Questions about Early Saver (price drops and penalties), and Cloud 9 spa rooms

aquarianne11

Hi everyone! We placed a courtesy hold on the room that we want on the Carnival Vista last night. We are super excited but have some questions.

We got Stateroom #11223. For the July 1 sailing (8 days Europe from Barcelona, Spain), that's the only Cloud 9 Spa Interior left that can accommodate three passengers.

Most of the other Cloud 9 Spa interior rooms are just for two passengers. From the deck plans looks like only 2 rooms can accommodate three passengers and 1 room accommodate four passengers. Even the Cloud 9 Spa balconies can only accommodate 2! :confused:

My questions:

1. Is that common among all the the Carnival ships to limit the occupancy in the Cloud 9 Spa rooms? I know that 3rd and 4th guests are not entitled to spa access and amenities. But looks like they don't want families to book the

Cloud 9 Spa rooms... :confused:

2. How does the Early Saver price drop works? I just want to know what to look for. We are booking the last Cloud 9 Spa interior for 3 passengers. Is it safe to say that we probably WON'T GET A PRICE DROP?

3. Since we are booking now, (50% per person non-refundable reduced deposit promo) if we need to change or cancel, are there any penalties aside from $50 pp service fee?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks everyone for your help! :)

Hi everyone! We placed a courtesy hold on the room that we want on the Carnival Vista last night. We are super excited but have some questions.

We got Stateroom #11223. For the July 1 sailing (8 days Europe from Barcelona, Spain), that's the only Cloud 9 Spa Interior left that can accommodate three passengers.

Most of the other Cloud 9 Spa interior rooms are just for two passengers. From the deck plans looks like only 2 rooms can accommodate three passengers and 1 room accommodate four passengers. Even the Cloud 9 Spa balconies can only accommodate 2! :confused:

My questions:

1. Is that common among all the the Carnival ships to limit the occupancy in the Cloud 9 Spa rooms? I know that 3rd and 4th guests are not entitled to spa access and amenities. But looks like they don't want families to book the

2. How does the Early Saver price drop works? I just want to know what to look for. We are booking the last Cloud 9 Spa interior for 3 passengers. Is it safe to say that we probably WON'T GET A PRICE DROP?

3. Since we are booking now, (50% per person non-refundable reduced deposit promo) if we need to change or cancel, are there any penalties aside from $50 pp service fee?

If I am reading the terms right the deposit will be held as a future cruise credit to be used within 2 yrs. There is a $50pp change fee if you can't take this cruise and the rest will be applied to another cruise taken within 2 years, as long as before final payment.

Here is a link to the rules for the ES special going on now with the reduced deposit:

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-deals/early-saver/terms.aspx

If I am wrong then I am sure someone will correct me. And please do!:)

Edited by ready2cruzagain

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2168201

My previous thread on this topic.

No quads...screw the Vista and it's exclusive, no family friendly area's. I can get that on other cruise lines.

Family Harbor - under the galley at the back and bottom of the ship. :mad:

Cloud 9 - No family's except 1 inside. So no mom and dad can't spa while the kids camp - phooey

Havana - No family's but teens are OK, they won't cause trouble as opposed to kids of the kids club age who might not even be in the area.

Was planning on doing the Vista but the lack of decent quad cabin choices for families will send us looking elsewhere I think.

We are doing a quad Spa 9 balcony on the Breeze next month and all other ships have enough quad cabins in the Spa area.

ONLY Vista is so family of 4 challenged.

So you are forced to get two cabins? So you are forced to buy a spa pass?

Hopefully the Magic will come to Florida when the Breeze leaves so family's mom and dad's can SPA.

We are doing a quad Spa 9 balcony on the Breeze next month and all other ships have enough quad cabins in the Spa area.

ONLY Vista is so family of 4 challenged.

So you are forced to get two cabins? So you are forced to buy a spa pass?

Hopefully the Magic will come to Florida when the Breeze leaves so family's mom and dad's can SPA.

I guess we were lucky yesterday. I found a Spa inside cabin (11223) that can accommodate our family of 3! That was the only one left so we have to pay today or we'll lose the room. Staterooms 11223 and 11224 have been sold out for the last few weeks.

We also like Deck 11 since it is near the Camp Ocean. DD likes being in the kid's club.

That's good to know that the other Carnival ships doesn't have the same problem. Maybe the deck plans for Vista can still change...

If I am reading the terms right the deposit will be held as a future cruise credit to be used within 2 yrs. There is a $50pp change fee if you can't take this cruise and the rest will be applied to another cruise taken within 2 years, as long as before final payment.

Here is a link to the rules for the ES special going on now with the reduced deposit:

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-deals/early-saver/terms.aspx

If I am wrong then I am sure someone will correct me. And please do!:)

Thanks for the link and info. That's good to know. At least we will still get a credit that we can use for a future cruise.

