Getaway 30th Ocotber 2016

cruisejunkie76

hi,

anyone going on this cruise?

I saw there will be a big big solo traveller Group from Vacations to go.

I did not book through them and now I fear that other Solo traveller will "stay" within that Group. As per their web site you can only participate on their gatherings/activities you have to book through them.

I don't mind travelling alone but with the Studio concept I was looking Forward to that mingle with fellow solo travellers :(

hi,

anyone going on this cruise?

I saw there will be a big big solo traveller Group from Vacations to go.

I did not book through them and now I fear that other Solo traveller will "stay" within that Group. As per their web site you can only participate on their gatherings/activities you have to book through them.

I don't mind travelling alone but with the Studio concept I was looking Forward to that mingle with fellow solo travellers :(

Just go to the Studio Lounge for the social around 5pm daily and you will be able to mingle with a lot of solos. Furthermore, check the lounge at other times and you may find a few solos just hanging out. I don't think you will have any problems meeting solos.

Edited by IrieBajan54

Hi! I am booked with the singles group you are referring to on the Oct 30th on the Getaway. I've done many cruises with them and enjoy them a lot. It's true that you won't be able to get into the private parties/activities for the group unless you book with them but you will meet several of us around the ship, especially dancing in the clubs. We're very friendly and love to make new friends. Several of us are booked in the studios. We have theme parties and of course Halloween so don't be surprised to see some elaborate costumes. If we don't have any parties scheduled at 5pm several of us will hang out in the studio lounge for the daily get-together. Come up and talk to us! Curious why you don't book with the group? It doesn't cost anymore.

Edited by awraleigh

Curious why you don't book with the group? It doesn't cost anymore.

I'm from Germany so I don't really look on to the "Vacations to go" web site.

In preperation for this cruise I found out about this Group and went onto the site and there are no Studios left anymore. Also, I got a very good deal for an inside cabin :D

So I guess we meet in the Studio Lounge. I'm exited. Will be my first Halloween Cruise. Already thinking what kind of costume to bring :confused:

We usually have some folks from Europe, Australia, Canada, and other places in our groups. They might still be able to take over your booking and have you become part of the group (usually at no charge). If interested, give them a call and ask. Either way, you will have a great time on the cruise!

• 1 month later...

You'll be in a studio so you'll have solo lounge access. They do a 5pm meetup every day to plan dinners together if you wish to join...also shows together so if you don't want to be alone you'll have plenty of company.