Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > P&O Cruises ( Australia )
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
LuckiePuris's Avatar
LuckiePuris LuckiePuris is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,866
Default The Oasis & Lotus Day Spa

The Oasis

Would love to here more about this area. Is this adults only area? Is there a cost to use this area and is it a per day/per cruise charge?

If there is a charge, what is included in the price?

Is this a popular area with adults?

Lotus Day Spa

I haven't used a day spa before onboard a cruise ship but am interested in perhaps a treatment or two on my next cruise.

Does anyone have a price list for the day spa onboard Pacific Jewel?

Are there any treatments that are must-do's?


Thanks in advance!
__________________
Happy Cruising!!

FORCED TO WORK, BORN TO CRUISE!!

*Paradise Cruises Paradise Peak Halong Bay Junk Boat Cruise 2014
*RCI Radiance Of The Seas 2014
*Carnival Spirit 2012
*P&O Pacific Jewel 2012
*RCI Radiance Of The Seas 2012
*RCI Rhapsody Of The Seas 2009 / 2010
*P&O Pacific Dawn 2008
*P&O Pacific Dawn 2007 / 2008
*P&O Pacific Sun 2006 / 2007
*P&O Pacific Sun 2005

Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
thied thied is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brisbane QLD the best place to live in Australia
Posts: 1,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiePuris View Post
The Oasis

Would love to here more about this area. Is this adults only area? Is there a cost to use this area and is it a per day/per cruise charge?

If there is a charge, what is included in the price?

Is this a popular area with adults?


Thanks in advance!
there is no cost to use it, but there is a bar that you have to pay for what ever you buy, that same all the other bars on board.
__________________
Love Thied







Great cruise we have booked

Great cruises we have been on
Qld 7 nights Pacific Star Pacific Islands
7 nights Pacific sun 2008.
Pacific Islands Fiji 12 nights 2009
Pacific Dawn 2009.
NZ Diamond Princess 2009.
7 nights Celebrity Summit 2009.
NZ 14 nights Pacific Dawn 2010
Pacific Islands 7 nights Pacific Dawn 2010
Pacific Islands7 nights Pacific Dawn 12 jun 2010.
Pacific Dawn White Cloud Wonders Wellington to Brisbane part cruise on cruise W108.
Pacific Dawn 12 nights 09/04/2011.
Pacific Dawn 7 nights 04/06/2011
Pacific Dawn 9 nights 03/09/2011
Ocean Princess 11 nights 17/12/2011 from papeete.
Sun Princess nz 16/02/2012 from Brisbane.
Pacific Sun 19/03/2012 our last cruise on the old
Pacific Dawn 09/04/2012
LADY before she departs from P&O Australia
Pacific Dawn 01/05/2012 11 nights pacific
Pacific Dawn 04/09/2012
Pacific Pearl 28/2/2013
Pacific Dawn 30/04/2013
Pacific Dawn 03/08/2013
Pacific Dawn PNG Cruise 31/10/2013
28/12/2013 Pacific Pearl 12 nights
some of the great islands and places we have been to
Port vila, mystery island, Suva, savu savu, island of pines, penticost island, lifou, Auckland, Milford Sound, Tauranga, Akaroa,Dunedin,Wellington,
Barcelona, Cannes, Florence, Civitavecchia , Naples
8000 club heading to 10000 club
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
Sandielle's Avatar
Sandielle Sandielle is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Queensland
Posts: 6,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiePuris View Post
The Oasis

Would love to here more about this area. Is this adults only area? Is there a cost to use this area and is it a per day/per cruise charge?

If there is a charge, what is included in the price?
Is this a popular area with adults?
Luckie, there is no longer a charge for this area, but it is still a child-free area, although I don't know how strict they are about it. They have kept the lounge coverings and the bar service.
On our last cruise we were mostly able to get a lounge, however it was fairly windy so not always nice to sit out there. I think it would be used more if the weather was really nice.

Quote:
Lotus Day Spa

I haven't used a day spa before onboard a cruise ship but am interested in perhaps a treatment or two on my next cruise.

Does anyone have a price list for the day spa onboard Pacific Jewel?

Are there any treatments that are must-do's?

Thanks in advance!
I think the prices are pretty expensive but they do have specials from time to time. From what I've seen, the Lotus Spa is pretty popular. Sorry, I don't have the prices.
__________________
Sandy
Cruiseaholic

Laugh a lot. A good sense of humour cures almost all of life's ills.

Three more coming up - just over the horizon!

