Happy Canada Day !

Orangefan

Why thank you, we are just about to don our red and white clothes and go out and watch our small town Canada Day parade, watch lumber jack sports then come home and roast hot dogs and drink Molson's Canadian beer. Then tonight watch the cruise ships head for Alaska. Yes, its Canada Day up Canada way and no one ever said it better than the late Stompin' Tom Connors

Even though the weather is not cooperating with showers all day they are still anticipating over 350,000 people to attend all the festivities and fireworks on Parliament Hill in our nation capital Ottawa.

Also, maybe a little early but hope you have a fabulous July 4th!!

Cheers

louden

Even though the weather is not cooperating with showers all day they are still anticipating over 350,000 people to attend all the festivities and fireworks on Parliament Hill in our nation capital Ottawa.

Well is sunny and hot here on the Sunshine Coast of BC. Here in Sechelt with a population of about 8,500 we will likely have about 4,000 our for our festivities ..... but we will be watching the Ottawa pageant on TV tonight.

I did Canada Day on a cruise once, and it was fun. The waiters all greeted everyone with "Happy Canada day," and our table sang O Canada in English and French! (I am Canadian by birth and our table was all Canadian except for DH, who is used to me telling him Canadians are superior. ;))

HAPPY CANADA DAY :)

From just outside of Kingston ON. Mix of sun/cloud /and a few showers.

Heading out to the gazebo shortly for glass of wine to toast our great country!

Thank you to all our friends from the US for your good wishes and have Happy 4th of July to you!

Edited by ceilie1

We congratulate our friends in Toronto upon their destruction of the Boston Red Sox in today's game.

We in Manchester are the proud patrons of Toronto's AA team, the New Hampshire Fisher Cats.

Steve & Pete (whose family came from Sorel Québec)

Thanks! Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians. It is super hot and sunny on Vancouver Island - great day to be outdoors, enjoy some good food, music and the festivities.

Gotta like it...eh? :)

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian brothers. Years ago when I was still working I was in Detroit during this time and they celebrated the two national holidays - Canada Day and Independence Day - a bit early with fireworks over the Detroit River. A very sensible resolution as the two nations celebrate their special days.

Belated Happy Canada Day from this proud true north proud and freer - here in Vancouver the crowd was immense - I was working an entrance into the Canada Place and the people were streaming onto the sight all day - they were 5 - 6 deep for the parade and the fireworks were worth waiting for.

Cheers!

Dennis