First time in Suite

dorisis

Unfortunately, on Carnival, the "privileges" for Suite passengers are limited to priority embarkation only. Your stateroom will obviously be larger with more generous bathroom and closet space, but that's it.

Although Carnival doesn't offer a true Suite experience comparable to what other cruise lines offer (with a long list of amenities and upgrades), Carnival's suite prices are considerably cheaper than what other cruise lines charge.

Edited by Tapi

Unfortunately, on Carnival, the "privileges" for Suite passengers are limited to priority embarkation only. Your stateroom will obviously be larger with more generous bathroom and closet space, but that's it.

Yeah they're probably better off going NCL for a suite or switching to a balcony, unless it was a good deal.

Like others said, just the bigger room and priority embarkation. If you've already got the embarkation thing from being platinum, then just the bigger room.

We finally splurged and tried a suite on our last cruise. We've gone back to a regular balcony for this one. It was almost too much space for just the two of us. We didn't fill half the closets and the extra floor space wasn't a huge deal. Other than that, same bed and sofa as a balcony and the balcony wasn't that much larger. The dressing room area was too dark to actually use for hair/makeup. The larger bathroom was nice, but we can function just as well in the standard. It was nice to try once, but don't see the need to go back to another one.

Like others said, just the bigger room and priority embarkation. If you've already got the embarkation thing from being platinum, then just the bigger room.

We finally splurged and tried a suite on our last cruise. We've gone back to a regular balcony for this one. It was almost too much space for just the two of us. We didn't fill half the closets and the extra floor space wasn't a huge deal. Other than that, same bed and sofa as a balcony and the balcony wasn't that much larger. The dressing room area was too dark to actually use for hair/makeup. The larger bathroom was nice, but we can function just as well in the standard. It was nice to try once, but don't see the need to go back to another one.

Didn't fill half the closets, wow! Maybe you could teach my DW how to pack. She packs like we are going on a world cruise, so we need that closet space. :D

Didn't fill half the closets, wow! Maybe you could teach my DW how to pack. She packs like we are going on a world cruise, so we need that closet space. :D

LOL - my DH is the overpacker! A car trip and I am in trouble with the amount of stuff he packs!

With airline restrictions and laundry service now, we usually bring only two suitcases and pretty much have it down to a science what we need for a cruise. :)

I'd prefer the aft wrap balcony over a suite on Carnival. Like a previous poster said, Norwegian is amazing for different types of suites and the amenities that come with it. People can buy FTTF now which basically leaves you with just a larger room.

It would be nice for the suite guests if Carnival threw in a few more perks. A small private bar/hot tub area, a "free" dinner at the steakhouse. etc. Of course, the price would go up then. lol

Edited by RCH1234

We have it down to a science. This is a picture of the actual bag that I use on a 7 night cruise. All of my clothes, toiletries and even shoes go in it. If it doesn't fit in that bag, it's not going!

AAAADEPvVMsAAAAAAcTqOg.jpg?v=1329720342000

I should clarify that that is for a typical Caribbean cruise. When we went to Alaska last summer, we packed as if we were moving to another planet!

Edited by Tapi

I'd prefer the aft wrap balcony over a suite on Carnival. Like a previous poster said, Norwegian is amazing for different types of suites and the amenities that come with it. People can buy FTTF now which basically leaves you with just a larger room.

It would be nice for the suite guests if Carnival threw in a few more perks. A small private bar/hot tub area, a "free" dinner at the steakhouse. etc. Of course, the price would go up then. lol

Agreed!

We have it down to a science. This is a picture of the actual bag that I use on a 7 night cruise. All of my clothes, toiletries and even shoes go in it. If it doesn't fit in that bag, it's not going!

AAAADEPvVMsAAAAAAcTqOg.jpg?v=1329720342000

I should clarify that that is for a typical Caribbean cruise. When we went to Alaska last summer, we packed as if we were moving to another planet!

Nice bag..could you give us brand size and model? Thanks...

Nice bag..could you give us brand size and model? Thanks...

It's an EBag Weekender. It's a backpack, but it has the capacity of a standard 22-24 in rollaway bag (airplane carry-on size). The straps can be stowed if you prefer not to use it as a backpack.

If you're someone who normally packs lightly enough to only bring carry-on luggage on the plane, this bag is for you! :)

This will be our 8th cruise and our 5 suite. We like the bigger room, more closet space and large bathroom. Husband goes to bed alot earlier than I do so it is easy for me to come into the room and get ready for bed without disturbing him. I watch the price and book with any discounts I get I ususally get a good deal and we enjoy the balcony alot also.

With Carnival, there are no Suite perks other than a larger room, larger bathroom, larger balcony and priority check-in.

If you want a true suite experience, RCCL is the way to go (in my opinion!). Concierge lounge, reserved seating for shows, pools, dining room menu served in suite, just alot of perks that really make the cruise memorable.

We just got off the Carnival Breeze Sunday. Our family of 3 booked a regular balcony cabin for this cruise. First non-suite room we've had in 5 years. It was a shock to the system! Even though there are no perks with Carnival, the size of the cabin is nice - extremely nice!