Past Cruises
Monowai - Sydney to Auckland
Monowai - Auckland to Sydney
Strathmore - Nuku'alofa, Suva, Noumea
Himalaya - Rabaul, Manila, Hong Kong, Yokohama, Kobe
Flavia - Sydney to Southampton via Suez
Flavia - Southampton to Sydney via Panama
Pacific Dawn - White Cloud Wonders - NZ - 20 Feb 2010
Pacific Dawn - Week Fantastique - 12 Jun 2010
Pacific Dawn - White Cloud Wonders - NZ - 26 Feb 2011
Pacific Dawn – Island Adventures - 3 Sep 2011
Sun Princess - New Zealand Discovery - 16 Feb 2012
Pacific Dawn - Island Gems - 4 Sep 2012
Sun Princess - New Zealand - 4 Mar 2013
Sun Princess - Fijian Jewels - 18 Mar 2013
Pacific Dawn - PNG - 16 Nov 2013
Pacific Dawn - Food & Wine - 26 Nov 2013
Sea Princess - Aotearoa - 13 March 2014

Pacific Dawn - Qld Coast - 23 August 2014
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:38 PM
cjm66's Avatar
cjm66 cjm66 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiePuris View Post

Lotus Day Spa

I haven't used a day spa before onboard a cruise ship but am interested in perhaps a treatment or two on my next cruise.

Does anyone have a price list for the day spa onboard Pacific Jewel?

Are there any treatments that are must-do's?


Thanks in advance!
A few prices as examples (from the Pacific Daily)

VIP Thermal Pass - unlimited acess throughout the cruise to steam room, saunas, relaxation room and hydration room - $198 pp or $299 couples pass.

Oxydermal facial - $18 for 50 mins
3 short treatments for $139 - E.g Foot massage, scalp massage, body scrub etc.
Full body araomatherapy plus facial - 75 mins for $151.
Body blitz - lime and ginger exfoliation plus aromatherapy neck and shoulders and foot massage - 50 minutes for $129.

The treatment rooms for facials are a bit antiseptic despite the excellent view - that's a bit of a waste, when you are lying either face down or with cotton pads on your eyes. I had an excellent manicure with shellac nails that lasted the full two weeks. The day spa is run by the same group that does the spas on Princess and uses the same Elemis products. I have more experience on Princess but it all seems much the same. Their Ginger and Lime scrub is very good. I can recommend the all over body treatments, wraps and scrubs with a relaxing aromoatherapy massage and / or facial to finish off the relaxation part. Scalp massages are relaxing - the "choose three you like" deals are fun to try out something different. The treatments are expensive but comparable with high end spas on shore. The special deals are advertised in the Daily and are best on a shore day, but there were some on sea days as well - get in early to book. One warning - the beauticians are encoraged to sell, sell, sell the products so be prepared for your session to end with a smiling but quite hard sell for products that will cost you at least twice what you are paying for your treatment. I am not put off by this as I understand why - they get a commission on sales and score very few tips on the Australian run ships. Quality of the operators does vary but uisually good.

I save up for a bit of luxury each cruise and enjoy the indulgence!

Cheers Colleen

Last edited by cjm66; April 23rd, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:56 AM
LuckiePuris's Avatar
LuckiePuris LuckiePuris is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thied View Post
there is no cost to use it, but there is a bar that you have to pay for what ever you buy, that same all the other bars on board.
Thanks Thied for the information and great to know there is a bar nearby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandielle View Post
Luckie, there is no longer a charge for this area, but it is still a child-free area, although I don't know how strict they are about it. They have kept the lounge coverings and the bar service.
On our last cruise we were mostly able to get a lounge, however it was fairly windy so not always nice to sit out there. I think it would be used more if the weather was really nice.

I think the prices are pretty expensive but they do have specials from time to time. From what I've seen, the Lotus Spa is pretty popular. Sorry, I don't have the prices.
Thanks Sandy, glad to hear it is still child free

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm66 View Post
A few prices as examples (from the Pacific Daily)

VIP Thermal Pass - unlimited acess throughout the cruise to steam room, saunas, relaxation room and hydration room - $198 pp or $299 couples pass.

Oxydermal facial - $18 for 50 mins
3 short treatments for $139 - E.g Foot massage, scalp massage, body scrub etc.
Full body araomatherapy plus facial - 75 mins for $151.
Body blitz - lime and ginger exfoliation plus aromatherapy neck and shoulders and foot massage - 50 minutes for $129.

The treatment rooms for facials are a bit antiseptic despite the excellent view - that's a bit of a waste, when you are lying either face down or with cotton pads on your eyes. I had an excellent manicure with shellac nails that lasted the full two weeks. The day spa is run by the same group that does the spas on Princess and uses the same Elemis products. I have more experience on Princess but it all seems much the same. Their Ginger and Lime scrub is very good. I can recommend the all over body treatments, wraps and scrubs with a relaxing aromoatherapy massage and / or facial to finish off the relaxation part. Scalp massages are relaxing - the "choose three you like" deals are fun to try out something different. The treatments are expensive but comparable with high end spas on shore. The special deals are advertised in the Daily and are best on a shore day, but there were some on sea days as well - get in early to book. One warning - the beauticians are encoraged to sell, sell, sell the products so be prepared for your session to end with a smiling but quite hard sell for products that will cost you at least twice what you are paying for your treatment. I am not put off by this as I understand why - they get a commission on sales and score very few tips on the Australian run ships. Quality of the operators does vary but uisually good.

I save up for a bit of luxury each cruise and enjoy the indulgence!

