Bus From Kings Wharf To Horseshoe Bay

Mokescaps

You would take a route #7 bus from King's Wharf at the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay, and would pay the fare by:

Fares (adult):

• Cash - exact change only, $4.50 (no bills & drivers don't make change)
  • Token - $4.00
  • Transportation Pass
    • 1 day - $15.00
    • 2 day - $25.00
    • 3 day - $35.00

[*]Booklet of 15 tickets - $30.00

All the fares can be purchase at the Visitors Information Center which is located in the building you will enter as you exit the cruise ship. Payments should be made in cash. There are 3 other VICs located at the Dockyard.

SBtS

You would take a route #7 bus from King's Wharf at the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay, and would pay the fare by:

Fares (adult):

• Cash - exact change only, $4.50 (no bills & drivers don't make change)
  • Token - $4.00
  • Transportation Pass
    • 1 day - $15.00
    • 2 day - $25.00
    • 3 day - $35.00

[*]Booklet of 15 tickets - $30.00

All the fares can be purchase at the Visitors Information Center which is located in the building you will enter as you exit the cruise ship. Payments should be made in cash. There are 3 other VICs located at the Dockyard.

SBtS

I've never used the tickets. Does it cost 1 ticket to HSB? How do the tickets work for the bus and ferry?

I've never used the tickets. Does it cost 1 ticket to HSB? How do the tickets work for the bus and ferry?

You use one ticket for each individual bus or ferry ride. So, one ticket for the #7 to Horseshoe Bay, and one ticket for the return to Dockyard. One ticket for a ferry ride to Hamilton, one for the return, etc.

For many people it's by far the cheapest way to go. My wife and I shared one $30 book on our three day stay last year and still have a couple of leftover tickets. Two of the three day passes would have cost $70.

In the past the books weren't sold at Dockyard, but that changed the year before last.

Edited by njhorseman

You use one ticket for each individual bus or ferry ride. So, one ticket for the #7 to Horseshoe Bay, and one ticket for the return to Dockyard. One ticket for a ferry ride to Hamilton, one for the return, etc.

For many people it's by far the cheapest way to go. My wife and I shared one $30 book on our three day stay last year and still have a couple of leftover tickets. Two of the three day passes would have cost $70.

In the past the books weren't sold at Dockyard, but that changed the year before last.

Sorry about all the questions but we usually buy the 3 day pass and I really don't think we'll need to. Not that I would want to but could you really take the bus the whole way to St Georges or is it 1 per zone and does it include transfers? (Don't worry I would really be taking the ferry.) There are 7 of us and sharing coupon books or just getting a 2 day pass and then one coupon book to go to Horseshoe Bay beach the last day might be less expensive. The first day we will probably ferry to St Georges, show them around there and then taxi to Tobacco Bay or Fort St Catherine's, take the bus to the Swizzle Inn, then take another bus to Hamilton and then ferry back to the Dockyard. Then Day 2 ferry to Hamilton and then bus to BAMZ, bus to other Swizzle Inn and then bus back to the dockyard. So those two day may be cheaper to just have the pass. What do you recommend?

Edited by peg013

Sorry about all the questions but we usually buy the 3 day pass and I really don't think we'll need to. Not that I would want to but could you really take the bus the whole way to St Georges or is it 1 per zone and does it include transfers? (Don't worry I would really be taking the ferry.) There are 7 of us and sharing coupon books or just getting a 2 day pass and then one coupon book to go to Horseshoe Bay beach the last day might be less expensive. The first day we will probably ferry to St Georges, show them around there and then taxi to Tobacco Bay or Fort St Catherine's, take the bus to the Swizzle Inn, then take another bus to Hamilton and then ferry back to the Dockyard. Then Day 2 ferry to Hamilton and then bus to BAMZ, bus to other Swizzle Inn and then bus back to the dockyard. So those two day may be cheaper to just have the pass. What do you recommend?

Yes, you could take the bus from the Dockyard to St George, but it would require changing buses in Hamilton. If you were paying with cash or token, you could get a transfer for when you change buses. Travel time would be 60 minutes Dockyard > Hamilton plus 50 minutes Hamilton > St George.

For the amount of traveling you would be doing as you listed, I would go with the 2 day Transportation Pass for the convenience and the ability to do side trip(s) should someone want to.

SBtS

Yes, you could take the bus from the Dockyard to St George, but it would require changing buses in Hamilton. If you were paying with cash or token, you could get a transfer for when you change buses. Travel time would be 60 minutes Dockyard > Hamilton plus 50 minutes Hamilton > St George.

For the amount of traveling you would be doing as you listed, I would go with the 2 day Transportation Pass for the convenience and the ability to do side trip(s) should someone want to.

SBtS

I know you can take a bus the whole way to St George, I was just curious if one ticket would pay for the whole way since it's two different busses to get there. So am I to assume since you only mentioned cash and tokens - that it would require two tickets to get there when going somewhere that requires two busses?

Peg, the tickets are for all zones. When I used the tickets, I used 2 when I had to transfer but I was told later that I could have gotten a transfer and didn't need to use 2.

I'm certain I was told just the opposite...that there was no free transfer using the tickets, but I can't find confirmation of whether one or the other is correct on any of the materials I have in hand (including the ticket book with my leftover tickets) or on anything I can find on an official website.

Maybe one of the Bermuda residents who post here can clear it up.

I'm certain I was told just the opposite...that there was no free transfer using the tickets, but I can't find confirmation of whether one or the other is correct on any of the materials I have in hand (including the ticket book with my leftover tickets) or on anything I can find on an official website.

Maybe one of the Bermuda residents who post here can clear it up.

Smeyer was the one who told me about the transfer.

Okay - since the tickets are sold in 3 zone ($20 for 15 tickets) and 14 zone ($30 for 15 tickets) I'm going to guess if you have the 14 zone you get a free transfer. (This is from the Bus Schedule "Bus Fare Information" page.) What do you think? And am I correct that HBB is over 3 zones away so we'd need the 14 zone tickets?

Edited by peg013

Okay - since the tickets are sold in 3 zone ($20 for 15 tickets) and 14 zone ($30 for 15 tickets) I'm going to guess if you have the 14 zone you get a free transfer. (This is from the Bus Schedule "Bus Fare Information" page.) What do you think? And am I correct that HBB is over 3 zones away so we'd need the 14 zone tickets?

You need the 14 zone tickets...but I'm still not sure about the transfers as I don't trust everything on that web page. There is at least one serious error on the bus fare information page http://www.customs.gov.bm/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=252&&PageID=468&mode=2&in_hi_userid=2&cached=true. It states that tickets are "honoured on buses only" (in bold print no less) and that is no longer true.

If you buy a one day, two day, or three day, can it be used for more than one person travelling together at the same time, in other words do you have to buy a separate pass for each individual or can it be shared?

If you buy a one day' date=' two day, or three day, can it be used for more than one person travelling together at the same time, in other words do you have to buy a separate pass for each individual or can it be shared?[/quote']

Cannot be shared. However, the booklet of tickets can be shared.

Edited by iheartbda

If you buy a one day, two day, or three day, can it be used for more than one person travelling together at the same time, in other words do you have to buy a separate pass for each individual or can it be shared?

The 1, 2 or 3 day pass cannot be shared. Each person needs their own pass. Also the # of days begins as soon as you use it the first time. In other words, if you buy a 2 day pass and use it on Wednesday, it is only good for Wednesday and Thursday. You cannot skip Thursday to use it on Friday. You could however NOT use it on Wednesday and then it would be good for Thursday and Friday.