Zip lines in Costa Rica

87harley

Just came back from a Christmas cruise on the Carnival Freedom. We used Okey Dokey tours for our zipline tour in Costa Rica. We had an excellent time and I would definitely recommend it! Rey was our tour guide and he was very much attentive to us - and loved his country. We did the zipline, river cruise (saw monkeys and sloths), banana plantation, lunch, coffee stop. It was well worth the $99.00 paid - the trip lasted about 6 hours.

We did zipline during a land vacation to Costa Rica many years ago and enjoyed it very much. Kids considered it the highlight of the trip.

There are many zipline places in Costa Rica. If you book through cruise shore excursion or through a private tour company, they basically arrange the tour and provide transportation for you. Those zipline places are generally far away from the port.

We did the Okeydokey tour last January and had Rey as well. We didn't do the zipline part of the tour but did get to watch the group that did and they had a great time. The one thing that I would recommend is "don't forget the insect repellent".

We did a zipline tour in Costa Rica in December that we picked up on the dock. It was with the Vista Golfa hotel, which I had learned about on these boards.

We paid $95, but most people paid a little more, I think, since they asked us not to tell how much we had paid to others on the tour. It included transportation to and from the hotel (about 30 minutes away), the zipline and lunch.

We had 25 lines, including two rappels, over waterfalls, pools and jungle. We had ziplined before and thought this was fantastic. We had 3 guides with us for four people and thought they were very careful and safety conscious.

We waited about 20 minutes for the second couple to show up, but, with only four, we had no waits until we caught up with a group of 13 towards the end. Even then, the waits were not bad.

The lunch was a typical Costa Rican lunch (we'd vacationed there before), steak, fish or chicken, rice and beans, salad, drink, etc. It was fine.

We enjoyed our day a lot; as we'd done most of the other things in Costa Rica on our land tour there, this was a great choice.

• 2 weeks later...
We did a zipline tour in Costa Rica in December that we picked up on the dock. It was with the Vista Golfa hotel, which I had learned about on these boards.

We paid $95, but most people paid a little more, I think, since they asked us not to tell how much we had paid to others on the tour. It included transportation to and from the hotel (about 30 minutes away), the zipline and lunch.

We had 25 lines, including two rappels, over waterfalls, pools and jungle. We had ziplined before and thought this was fantastic. We had 3 guides with us for four people and thought they were very careful and safety conscious.

We waited about 20 minutes for the second couple to show up, but, with only four, we had no waits until we caught up with a group of 13 towards the end. Even then, the waits were not bad.

The lunch was a typical Costa Rican lunch (we'd vacationed there before), steak, fish or chicken, rice and beans, salad, drink, etc. It was fine.

We enjoyed our day a lot; as we'd done most of the other things in Costa Rica on our land tour there, this was a great choice.

We did this same FABULOUS tour on 12/9/09 during our Puntarenas, CR port stop on an NCL Star Panama Canal transit cruise. I had organized the excursion with Vista Golfo Resort and there ended up being 11 of us on the tour at $94. pp.

They picked us up at the pier and took us back. We had a 45 minutes to an hour horseback ride to the start of the zip platforms included too! (Those not up to horseback riding can go by vehicle too.) That was GREAT as I hadn't been on horseback in MANY years, but it came right back for me! In the middle of the exhilarating 25 zip lines (2 were rappels which were amazing too!) got to swim under a waterfall. Not everyone chose to do this, but it was so much fun! The lunch at the end (described in the post above) was delicious, and we HIGHLY recommend this tour. As the organizers DH and I had to put up a deposit on our credit card AHEAD of time before our sailing, but were rewarded with a 20% discount when we went to pay the balance for the two of us! We were supposed to have 12 to get the discount, but they gave it to us anyway with only 11 as some other folks joined our tour right at the pier. http://www.finca-daniel.com/

• 3 weeks later...

That sounds wonderful. We did the ziplining from the Puerto Limon port and went to Jungle breezes. If we do CR again on the port you mentioned I will surely do that ziplining. Sounds wonderful. Are there any like that which we could get to in port only from 9-6, which gives us 7.5 hours to be safe, and maybe 8. Any suggestions?

Archived