Ardastra Gardens Nassau

Express Man

Has anybody taken a Taxi to Ardastra Gardens in Nassau and know what a avg charge is..? Just looking to see what peoplle have seen or heard so we don't get ripped off...LOL Just looking to stop at the Zoo and such with kid's and saw it was a lot cheaper to just do it ourselfs as we plan on other things also.

Thanks!!!

Has anybody taken a Taxi to Ardastra Gardens in Nassau and know what a avg charge is..? Just looking to see what peoplle have seen or heard so we don't get ripped off...LOL Just looking to stop at the Zoo and such with kid's and saw it was a lot cheaper to just do it ourselfs as we plan on other things also.

Thanks!!!

We were recently in Nassau on the dream and shared a taxi with a couple going to Adastra. I am not sure how much they paid but we were going way farther then them and only paid $5pp. Now we had larger group so maybe that drove our cost down, but I am guessing since Adastra is so much closer then the Sheraton where we went, it should be $5 or less pp. good choice on going on your own. My in laws did the CCL tour and did not have much time at the gardens.

Thanks!!!

Take the #10 jitney, directions and details on the Bahama Port boards. Cost is about $1.25 ea, ea way. It is also walking distance, about 1.5 miles from port.

Take the #10 jitney, directions and details on the Bahama Port boards. Cost is about $1.25 ea, ea way. It is also walking distance, about 1.5 miles from port.

When we went we took the jitney there and then walked back. You do have to walk uphill to Ardastra from where the jitney drops you off, so take a taxi if you are not in a condition to walk long distances.

We took a cab there and the jitney back. It was great! We had a lot more time at the zoo, it wasn't crowded, and we spent less overall.

If you have time, catch the jitney in the opposite direction on the way back. You get a nice, scenic tour for less than $2.

Typed with my thumbs on a tablet

THX for the tip...

So far we have planned, The Zoo followed by the free walking tour from the map download of all the highlight points ( http://www.bahamas-treasures.com/ ) and if time allows the Pirate's museum .

Nice choice with that walking tour. (scubagirl is a true gem on these boards helping people enjoy Nassau to its fullest)

Did that tour ourselves twice. (always did it early in the day due to the heat of the day in Nassau in all except winter months)

We did the walking tour first thing off the boat, which ends at the British Colonial Hilton, which puts you as close to The zoo as you get on the tour. (walking tour took us about 2-2 1/2 hours. The Queen's Staircase and Fort Fincastle above the staircase was the most time. Great views from inside the Fort)

Took a cab from the BCH to the zoo. (spent about 2 hours at the zoo)

http://www.ardastra.com/

Check the zoo's website for the times for the Lorry Parrot feeding (where the tiny, colorful parrots will land on you and eat fresh fruit right from your hands. I had about 2-3 on each arm/shoulder and another 2-3 on my hat while I fed them. Was awesome.)

and also the Flamingo marching show. (they let the Flamingos walk free in the park between shows, was definitely different from a US zoo.)

You definitely want to make sure you are at the zoo for those two highlights.

Did the Pirate Museum after the first walking tour we did.

(It was decent at best in my opinion. Just lots of mannequins and dioramas with some artifacts.)

I had more fun checking out all of the pirate stuff in the gift shop, afterwards.

The pirate museum is only a 10 minute walk or so back to the ship, so if you have time after everything else, you could definitely hit it on the way back....(just have the cab from Zoo drop you there.)

The straw market is on the walk back to the ship from either the Hilton or the Pirate museum. (depending on which way you run your day)

Enjoy Nassau...

It is an amazing day if you get away from all the shopping right near the ship.

Bill

Archived