a unicycle.

He has been on the Century forever. I have ship dailies going back two years and he was a featured performer in almost every cruise that I have access to.

I just got off of the century on May 1. The entertainment was to say very disappointing. The ladder guy was funny, but is more of a circus entertainer than a comedian. The shows put on by the ships dancers and singers were terrible. My wife and I walked out on the Vegas show as did several others.

The band VIBZ was good, and they do play in several areas of the ship.

Please see for yourself as your tastes might be different.

Interesting comments: I was on the Century on 9/27/03. Thought the entertainment was so so. I too had the opinion that entertainment simply isn't Celebrity's claim to fame. We were just on the 4/18 Mercury and the entertainment was really good. I was talking to one of the dancers and mentioned I was pleasantly surprised from what I remembered on the Century. He told me they now have a new production company (I think that's the term he used)and the shows on all the ships are much better now.

I do believe though that it is impossible for the vast majority to come to a consences as to the entertainment on any ship. We all come from such varried backgrounds, and what is a great show to one, will be the pits to someone else.

Sharon

Hello fellow July 17th sailors,

I have been on the Century 4 times and have loved each sailing. I have been on several M-Class and I keep coming back to the Century. The entertainment has always been just good. I think that you should give the shows a chance. As was said in the previos posting we all have our own tastes. On all the sailing that I have been on the band was Xtasea and they were great. They play all types of music.

Maybe we could meet for a before dinner drink.

Bev

We thought the Ladder Guy was the best! He was very funny and entertaining. We walked out on Vegas and the guy diong Jerry Lee Lewis...it was just too painful....

I might get slammed for this but Vibz is just like a wedding band you will find in a VFW hall...but I guess they get the job done by getting people involved.

The entertainment is just okay, it could use some work. If entertainment is the main reason for your cruise you will be disappointed...If is isn't you will love everything else.

We have been on the Century 5 times.

The shows have been the same .... 5 times (well almost the same). As someone else said, Ladder Guy has been there forever.... but his show is good if you have never seen it. If you have seen it, well, then you have seen it.

Production numbers were repetitive... and 'fair' , vegas review, broadway revue, same ole same ole ... but then again, If you haven't seen them you might enjoy.

We have also seen mark preston on the Century (twice), and his wife, Michelle Murlin (sp?) .. once. They are both good entertainers. And Mark is a truly nice guy. If you have the opportunity to catch his show, dont miss it.

On a scale of 1-10 ... I'd say a 7.

The Ladder Guy was fabulous. I don't know if Xtasea is still the band aboard the ship but if they are I can tell you that they are the best band on the high sea's!

Dan

stikdog_e0.gif

CARRIBEAN PRINCESS JAN 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;01;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CARNIVAL'S LEGEND JAN 2003

CELEBRITY'S CENTURY DEC 2003

cflbird2dog_e0.gif

Archived