Valencia HOHO stop by the port

cruise pup

Route B of the bus turistic has a stop called Puerto but it looks like it's a bit of a distance from the cruise ship dock. I understand that in addition to the shuttle into town (which RCCL charges for) there is a separate free shuttle that goes to the port entrance or somewhere in the area. Does anyone know if they drop you off close to the HOHO stop? Thanks.

The free shuttle takes you from the ship to the port terminal building only (and vice-versa when you're ready to go back to the ship). From there you're on your own. I'm afraid I don't know how close the HOHO stop is.

The free shuttle takes you from the ship to the port terminal building only (and vice-versa when you're ready to go back to the ship). From there you're on your own. I'm afraid I don't know how close the HOHO stop is.

Thanks. It is a bit of a hike from what I can tell. But I can always ask in the terminal building.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Cruise Pup! I think we're on the same TA (RCI LOS). There should be taxis right outside of the cruise terminal, I hope. I was thinking of grabbing a taxi to the old town and starting the HOHO tour there if there isn't a stop nearby. I want get a good overview of the town while getting some outdoor photos of the City of Arts/Sciences. Not sure if any of the ship's excursions will allow that.

Hey Cruise Pup! I think we're on the same TA (RCI LOS). There should be taxis right outside of the cruise terminal, I hope. I was thinking of grabbing a taxi to the old town and starting the HOHO tour there if there isn't a stop nearby. I want get a good overview of the town while getting some outdoor photos of the City of Arts/Sciences. Not sure if any of the ship's excursions will allow that.
Yes, there is a tour that goes into the city to see the old town and then heads over to the City of Arts and Sciences. I don't think there's time to go into any of the pavilions although from the looks at the entrance fees, you wouldn't want to pay unless you could spend the entire day there.

Check out VN12 Valencia Arts and Sciences Museum (4 hrs):

Travel along Avenida del Puerto, cross the river and continue on Gran Via and Calle Jativa with views of the Bullring and Central Station. Upon arrival at the Central Market, begin your guided walking tour of the square. Admire the Gothic style buildings of the Silk Exchange. Reboard your coach and enjoy a panoramic drive with highlights that include the Carmen Quarter, Torre de Quart, and Casa de Beneficencia. Next, visit the fascinating City of Arts and Sciences, a collection of museums in a futuristic setting. Afterwards, proceed to Torres de Serrano to view the Plaza de la Virgen and the exterior of the Cathedral. There will be limited free time before returning to the ship.

Archived