Why Am I So Blue? (aka: Loyalty Levels)

Chunder Worthy

Well, we're a week or two away from our first Princess cruise (14-day), and lo and behold out of NOWHERE, I get an email from Princess. They relayed the spectacular news that our "Loyalty Level" is BLUE!!! Swear! I figured that must be because I'm obviously a true-blue (1st-time coming up) Princess "sailor" (or sail-er) and they now promulgate my unique prestige as such. You may commence the congratulations!

However, after a little research I found an article (here on CC) that mentions there are several other levels, Gold, Ruby, Platinum and Elite. While "Blue" is obviously more true, genuine and faithful than the others, I think in reality that I am "Blue" because I am so sad (and relative status is same). It seems the Elite and Platinum levels get coveted free dry cleaning, daily canapés, and other assorted perks and swag, but I don't know what "Blue" gets me. I'm hoping it's at least 24-hour FREE use of bathrooms on board. If someone could tell me what I actually "get," that would be much appreciated (feel free to use continuation pages if you run out of room).

But I kid as you can tell. I DID however search Princess' website and found no mention of the actual levels and their specific awards (and the CC article only listed awards for the top two levels). Would anybody have a link to a webpage or pdf that shows all award levels and benefits? I DO aspire someday to be more than chunder worthy, y'know. A blue man can only dream of course....

Emoticons+Animados+7.gif

Well, we're a week or two away from our first Princess cruise (14-day), and lo and behold out of NOWHERE, I get an email from Princess. They relayed the spectacular news that our "Loyalty Level" is BLUE!!! Swear! I figured that must be because I'm obviously a true-blue (1st-time coming up) Princess "sailor" (or sail-er) and they now promulgate my unique prestige as such. You may commence the congratulations!

However, after a little research I found an article (here on CC) that mentions there are several other levels, Gold, Ruby, Platinum and Elite. While "Blue" is obviously more true, genuine and faithful than the others, I think in reality that I am "Blue" because I am so sad (and relative status is same). It seems the Elite and Platinum levels get coveted free dry cleaning, daily canapés, and other assorted perks and swag, but I don't know what "Blue" gets me. I'm hoping it's at least 24-hour FREE use of bathrooms on board. If someone could tell me what I actually "get," that would be much appreciated (feel free to use continuation pages if you run out of room).

But I kid as you can tell. I DID however search Princess' website and found no mention of the actual levels and their specific awards (and the CC article only listed awards for the top two levels). Would anybody have a link to a webpage or pdf that shows all award levels and benefits? I DO aspire someday to be more than chunder worthy, y'know. A blue man can only dream of course....

Emoticons+Animados+7.gif

Here ya go Blue.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

Happy cruising!!!

On the Princess website, scroll down under the big main block and look for More Information. Under that heading, find the link for Captain's Circle. Follow the link and then click on Member Benefits, which will take you to https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

Note that the levels are (currently) by EITHER points or days. Solo cruisers get double points, suite passengers (either by suite fare or by upsell from lower category, but not by freebie upgrade from lower category) get double points, and I think solo suite passengers get triple points. We may "never" win the most days at sea contest, but we're planning to take advantage of various repositioning 1-day/3-day/4-day cruises out of Seattle (30 minutes from us) to continue working our way up the ladder.

I've read somewhere on here that a Solo earns 3 Cruise Credits equal to doing 3 cruises, for each cruise sailed in a Full Suite. If I remember correctly (as usual can't find the post to reference it:( , this should mean for me:

BLUE CARD-First Cruise, receiving the Gold Card at the end of the Cruise so

GOLD CARD sail my second cruise earning my Ruby Card AND also qualifying as Platinum by paying to sail Solo in a Window Suite on the Golden Princess.

PLATINUM on my 3rd cruise-skipping the sailing as a Ruby Card Holder and having 2 additional cruises at this level to qualify for Elite status meaning the planned 60th Birthday Cruise will be a

BLACK CARD!

If I've made a mistake, someone more experienced will politely clarify where I got muddled. With a very stressful family situation being ongoing, Cruise Critic is my "Escape" from the stress. I always get a good laugh reading through the various postings. and ALWAYS learn something new!

Sorry, but the links above do take you to the page where all the Captain's Circle levels are explained ... EXCEPT for yours. :( Your "Blue" level means you have not completed any Princess cruises ... and (sorry to say) will have no "perks" ... AFTER you complete this first cruise, you will move up to the beautiful GOLD card! And at that point the little benefits will start showing up.

So, Blue, don't be blue ... just go and enjoy your first experience with Princess. I'm sure you'll be back and ... before you know it ... you'll be flashing that coveted "Black" card! :D

I agree. I think they should get the color of the level they are.

That's too bad that they don't change. My kids will be disappointed that they will still have blue on their second cruise coming up here in a couple of months. I know it's not a big deal, but something they were looking forward to. Oh well.

I've read somewhere on here that a Solo earns 3 Cruise Credits equal to doing 3 cruises, for each cruise sailed in a Full Suite. If I remember correctly (as usual can't find the post to reference it:( , this should mean for me:

BLUE CARD-First Cruise, receiving the Gold Card at the end of the Cruise so

GOLD CARD sail my second cruise earning my Ruby Card AND also qualifying as Platinum by paying to sail Solo in a Window Suite on the Golden Princess.

PLATINUM on my 3rd cruise-skipping the sailing as a Ruby Card Holder and having 2 additional cruises at this level to qualify for Elite status meaning the planned 60th Birthday Cruise will be a

BLACK CARD!

