Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > St. Thomas/St. John

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old December 18th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Bracelet place in St John

I know I've seen it somewhere but I'm struggling to find it again. Some people have mentioned the company that makes bracelets in St. John and I'd like to buy one.
Can you help please?

Sailed Mariner of the Seas 9th June 2012 - 2nd cruise and couldn't wait to book my next!!

Sailed Majesty of the Seas 1st July 2011 - My first cruise and I'm hooked!!

Ad Sponsored By
Old December 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

I asked this on another thread a few months back and the answer blue water gave me is below, but if you go before I do in March, would you please come back and update? I would really appreciate it. Having a hard time convincing my husband to head to St John! Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_water View Post
The St John Bracelet Co, go straight from the ferry dock and you can't miss it. There are other shops there but we chose this one and we were very pleased with the workmanship. She normally wears yellow gold but for this she had the bracelet made of silver with gold rope and hook.

Old December 19th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for that but I'm not going till mid April. It shouldn't take much convincing as it looks beautiful!

Sailed Mariner of the Seas 9th June 2012 - 2nd cruise and couldn't wait to book my next!!

Sailed Majesty of the Seas 1st July 2011 - My first cruise and I'm hooked!!

Old December 19th, 2012, 06:11 AM
5,000+ Club

Yes my wife loves the design and quality of the Hook bracelet that he made while we enjoyed St John. There is also a good selection of existing bracelets.

They have a web site you can check but you will see the quality when you hold them in your hand at the shop.
Stjohnbracelet.com

You will be pleased!

Old December 19th, 2012, 06:26 AM
5,000+ Club

Waggesaz we're spending another week on Sapphire Beach in Jan and we will spend at least one day seeing the beautiful beaches of St John by car or sailboat. The beaches there are just more beautiful than those of St Thomas in my opinion, closer to the gorgeous beaches found in the BVI. STJ is also much less busy that STT if course.

Taking a 20 min taxi to Red Hook and the 20 min ferry to Cruz Bay, and a short taxi to Cinnamon or even Honeymoon or Watermelon is a great way to spend a day in port. And you can stop at the bracelet co before heading to a beach. There is also unique shopping in Cruz Bay and great spots for lunch after the beach. So if you have 8 hrs or more in port I would urge your husband to visit STJ, you could always return a little early if he wants to see someplace else on STT.

Old December 19th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Waggesaz we're spending another week on Sapphire Beach in Jan and we will spend at least one day seeing the beautiful beaches of St John by car or sailboat. The beaches there are just more beautiful than those of St Thomas in my opinion, closer to the gorgeous beaches found in the BVI. STJ is also much less busy that STT if course.

Taking a 20 min taxi to Red Hook and the 20 min ferry to Cruz Bay, and a short taxi to Cinnamon or even Honeymoon or Watermelon is a great way to spend a day in port. And you can stop at the bracelet co before heading to a beach. There is also unique shopping in Cruz Bay and great spots for lunch after the beach. So if you have 8 hrs or more in port I would urge your husband to visit STJ, you could always return a little early if he wants to see someplace else on STT.
Thanks bluewater-He isn't opposed to going necessarily, where his concerns lie is that we will have our sons 17 & 10 along with us. While I wanted to rent a car, and take the car barge/ferry over to save on $, he is not excited to drive us. I also wanted to go to Cinnamon, although I thought about Honeymoon/Watermelon as well. I thought with a car we would have the freedom to see all 3 if we wanted to along with the sites. It's the taxi fares on both islands that is getting to us.

I wish I could find a tour guide to take us for the day. If we could pay someone to allow us to have it be on our schedule, I would not care if it was more than we paid all those fares combined, I just hate being at the mercy of others on tours! We are there from 7-5 so we have the time, but I don't want to waste it!!

Old December 19th, 2012, 03:28 PM
5,000+ Club

have you tried googling private tour guides on STJ? With your time available you may be able to find one that caters well to your needs.

Old December 19th, 2012, 07:51 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:

Sorry, that should read Waterlemon Cay above.