Onboard Booking questions

Evie29

Hello, I will be on the Breeze next month and have a few questions regarding onboard booking. TIA!

1. Can I book in Canadian funds?

2. If I book online with Carnival today, can I cancel and rebook onboard to get the OBC?

Hello, I will be on the Breeze next month and have a few questions regarding onboard booking. TIA!

1. Can I book in Canadian funds?

2. If I book online with Carnival today, can I cancel and rebook onboard to get the OBC?

If you book a future cruise while on the ship, it will most likely be charged to your credit card. So unless you have a credit card from a bank that's in another country, it will probably be in Canadian funds. As to your second question, if you know ahead of time what cruise you want to book, why not wait and book it onboard? What would be the benefit of booking it on line first?

If you book a future cruise while on the ship, it will most likely be charged to your credit card. So unless you have a credit card from a bank that's in another country, it will probably be in Canadian funds. As to your second question, if you know ahead of time what cruise you want to book, why not wait and book it onboard? What would be the benefit of booking it on line first?

I booked my Vista cruise and as long as the prices are the same, I will be cancelling and re-booking while on Miracle to take advantage of the $100 OBC

If price of cruise goes up by more than the obc keep the original booking.

So much easier when they had the FCC.:(

The only advantage of booking now and then canceling while on board is if you want a certain stateroom. Otherwise, I can't see any reason. When booking on board you will have to book at the current fare and with the cancelation you will lose any perks such as reduced deposit or OBC for book before a certain date. Be sure to do the math carefully and as stated above don't book Early Saver because of the $50 administrative fee.

If price of cruise goes up by more than the obc keep the original booking.

So much easier when they had the FCC.:(

The only advantage of booking now and then canceling while on board is if you want a certain stateroom. Otherwise, I can't see any reason. When booking on board you will have to book at the current fare and with the cancelation you will lose any perks such as reduced deposit or OBC for book before a certain date. Be sure to do the math carefully and as stated above don't book Early Saver because of the $50 administrative fee.

Maybe it depends on how far in advance the next cruise would be. If the next cruise you're booking is approximately 12 months away, then you should be able to get the cabin you want, and the prices wouldn't have gone up yet. If it's six months or less, then I suppose it would make sense to book on line first, then see what's available at the future cruise desk while on the ship. Price? Cabins available? How much OBC? Cost for cancelling and rebooking?

I always book on the ship. I did have an issue on my last cruise because they were advertising the hours to do that and they didn't have anyone on board to do it. Then I was advised that if I did it on line through the ship's free internet I would be credited the on board credit. That didn't work out because the Internet was spotty.Last resort -- customer relations called a Carival rep and I booked over their phone and got the on board credit. It was the first time I had a hassle. It's worth the credit but I was very disappointed that I couldn't just do it at home later with the understanding that I tried but Carival didn't have a rep to assist me.

I always book on the ship. I did have an issue on my last cruise because they were advertising the hours to do that and they didn't have anyone on board to do it. Then I was advised that if I did it on line through the ship's free internet I would be credited the on board credit. That didn't work out because the Internet was spotty.Last resort -- customer relations called a Carival rep and I booked over their phone and got the on board credit. It was the first time I had a hassle. It's worth the credit but I was very disappointed that I couldn't just do it at home later with the understanding that I tried but Carival didn't have a rep to assist me.

Strange that they can make it so hard to take your money.