If I've made a mistake, someone more experienced will politely clarify where I got muddled. With a very stressful family situation being ongoing, Cruise Critic is my "Escape" from the stress. I always get a good laugh reading through the various postings. and ALWAYS learn something new!

There is a range of cruise lines which if you have travelled with previously will give you Princess cruise credits. In this way; provided you have notified them prior to cruising of all your previous cruises with the said lines, you can start at a higher level.

Regards John

My upcoming Princess cruise I have been told i am everything from Gold to Elite, depends on what email or page of the site I am looking at.

Apparently I had a few numbers with them and when they amalgamated them I kept going up and up.

So I have no idea what colour card I'll have.

And you know I just don't care, as long as I am cruising I'll be happy.

There is a range of cruise lines which if you have travelled with previously will give you Princess cruise credits. In this way; provided you have notified them prior to cruising of all your previous cruises with the said lines, you can start at a higher level.

Regards John

That is part of the explanation for what has happened with me.

What I am unsure of is what my card will be in about 4 months.

I was rated as Gold when I booked, but after the tidy up have jumped to Elite.

My upcoming Princess cruise I have been told i am everything from Gold to Elite, depends on what email or page of the site I am looking at.

Apparently I had a few numbers with them and when they amalgamated them I kept going up and up.

So I have no idea what colour card I'll have.

And you know I just don't care, as long as I am cruising I'll be happy.

The definitive way to check your status is always to log in to "My Princess" and eventually click on My Profile and then Cruise History and see what statistics are there. This information needs to be compared to the Captains Circle Levels List. Make sure ALL your Princess cruises are listed if you have cruised with Princess and then think about the other lines.

A number of non-Princess lines qualify for points and Princess will have no information on which you have sailed on. These include some P&O voyages since 1844 to date and Sitmar cruises. Not sure about some others but suspect Swan Hellenic, Canadian Pacific and Compagne Generale Transatlantique cruises may also qualify. This is not a complete list.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

The definitive way to check your status is always to log in to "My Princess" and eventually click on My Profile and then Cruise History and see what statistics are there. This information needs to be compared to the Captains Circle Levels List. Make sure ALL your Princess cruises are listed if you have cruised with Princess and then think about the other lines.

A number of non-Princess lines qualify for points and Princess will have no information on which you have sailed on. These include some P&O voyages since 1844 to date and Sitmar cruises. Not sure about some others but suspect Swan Hellenic, Canadian Pacific and Compagne Generale Transatlantique cruises may also qualify. This is not a complete list.

Regards John

Cruise personaliser says Elite. But I have been told t is the level at the time I booked that will apply, and that was Gold, because of the multiple numbers I was listed under.

Cruise personaliser says Elite. But I have been told t is the level at the time I booked that will apply, and that was Gold, because of the multiple numbers I was listed under.

This seems a strange way of assessing your Loyalty Level; at the time of booking, not sailing. In a hypothetical example someone who had cruised with Princess once and was on the "Gold" level, is so impressed decides to book 20 more cruises all at once and does so immediately whilst still on board. Under the administrative system you describe the passenger booked while on Gold remains on Gold and even at the start of their final cruise would still be at the Gold level as this is the level they were on when they booked it. Under your system seemingly after you complete a cruise that gets you to the next level you wont get it next time if you book to early.

I think whosoever advised this is incorrect in their interpretation of the way the system runs.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

This seems a strange way of assessing your Loyalty Level; at the time of booking, not sailing. In a hypothetical example someone who had cruised with Princess once and was on the "Gold" level, is so impressed decides to book 20 more cruises all at once and does so immediately whilst still on board. Under the administrative system you describe the passenger booked while on Gold remains on Gold and even at the start of their final cruise would still be at the Gold level as this is the level they were on when they booked it. Under your system seemingly after you complete a cruise that gets you to the next level you wont get it next time if you book to early.

I think whosoever advised this is incorrect in their interpretation of the way the system runs.

Regards John

I too thought it was strange, however I wonder just how far out it is set in stone, they have to have cards prepared etc. Also even after my personaliser was showing elite they were sending me emails etc showing Gold. It is simply confusing.

I guess I'll know when I board.

Short of controlling under age drinking I hate classification systems or status cards. It's no ones business and frankly disrespectful to your fellow passengers. Some passengers may not have the financial ability to make cruising a yearly event.

Rewards for past voyages or for special consideration when booking future cruises should be noted in your cruise documents and is no ones business except yours. When a cruise card is 'swiped' the reading computer isn't looking at what color the card is it's just retrieving data. I'm the kind of person that likes to wear his designer cloths with the labels on the inside and find any form of status labeling tasteless ;).

I'll be handed a blue card this summer as a first time Princess traveler but that card will stay in my pocket and displayed only when needed. As a side note I've traveled on ships since I was a youngster and would easily qualify for a cruise line lapel pin proclaiming me 'a very seasoned traveler'. I look forward to this upcoming trip aboard a Princess ship. I'll be easy to find as I'll be the traveler without his card being displayed (or worse, draped around his neck on formal night :D). Yes I've seen that.

Edited by Magnum60

I too thought it was strange, however I wonder just how far out it is set in stone, they have to have cards prepared etc. Also even after my personaliser was showing elite they were sending me emails etc showing Gold. It is simply confusing.

I guess I'll know when I board.

We had this happen to us when going from Platinum to Elite. A glitch in the Princess booking engine does not update your status after your booking. Your TA or Princess should be able to have that information updated. You will be Elite on your cruise.