First Balcony - Talk to me about bungee cords!

CruzerDeb

I never thought I'd book a balcony, so I didn't really pay attention to posters saying to bring a bungee cord for the balcony.

Now I have one!!! :D How long should that bungee cord be?

I really have to stop posting here and get some work done . . . maybe.

I never thought I'd book a balcony, so I didn't really pay attention to posters saying to bring a bungee cord for the balcony.

OK, I'm relatively new here. What is the bungee cord used for?

We just bring a door stopper. You can wedge it between the door when it is open, and it works great.

Claudia

Agree with this post. Door stops work great and you may even be able to just use the one for your cabin. It's easier than trying to "hogtie" the door to the railing.

Just long enough to where you barely touch the water before you spring back up! :D

Work is over rated! I use a 4' bungee with standard j-hooks at the ends. One end I hook to the top of the door and the other to a support bar between the partition and the railing. There is usually a small gap the j-hook fits nicely over.

With your balcony propped open, be cautious when closing your cabin door...it will slam.

Enjoy your balcony and your cruise.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Just be aware that holding the balcony door open will shut off the a/c. But it does assist in getting in and off the balcony, especially with drinks in hand.:) And holding the cabin door open with the balcony door open while at sea will create a mini-TS Sandy in your cabin.:eek: So tie everything down:D

this was on our legend balcony 4 yrs ago....took the photo's because i knew someday someone would ask..............

one shows a close up of how i hooked it up underneath the balcony divider, i dont know if the resolution will come through enough to notice.

IMG_0607.jpg.0f879f948633206a0d62d4f826cda0f2.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg.25152212831bc54cc33bfaf73269b7b5.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg.c8a3102763a043a8c81ebe8e51dc9dde.jpg

Not sure if it was just Glory and 2.0 updates, but noted this was first balcony door that had a self closing hinge that kept it from slamming, and also when pushed fully open stayed open. Very nice.

I did note that our cabin did not have any door stop, and housekeeping carried one with them.

We just bring a door stopper. You can wedge it between the door when it is open, and it works great.

Claudia

We did the same thing, well sort of. We just took an empty Budweiser bottle after my hubby finished his beer, rinsed it out and stuck it in the doorway on the hinged side. It allowed the door to be cracked about 3-4 inches without being all the way open. It's a cheap, hassle free way to have a small breeze blow through the cabin.

this was on our legend balcony 4 yrs ago....took the photo's because i knew someday someone would ask..............

one shows a close up of how i hooked it up underneath the balcony divider, i dont know if the resolution will come through enough to notice.

Thanks for the pictures!

I haven't read all the other posts but we used the door stop that was in our room.

Opened the balcony door all the way and stuck the door stop in the opening. Worked great.

We returned it back to by the cabin door in the mornings so the steward would have it available for his use.

I dont understand why its such a issue to close the door when you want a/c. Its such a waste of electricty which is so valuable on a ship to a/c the whole outdoors with the door open.

I go out to sit, and close the door behind me so the cabin stays cool.

I have a pack of all different sizes. I usually take anything from 6" to 24" and a couple of each packed in the outside compartment of the luggage. Would nvr cruise without them.

I have read over and over about taking a bungee. I have always had a balcony room and I can't really see why anyone would want to prop the door open. It creates such a strong draft that we are always in a hurry to shut the door. If we want to be outside, we go outside. I personally do not see a real use for one. Also, to the OP: Beware of articles blowing off your balcony! I always dry my swimsuit and stuff by hooking it over the chairs, but make sure you have it secured!

I dont understand why its such a issue to close the door when you want a/c. Its such a waste of electricty which is so valuable on a ship to a/c the whole outdoors with the door open.

I go out to sit, and close the door behind me so the cabin stays cool.

Some of us like the fresh air, but want to remain cool, that's my preference anyways...but thanks for the contribution :rolleyes:

Archived