High tea?

LadyShiva

Do you have any ideas on how to have a high tea on NCL? We'll have butler service and access to the Haven for this trip, so we can order in; I just don't know what's available to create this bonding experience for my mom and my daughter.

Thanks in advance!

Do you have any ideas on how to have a high tea on NCL? We'll have butler service and access to the Haven for this trip, so we can order in; I just don't know what's available to create this bonding experience for my mom and my daughter.

Thanks in advance!

I think it would help us to provide you with an answer if you could please define what you mean by "high tea"? High tea means different things to different people (see http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/HighTeaHistory.htm). What are you looking for with your "high tea"? Your butler should be able to meet your expectations.

I think it would help us to provide you with an answer if you could please define what you mean by "high tea"? High tea means different things to different people (see http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/HighTeaHistory.htm). What are you looking for with your "high tea"? Your butler should be able to meet your expectations.

I was looking to create a dress-up occasion for my mother and young daughter with a tea pot and small sandwiches, scones, pastries, etc. In other words, I don't want to send them to the buffet in normal clothes, to drink tea from the sturdy coffee cups.

Here in Denver, we have a hotel called the Brown Palace that offers a "high tea" with fancy silver settings that we use as a reward for excellent behavior for my daughter. :) She gets to dress up and go downtown and eat tiny chocolate cakes and drink apple juice in a fancy tea cup.

I was looking to create a dress-up occasion for my mother and young daughter with a tea pot and small sandwiches, scones, pastries, etc. In other words, I don't want to send them to the buffet in normal clothes, to drink tea from the sturdy coffee cups.

Here in Denver, we have a hotel called the Brown Palace that offers a "high tea" with fancy silver settings that we use as a reward for excellent behavior for my daughter. :) She gets to dress up and go downtown and eat tiny chocolate cakes and drink apple juice in a fancy tea cup.

I think your best approach is to discuss what you are looking for with your butler - be specific - and he will be able to tell you what he can do. From what you are describing, I don't think this will be a problem at all. He can serve you in your cabin, the courtyard or really where every you wish.

If you see any problems ahead of time with what the butler can do or are disappointed with the experience, bring it up with the concierge or hotel director. I don't think this will occur. Instead I expect that you will be delighted by your butler.

I think your best approach is to discuss what you are looking for with your butler - be specific - and he will be able to tell you what he can do. From what you are describing, I don't think this will be a problem at all. He can serve you in your cabin, the courtyard or really where every you wish.

If you see any problems ahead of time with what the butler can do or are disappointed with the experience, bring it up with the concierge or hotel director. I don't think this will occur. Instead I expect that you will be delighted by your butler.

Thank you for your insight. :) Wish me luck!

If I am correct you are asking is NCL offer high tea. I know Carnival has afternoon tea on sea days in their MDR. Complete with scones and mini sandwiches. I have heard that it is very popular and well attended. I wonder if NCL would ever consider offering afternoon tea ?

If I am correct you are asking is NCL offer high tea. I know Carnival has afternoon tea on sea days in their MDR. Complete with scones and mini sandwiches. I have heard that it is very popular and well attended. I wonder if NCL would ever consider offering afternoon tea ?

Yes, I was also asking if this was an event I had just missed in the Dailies. :)

Disney also has a high tea in Palo, but it's adults only.

Princess does tea too in the afternoon for an hour. It's really nice and I wasn't even familiar with the custom before trying it. Now it's a must do. They offer different teas and pastries, scones cream etc. we have sat with people from England before who said it was very nice. It was a fun way to meet different people too.

Sounds like a nice family time if you can arrange it.

Yes, the afternoon tea on Princess is an amazing event, I hope you get good results arranging it. For us with no butler, the best we can do is find the scones in the outdoor cafe if we are lucky.;)

*chuckle* My mom made sure to mention how her current favorite, HAL, has afternoon tea, too. She's determined to get me on her next Alaskan cruise! *smile* She fondly remembered going to tea with me on Disney, too. Disney has quite a spread, with some rather tasty tea selections.

Sure seems like everyone but NCL has this offered formally, but if there are scones in the buffet, maybe this is an informal activity?

I agree with your Mom, HAL is my favorite and their tea service is lovely. Especially the Indonesian tea.

HEY! Which side are you on here???

*grin* She'll wear me down eventually... but not this year! :D I want to do one of those long HAL itineraries with her once kiddo is in college.

I agree that HAL teas are fabulous :)

It sounds as though you could set up your own tea on the ship, but maybe another option would be to have tea at a nice hotel in one of the ports? Or prior to/after your cruise at a nice hotel? I think Ritz-Carlton and others do a nice tea.

I'm sure that just being on the cruise together will be a great bonding opportunity for grandma and granddaughter, so hope you all enjoy!

Lady Shiva you have brought back some wonderful memories. Having grown up in Denver I remember so many wonderful things at the Brown Palace. My first time there as a child was for "high tea" and later in life dinners, balls and over night stays.

I'm sure these will be memories your daughter will cherish.

Sure seems like everyone but NCL has this offered formally, but if there are scones in the buffet, maybe this is an informal activity?

Hi Everyone,:)

NCL did have "afternoon tea" in a formal fashion on the SS Norway in the 90's. Can't remember if the other ships had it or not. And if so, when did it stop?

It was very nice with classical music being played. It would be nice to bring it back.

Have fun on your next cruise,

happytotravel:)

Archived