I just want to make sure I understand all the penalties before I pay since the Early saver is quite restrictive.

My questions:

All the spa interiors are 4S. As long as there are 4S available, you will get the price drop. Does not matter if it is for 2 or 3 or 4.

If there is a price drop, you will probably have to pay the full deposit unless that promo also has the reduced deposit.

See answers in red for 2and 3. Can't answer 1.

Wow, thank you! That's very good news. :)

All the other Cloud 9 Spa interior left are double occupancy, good to know that I can still look for possible price drops.

In order to price match, your room capacity has to match an available cabin with the same capacity size. They can't price match a 2-person cabin to a triple.

You booked a room with only one or two with the same capacity size. So long as they are all reserved, you wouldn't be eligible for a price drop. Keep an eye out. The family in that other cabin can always cancel or decide to move, which would free up that cabin making yours open for price adjustments if one occurs while the other cabin is free. This is always the drawback when booking cabins with limited inventory. But it's worth it to get the cabin you want.

Earlier in the year we booked one of only two 6Ks on the Glory. One sleeps 2, the other sleeps 4. As soon as I booked, the category was essentially sold out as there was no other cabin on the vessel the same as mine.

The family in that other cabin can always cancel or decide to move, which would free up that cabin making yours open for price adjustments if one occurs while the other cabin is free. This is always the drawback when booking cabins with limited inventory. But it's worth it to get the cabin you want.

I agree with you, we got the cabin and the location that we want. We will still be happy even if we won't get any price drops in the future.

In order to price match, your room capacity has to match an available cabin with the same capacity size. They can't price match a 2-person cabin to a triple.

You booked a room with only one or two with the same capacity size. So long as they are all reserved, you wouldn't be eligible for a price drop. Keep an eye out. The family in that other cabin can always cancel or decide to move, which would free up that cabin making yours open for price adjustments if one occurs while the other cabin is free. This is always the drawback when booking cabins with limited inventory. But it's worth it to get the cabin you want.

Earlier in the year we booked one of only two 6Ks on the Glory. One sleeps 2, the other sleeps 4. As soon as I booked, the category was essentially sold out as there was no other cabin on the vessel the same as mine.

I don't believe that is correct. A 4S is a 4S whether it is for 2 or 3 or 4. Whenever I have applied for a price drop, I have never looked to see if the remaining cabins have the same capacity as mine and always hot the drop. I believe it is according to the cabin cabin category.

You can get the price drop if you check for the same number of passengers in the room. our last cruise (Jan 2015) we booked 3 6M cabins on the dream ( 2 connecting cabins and one 2 doors down)

Room 1 was 2 occupants, room 2 was 3 occupants and room 3 was 4 occupants. never got a price drop on room 1 but got drops on rooms 2 & 3. You have to price match to the same category and same occupancy as you are booked.

It worked this way on our 2014 magic cruise as well. We got more price drops on our 4 occupancy 6M cabin than we did on our 2 occupancy 6M cabin. It doesn't matter but these 2 rooms were connecting rooms.

I don't believe that is correct. A 4S is a 4S whether it is for 2 or 3 or 4. Whenever I have applied for a price drop, I have never looked to see if the remaining cabins have the same capacity as mine and always hot the drop. I believe it is according to the cabin cabin category.

Not to my knowledge and not the way it's worked for me. But o.k.

• 4 months later...

I am a long time Platinum member and recently cancelled the Vista in mid May 2016 (10+ months before the sail date). I have cancelled other Carnival cruises previously under the early saver program and never was even charged the $50. I always assumed that it was because we booked directly with the Carnival Elite PVP (same guy or his boss for the last 15+ years and cruised so often. He never once mentioned the penalty for cancellation; otherwise I would have waited to book. This time was different. We actually found a better deal on Princess (part of the Carnival family) sailing in July 2016, 4 days longer + included premium drink package for about the same price. This time not only were we charged the $50, but we were told that the remaining deposit would be placed in our onboard account if we sailed with Carnival within the next 2 years. Otherwise we would lose it completely. I confirmed with Princess officially that they would not have assessed any penalty because the sail date was so far away. I perhaps could see if I told them I found a better deal on a competitor being charged the $50 admin fee. But Vista is a new ship with tremendous demand and we were staying within the Carnival family. So beware. Customer Relations was no help. As far as price drop, I also believe it goes by cabin category. We have received them with no problem (difference goes into onboard account). Our last transatlantic was on the Sunshine when it was new and the price dropped 3-4 times before we sailed. We saved about $900 per person. I always check the Carnival website first, then it is easier to get the refund when the website fare is lower. Hope this helps. JJ

Edited by defoorj