AMAPrima Maiden Voyage

KLRDUKS

AMAPrima is on her maiden voyage (Tulip Time 1 week cruise.) and I was hoping someone from CC was on board and can give us an update. We will be on her 5/8 for Magnificent Europe (Amsterdam to Budapest). Thanks!!

Great shipJW and hope you have a great time!! You will be on the Prima right before us. I look forward to your comments. I may ask you to do some “reconnaissance” for us, especially for things we should bring that would make our trip better.

We are also eagerly awaiting photos and a review or two! I hope those of you sailing soon will remember how much anticipation we all feel right now;)

Sailing Budapest to Bucharest in 18 months, so there is plenty of time for me to read all your upcoming reviews. :p

• 3 weeks later...
;) My husband and I will be on the AMA Prima in December for the Christmas Markets cruise. It will be our first river cruise and we can't wait!

Are you on the cruise December 22nd - January 1st? If so, my husband and I are on the same cruise. Our first river cruise also.

Carrie

• 2 weeks later...
On board right now and about ready to leave the dock in Amsterdam!!

How exciting!! Looking forward to your report!!:D Even is you are too busy to report on board (probably;)) I do hope you will let us know how it went when you get back!!:D

Hi guys, we are back and the AmaPrima is a winner ! Ship is stunning, crew is fantastic. You wont be disappointed. I'll amend this later with other thoughts but if any of you have questions, I'll gladly answer.

Did you use the heated pool, and was it popular with many pax? Is there a hot tub or whirlpool in addition? How many times did you dine at the chef's table, and how was it?

Thanks in advance..

Did you use the heated pool, and was it popular with many pax? Is there a hot tub or whirlpool in addition? How many times did you dine at the chef's table, and how was it?

Thanks in advance..

The heated pool was not used on the May 1 sailing, though the water was quite warm (ambient temps were much warmer than prior Tulip sailings, but still a bit cool to encourage pool use). It does have a swim-up bar that will no doubt be popular this summer. Unless I missed it, there is not a hot tub.

We dined once at the alternative restaurant. The experience was terrific -- and it's tough to improve upon the service/food in the regular dining room -- with white gloved service, a glass of Sherry as you are seated. Most nights were full ( I believe only one night was under subscribed). If you want a specific night during your sailing, I suggest booking it as soon as you board. A staffer is available in the afternoon to book your night...just walk back to the restaurant, it takes all of 10 seconds.

The pool was open until we got to the Main river and it sounds like that is normal for the Main. The front sun deck in front of the bridge is still open. I have not used the pool but those that have love it and it is also apparently one you can have a current to swim laps.

As for Erlebnis, it was great and like others have suggested, do it as soon as you board. On our cruise, the menu changes once a week and they let you choose one night a week. We tried to choose nights when the ship was sailing. It is beautiful as the sun sets. Service and food are great.

So far, our trip has been awesome!! I will post a full report after we get back home but suffice it to say we are VERY happy with our choice of AMA.

The Prima is beautiful and many along the way are snapping pictures of us!! Quite a few folks from other lines on this cruise and do seem to like it better. I am sure the new ship has something to do with that. More later !

The heated pool was not used on the May 1 sailing, though the water was quite warm (ambient temps were much warmer than prior Tulip sailings, but still a bit cool to encourage pool use). It does have a swim-up bar that will no doubt be popular this summer. Unless I missed it, there is not a hot tub.

We dined once at the alternative restaurant. The experience was terrific -- and it's tough to improve upon the service/food in the regular dining room -- with white gloved service, a glass of Sherry as you are seated. Most nights were full ( I believe only one night was under subscribed). If you want a specific night during your sailing, I suggest booking it as soon as you board. A staffer is available in the afternoon to book your night...just walk back to the restaurant, it takes all of 10 seconds.

We are booked for a future cruise. The deck plans show and list a whirlpool. Is it there?

Hi guys, we are back and the AmaPrima is a winner ! Ship is stunning, crew is fantastic. You wont be disappointed. I'll amend this later with other thoughts but if any of you have questions, I'll gladly answer.

The pool was open until we got to the Main river and it sounds like that is normal for the Main. The front sun deck in front of the bridge is still open. I have not used the pool but those that have love it and it is also apparently one you can have a current to swim laps.

As for Erlebnis, it was great and like others have suggested, do it as soon as you board. On our cruise, the menu changes once a week and they let you choose one night a week. We tried to choose nights when the ship was sailing. It is beautiful as the sun sets. Service and food are great.

So far, our trip has been awesome!! I will post a full report after we get back home but suffice it to say we are VERY happy with our choice of AMA.

The Prima is beautiful and many along the way are snapping pictures of us!! Quite a few folks from other lines on this cruise and do seem to like it better. I am sure the new ship has something to do with that. More later !

So glad to hear the early reviews are good! Looking forward to a more comprehensive report from you both once you settle back in!

We are booked for a future cruise. The deck plans show and list a whirlpool. Is it there?

I do see that on the deck plan and it does say pool+whirlpool. I recall the end of the pool opposite the swim-up bar does have some submerged "benches" for seating so I suspect there are whirlpool features, just an all-in-one design. I will say I was surprised how warm the water was so perhaps the entire pool/whirlpool is heated to typical whirlpool temps.

We are on the AMA Prima next week, from Budapest to Prague, and I can't wait! We are in a balcony cabin, how was the storage space? I am trying to pack light, but it's never been my strength, and the weather looks to be every where from 55 to 75.

Archived