Cheers Colleen
Thanks Colleen for the prices! The prices don't sound too bad, would be nice to have a treatment or two to indulge.

Thanks for the recommendation on the all over body treatments, sound like something I would love to give a try.

Does the day spa book out easily?
__________________
Happy Cruising!!

FORCED TO WORK, BORN TO CRUISE!!

*Paradise Cruises Paradise Peak Halong Bay Junk Boat Cruise 2014
*RCI Radiance Of The Seas 2014
*Carnival Spirit 2012
*P&O Pacific Jewel 2012
*RCI Radiance Of The Seas 2012
*RCI Rhapsody Of The Seas 2009 / 2010
*P&O Pacific Dawn 2008
*P&O Pacific Dawn 2007 / 2008
*P&O Pacific Sun 2006 / 2007
*P&O Pacific Sun 2005


Last edited by LuckiePuris; April 24th, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Royalty X's Avatar
Royalty X Royalty X is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,248
Default

Not sure whether they book out quickly or not. Just be ready for the upsells when you go (you have a facial then they try to sell you all these different creams and moisturizers, or you have a massage and they sell you massage oils, etc). I knew it was coming because I'd heard about it on here (so I was ready to say no), but my other half had no idea and got totally sucked in to buying hundreds of dollars of stuff we just didn't need (we came back early December and none of it's been used yet).
It really put me off going to the spa again. I had a facial done, and after the upsell, ended up cancelling my massage for the next day.
__________________


SHIPS I'VE SAILED ON...
1983 - ORIANA - SOUTH PACIFIC
1985 - ORIANA - SINGAPORE TO FREMANTLE
1989 - CANBERRA - WORLD CRUISE
2011 - PACIFIC SUN - SOUTH PACIFIC
2011 - PACIFIC PEARL - NEW ZEALAND
2012 - CARNIVAL SPIRIT - HONOLULU TO SYDNEY
2013 - RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS - SOUTH PACIFIC
2014 - SEA PRINCESS - BRISBANE TO SYDNEY
2014 - CARNIVAL LEGEND - SHORT CRUISE
2014 - MARINER OF THE SEAS - SINGAPORE TO SINGAPORE
2015 - VOYAGER OF THE SEAS - FREMANTLE TO SINGAPORE
2015 - QUANTUM OF THE SEAS - SINGAPORE TO SINGAPORE

SHIPS I'VE INSPECTED...
2013 - CELEBRITY SOLSTICE
2013 - VOYAGER OF THE SEAS
2014 - DIAMOND PRINCESS
2014 - RADIANCE OF THE SEAS
2014 - QUEEN MARY 2
2014 - COSTA DELIZIOSA
2014 - VOLENDAM
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:28 PM
lorry like a truck lorry like a truck is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: australia
Posts: 154
Default hi

On the last 3 cruises we went on, the Oasis areas were child free. All the lounges and chairs were fairly marked and dirty. The spas were grotty. They have let the area slide and don't take care of it as well as when you paid. The staff are still lovely and are there to help you. This is on both the Sun and the Jewel. I suppose in time they will find another use for the areas.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old April 25th, 2012, 12:08 AM
LuckiePuris's Avatar
LuckiePuris LuckiePuris is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuneit View Post
Not sure whether they book out quickly or not. Just be ready for the upsells when you go (you have a facial then they try to sell you all these different creams and moisturizers, or you have a massage and they sell you massage oils, etc). I knew it was coming because I'd heard about it on here (so I was ready to say no), but my other half had no idea and got totally sucked in to buying hundreds of dollars of stuff we just didn't need (we came back early December and none of it's been used yet).
It really put me off going to the spa again. I had a facial done, and after the upsell, ended up cancelling my massage for the next day.
I don't mind if they do try to sell their products, but am not keen on the had sell. That's the last thing you want after a relaxing massage! Think I may just do the one treatment on one of the last sea days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorry like a truck View Post
On the last 3 cruises we went on, the Oasis areas were child free. All the lounges and chairs were fairly marked and dirty. The spas were grotty. They have let the area slide and don't take care of it as well as when you paid. The staff are still lovely and are there to help you. This is on both the Sun and the Jewel. I suppose in time they will find another use for the areas.
Glad to hear they were child free but not glad to hear they were dirty. I would rather have a clean area and lounges/chairs, and pay to use the area.

Do you have any photos of Oasis on PJ you wouldn't mind sharing?
__________________
Happy Cruising!!

FORCED TO WORK, BORN TO CRUISE!!

*Paradise Cruises Paradise Peak Halong Bay Junk Boat Cruise 2014
*RCI Radiance Of The Seas 2014
*Carnival Spirit 2012
*P&O Pacific Jewel 2012
*RCI Radiance Of The Seas 2012
*RCI Rhapsody Of The Seas 2009 / 2010
*P&O Pacific Dawn 2008
*P&O Pacific Dawn 2007 / 2008
*P&O Pacific Sun 2006 / 2007
*P&O Pacific Sun 2005


Last edited by LuckiePuris; April 25th, 2012 at 12:09 AM.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.