Allure inaugral is now 5th dec>>>

RJL58

The itinary is WESTERN CARIBBEAN and we have till next WEDS to deciede to change.

In the U.k we get £100 pp ($160pp) off the cruise fare (NOT OBC) as comp to change.

Dont know what to do now...............................:mad::confused:....

Change your booking,, I know we will or just add another week.:D

Hi Dave, yep but I have Eclipse booked on 4th and the U.K Res office most UNhelpful to change that to the 12th, :mad:...............................

It doesn't make sense to book inaugerals anymore with Royal it seems until you are sure it WILL be the inaugural ... especially if you have to fly to port.

I agree, but the some people have to book them as a status symbol.

Just had word from UK Ressies this is the new date..........:):D:eek:..

RICH......................

Hi Rich

Yes I got a text message at lunchtime at work about change of date.:)

We will change to new date...but cant see us doing a B2B...gotta think on that.

Good luck with your other ressie...hopefully UK office will come through for you.

The itinary is WESTERN CARIBBEAN and we have till next WEDS to deciede to change.

In the U.k we get £100 pp ($160pp) off the cruise fare (NOT OBC) as comp to change.

Dont know what to do now...............................:mad::confused:....

Miami office still doesnt seem to know about new date etc :eek:

Western ? mm wonder what the ports will be:confused:

I agree, but the some people have to book them as a status symbol.

Wow, sounds like somebody has a chip on their shoulder or something. We booked Oasis/Allure inaugurals simply because we thought it would be exciting to be on the first full sailing of such an innovative new ship, and on Oasis it was. We anticipate the same on Allure. "Status" had nothing to do with it. :)

Well a little birdie in the know told me that Falmouth is still more than a year away from being ready so both Oasis and Allure will continue going to Costa Maya. ;) Of course when will RCI tell everyone this?

Told ports of call will be Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel....

Did you get an email from C & A at around 4.30pm (U.K) announcing the switch and the rules.....

Has CC not been told by RCL............................

RICH..............................

Told ports of call will be Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel....

Did you get an email from C & A at around 4.30pm (U.K) announcing the switch and the rules.....

Has CC not been told by RCL............................

RICH..............................

No Rich I didnt get email from C&A :(

Thanks for ports.

Hey Meg are you changing to new date..or have you changed it already ?:D

I had Majesty booked for Dec 6th for before 12/12 Allure so have to cancel that and trying to decide if we will do B2B on Allure or MJ before Allure...decisions decisions:confused::D

Haven't changed yet, but we will! I just got the email from RCCL, literally about 5 minutes ago, saying the date has officially changed.

They are offering up to $100 reimbursement to cover airline change fees, and booked pax have til 2/26 to switch to 12/5 and keep their same cabin.

Haven't changed yet, but we will! I just got the email from RCCL, literally about 5 minutes ago, saying the date has officially changed.

They are offering up to $100 reimbursement to cover airline change fees, and booked pax have til 2/26 to switch to 12/5 and keep their same cabin.

Hi Meg

Is that $100 per person ? And is that only if you have flights already booked?

ummm weird how RCCL UK offering £100 per person which would work out around $160 per person :confused:

Got an email from RCL earlier today, it reads:

February 5, 2010

Dear $$$$$,

As a valued Crown & Anchor® Society member, we wanted you to

be the first to know about some exciting news regarding our next ship,

Allure of the SeasSM. Royal Caribbean International® is pleased to announce a new date for the inaugural revenue sailing,

December 5, 2010.

If you are currently reserved on the December 12, 2010 sailing, we have good news for you. You will be contacted and given the option to switch your sailing date and keep your existing stateroom. If you prefer, you may also contact us at 1-888-281-9344 and speak with an agent regarding your existing reservation and learn how you may be reimbursed up to $100 for any air ticket change fees incurred.

If you haven't reserved yet, starting on Monday, February 8, 2010, you may visit our website or contact your professional travel agent to reserve your stateroom on the official inaugural voyage.

We look forward to seeing you onboard and hope you can join us as we celebrate the inaugural season of our newest, most incredible ship,

Allure of the SeasSM.

Got an email from RCL earlier today, it reads:

February 5, 2010

Dear $$$$$,

As a valued Crown & Anchor® Society member, we wanted you to

be the first to know about some exciting news regarding our next ship,

Allure of the SeasSM. Royal Caribbean International® is pleased to announce a new date for the inaugural revenue sailing,

December 5, 2010.

If you are currently reserved on the December 12, 2010 sailing, we have good news for you. You will be contacted and given the option to switch your sailing date and keep your existing stateroom. If you prefer, you may also contact us at 1-888-281-9344 and speak with an agent regarding your existing reservation and learn how you may be reimbursed up to $100 for any air ticket change fees incurred.

If you haven't reserved yet, starting on Monday, February 8, 2010, you may visit our website or contact your professional travel agent to reserve your stateroom on the official inaugural voyage.

We look forward to seeing you onboard and hope you can join us as we celebrate the inaugural season of our newest, most incredible ship,

Allure of the SeasSM.

Fair deal I say as it is so far out. I'm sure you could negotiate more if your change fees are more for airfare. There's little chance of fair increase for air at this time.

And the fine print at the bottom of that message:

Terms & Conditions

Any group bookings will be handled during regular desk hours 8 am to 8 pm, EST, Monday thru Friday.

Individual guest reservations will be handled during regular desk hours 8 am to 10 pm, EST, Monday thru Friday.

Royal Caribbean will hold exact staterooms on the December 5, 2010 sailing for guests currently booked on December 12, 2010 to move to December 5, 2010. We will keep these staterooms open for these individuals until February 26, 2010.

Staterooms will be reserved at the lower of prevailing rate or rate paid. For guests choosing to remain on December 12, 2010, their booking will be adjusted to the new price if lower than their current booking by February 26, 2010.

No commission protection or compensation will be provided.

Air ticket change fees will be reimbursed up to $100 per person. Proper documentation will be required and approved before adjustments will be made.

No additional compensation will be available for moving the date of the Allure of the Seas Inaugural sailing from December 12, 2010 to December 5, 2010

Hi Meg

Is that $100 per person ? And is that only if you have flights already booked?

ummm weird how RCCL UK offering £100 per person which would work out around $160 per person :confused:

u

The way I read it, I would yes on both counts $100/person, and since it's a reimbursement for any airline change fee, it seems logical that's only if you have already booked your airfare and now need to change it to coincide with the ship's new schedule. And wasn't the 100 pounds an OBC? I saw nothing in the email I got about any OBC. I guess that was only offered in the UK.

Fair deal I say as it is so far out. I'm sure you could negotiate more if your change fees are more for airfare. There's little chance of fair increase for air at this time.

We received the same email around 5 PM. Seems that RCCL is pretty confident in the shipyard's production capabilities and all of the pre-cruise testing that has to be done. We were waiting to see if the date was going to slide the other way towards the holidays as we are booked for the 26th.

It also seems as though the UK and US booking programs and compensation offers are quite different.

They should have released this on Groundhog's Day as it sounds quite like the Oasis schedule all over again. :eek:

Archived