Men's Dress Code during Carnival Dinners

Patio Tiles

My boyfriend and I (both early 50's) are cruising on the Victory and are wondering about the dress code for dinners. Is it acceptable for men to wear shorts in the main dining room during dinner? When I say "shorts", I mean similar to Tommy Bahama-style, with a nice button down collared shirt or golf shirt, and closed boat-style shoes. Acceptable?

My boyfriend and I (both early 50's) are cruising on the Victory and are wondering about the dress code for dinners. Is it acceptable for men to wear shorts in the main dining room during dinner? When I say "shorts", I mean similar to Tommy Bahama-style, with a nice button down collared shirt or golf shirt, and closed boat-style shoes. Acceptable?

With the exception of the elegant night yes t is.

As long as you don't mind being seen with someone in shorts, by all means, yes. The only night it's not allowed is elegant night.

Nobody should care

Collared shirt, nice shorts, belt and clean shoes. No flip flops.

We just got back from our cruise on the Carnival Valor and so many people ignored the dress code at dinner that it annoyed my wife and me.

With the exception of elegant night, I dressed in what I like to call "pro golfers casual": nice slacks, collared shirt and loafers.

My mother always taught me to keep my nose on my own plate so, that means that I don't look at what others are eating or wearing because it doesn't affect me or my meal in the least.

You're on vacation, dress comfortable and relax.

Now, I choose to be a little dressy because I never get to dress like that in real life.

Speak for yourself, not for me, I care, I think shorts at dinner time in the MDR should not be allowed, for those in shorts go to the Lido for dinner.

I whole-heartedly agree...............but do you think it will make a difference? I should have said "no one else seems to care", by the looks of some things on elegant night, especially after dinner.

Straight from Valor Fn Times last week.

Non-Elegant Night: "Tonight's restaurant attire is Cruise Casual. Please note: Gym or Basketball shorts, flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans and men's sleeveless shirts are not allowed in the restaurant."

Elegant night: ""Tonight's restaurant attire is Cruise Elegant. Please Note: Shorts, t-shirts, jeans, flip-flops, bathing suit attire, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear and baseball hats are not allowed in the restaurant."

I did see them turn away a man in shorts on elegant night.

Straight from Valor Fn Times last week.

Elegant night: ""Tonight's restaurant attire is Cruise Elegant. Please Note: Shorts, t-shirts, jeans, flip-flops, bathing suit attire, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear and baseball hats are not allowed in the restaurant."

I did see them turn away a man in shorts on elegant night.

4 day cruise on sensation - any idea which night will be elegant night?

Archived