Elmwood Review of PG

Emdee

Thanks Elmwood for the review.

Efren is my favourite bartender on the PG and glad to know he is still there. Hopefully he will be there when we next go. Efren has a 15 year old daughter!!

I have never liked the Intercontinental in Moorea but love the pool in the IC in Papeete. The hilton and sofitel in Moorea are both very nice.

Yes, very nice review. We met Abner 2 years ago when he was our friend Jim's butler, across the hall from us.

Interesting about the IC Moorea, haven't stayed anywhere there, but aspire to, so I'll keep that in mind. The IC Papeete is not a favourite of mine, but maybe it's improved.

Yes, very nice review. We met Abner 2 years ago when he was our friend Jim's butler, across the hall from us.

Interesting about the IC Moorea, haven't stayed anywhere there, but aspire to, so I'll keep that in mind. The IC Papeete is not a favourite of mine, but maybe it's improved.

We stayed in an OWB at the IC Moorea post cruise. I was not overwhelmed, but after the PG it was hard to make us feel as pampered. The spa there, however, is world famous and I had a Tahitian Ritual that was fabulous. If I were to do it again, the Taha'a resort would be my choice. It looked amazing. We snorkeled right in front of it on our tour with Bruno and it seemed to epitomize the beauty and tranquility of French Polynesia.

Emdee, Efren doesn't look old enough to have a daughter that age! I would have guessed his age at 26-8.

All the staff on board were wonderfully obliging and Martin, the sommelier, told us we would miss them when we did our post-cruise stay and he was absolutely correct.

The resort in Ta'ha was our first choice, but as we had our teenager with us we could not book our post-cruise stay there as it is for 18 and up. The IC Mo'orea was the best deal for an OWB which slept three. If we ever go back, it will be as a couple and Ta'ha would be our post cruise choice.

The IC Papeete really was so much better than the IC Mo'orea that when we were talking about it today my son said he would have much preferred to stay there after the cruise. We had two different rooms there - a garden room the first night, which looked out onto the Lotus pool, and a day room in the main hotel. Both were so much cleaner and better furnished than our bungalow.

A couple of things I forgot to mention in my review were the lectures offered. Stephen Pyles, a chef specializing in south western cuisine was on board and gave severl cooking demonstrations and L'Etoile served his food one night - all very good and interesting. Mark Eddowes was superb, lecturing about how the Polynesian islands were first populated and also the real story of the mutiny on the Bounty.

My pleasure, Crowsnester. I read all the reviews I could while waiting for our trip and most helpful they were, too. We loved being on the ship and all that it offered. I am sure that you will have an amazing time.

Archived