Need tram Port pictures Amsterdam

wwwmarge

INE or other board members,

Ine -- Love the tupils on your logo. I tried to find the posts by a fellow that showed tram pictures and the street for the Port of Amsterdam. Do you remember his name or the link for those? This was some time back.

Has things improved for the over charging for the taxi from the port to the airport?

Marge - RCL Jewel of the Seas 13 of April

If it is of any help this is the site for public transport:

http://www.gvb.nl/english/Pages/default.aspx

if you go to Maps, you will see the routemaps etc.

Tramnr . 25 starts and ends at the cruise-terminal.

The fare-structure of taxis has been changed recently. It is now more or less a fix rate, but additional for service with much luggage etc. I havenot used a cab since, but I have been told rates for short distances went up because of that and on longer rides (airport etc.) it should have gone down. Again, I am not sure if this really works better.

I think in that case you might mean the german guy Heinz Bloed. He has had some photos about Amsterdam. Maybe you can use search and find it???

are the taxis easily available if we are pressed for time? Are the rates reasonable? We only really have the afternoon in Amsterdam and want to see a few things as well as take a canal ride.

Thanks for any info on the taxis!

In my opinion, you really don't want or need a taxi to take you from the ship's dock into town.

The dock is well within walking distance to the main parts of Amsterdam. If you look at a map of the city you will find that the railroad station is just west of the cruise ship terminal.

In front of the railroad square you will find the start of one of the canal tours and an information kiosk if you want to do something more exciting (the red light district is not too far, and neither are some of the other highlights).

If you feel unsure anywhere: ask. People in Holland speak better English than many Americans.

In my opinion, you really don't want or need a taxi to take you from the ship's dock into town.

The dock is well within walking distance to the main parts of Amsterdam. If you look at a map of the city you will find that the railroad station is just west of the cruise ship terminal.

In front of the railroad square you will find the start of one of the canal tours and an information kiosk if you want to do something more exciting (the red light district is not too far, and neither are some of the other highlights).

If you feel unsure anywhere: ask. People in Holland speak better English than many Americans.

I feel a bit better now, based on your response.

I have just looked up the HOHO Canal Bus that has 14 stops. One is the Anne Frank House on the green or red route. On another route ( blue) is the Gassan factory, which leaves from the cruise terminal ( if I am reading th emap correctly). Would this HOHO canal bus be a good option to combine the 3 things that we wanted to cover? Is the regular canal cruise a better option? Just looks like this way we can use the transport to get back and forth?

What do you think of this?

I feel a bit better now, based on your response.

I have just looked up the HOHO Canal Bus that has 14 stops. One is the Anne Frank House on the green or red route. On another route ( blue) is the Gassan factory, which leaves from the cruise terminal ( if I am reading th emap correctly). Would this HOHO canal bus be a good option to combine the 3 things that we wanted to cover? Is the regular canal cruise a better option? Just looks like this way we can use the transport to get back and forth?

What do you think of this?

It will work, but a regular canalcruise lasts about 1 hour and doesnot make the same route. You cannot get onn and off, only make the whole tour.

I donot know exactly how long the HoHo takes to get to Ann Frank house, but often during the day there are lines. You can avoid that by reserving your tickets on line:

http://www.annefrank.org/content.asp?pid=1&lid=1&setlanguage=2

If you need public transport tramnr. 25 goes into city-center. See the maps mentioned above.

Inside the cruise-terminal the Tourist Office usually has a small office open for cruise-passengers, if you need more information.

Check the citymap here: http://www.amsterdam.info/print/map/b4.php

The cruiseterminal is on B5, Ann Frankhouse on B3.

http://home.arcor.de/yao/Amsterdam-Guide.pdf

Ine... I found him.

Thanks again, and again,

Marge

Good to see you found what you were looking for. But also have a look at the map of public transport, as changes occur.

Like 26 does go to/from Centraal Station to IJburg (and past the cruise-terminal), but no longer to the southern part of the city.

You beat me to it Ine. I was going to suggest

http://www.gvb.nl/english/travellers/maps/Pages/Networkmap.aspx

It is the same tram map you referred to. I will use this next July thanks to you.

That is because we are hours ahead of you.....

By the time you are awake, we almost have finished our day.

Is this correct I should take the 26 tram to Central Station because it would be faster than 25?

How often does the train go to the airport?

Will it be easy to find the ticket booth how much does the ticket cost? And is the train easy to find?

Can I buy the train ticket on line?

I need to get to the airport ASAP when I get off the ship if they are fussy with the 2 hrs check-in for the KLM to Munich.

Marge

Is this correct I should take the 26 tram to Central Station because it would be faster than 25?

How often does the train go to the airport?

Will it be easy to find the ticket booth how much does the ticket cost? And is the train easy to find?

Can I buy the train ticket on line?

I need to get to the airport ASAP when I get off the ship if they are fussy with the 2 hrs check-in for the KLM to Munich.

Marge

26 (leaves from across the street) doesnot go faster then 25 (leaves from the cruise-terminal) , it is the same track. Only 26 has a few more trams each hour, but comes from IJburg so does have passengers on board already. . 25 starts from (leftside from exit)the terminal, is still empty then, so check what time it leaves. If that takes too long for you, cross the street and take 26 - direction Centraal Station. (if that comes earlier).

There is still a lot of contruction going on near and at the CS station. You will see ticketsbooth, but tickets are slightly more expensive there then in the machines. Price OW 2nd class: E. 3.80 1st class:E. 6.40

You have to put luggage into/off the train yourself and watch/stay with your luggage in the train, donot leave it unattended. Also be aware of your handluggage, (especially inside the station) donot let others disattract your attention.

If busy there can be pickpockers around.

Trains are easy to find, you will see big boards with times and tracks. Trains to Schiphol (final destination will be another city- ) often leave from platform 14A or 15B. Some make 2, others 3 stops before Schiphol, traveltime around 17 minutes.

No you cannot buy tickets online.

2 hours for Munich is o.k., you can make it in 1,5 hr too and maybe you can try to do checkin on-line.

Archived