ships with toddler pools?

ggroup

Off the top of my head, Allure & Oasis for sure. I know I've seen a few others (but not many at all) mentioned on here.

I believe all three Freedom class ships also have a splash zone, and one could assume that Quantum will also have one :).

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

You didn't mention what cruise line you were looking at, but NCL usually has a toddler pool on all of their ships. :)

But NCL has NOTHING for toddlers in diapers. All Disney ships plus Royal Caribbean Freedom and Oasis class ships do have areas for the diapered set.

I just got off the getaway (ncl) and they had a fantastic kiddie pool area. They don't allow kids with diapers in it but sadly they don't patrol it. It was number 7 on the rules board and I doubt anyone even saw it. Thankfully there weren't any accidents to close the pool but at least half the kids were very obviously diapered.

I must say I hate to be the kid who isn't allowed in because the kids were having a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a toddler pool on Disney but I think Disney is a complete waste for a toddler. They are too young to enjoy the youth program (even though there is a baby daycare- which is just a crying room), the character interaction might scare them and they'll be asleep before fireworks, which will also scare them. The little Disney pool is just a glorified round tube that circulates running water. I wouldn't cruise for this pool.

If you are taking a toddler do one of the larger Royal ships... Freedom class or larger because they do have a splash zone and lots of features that the whole family will enjoy.

I just got off the getaway (ncl) and they had a fantastic kiddie pool area. They don't allow kids with diapers in it but sadly they don't patrol it. It was number 7 on the rules board and I doubt anyone even saw it. Thankfully there weren't any accidents to close the pool but at least half the kids were very obviously diapered.

I must say I hate to be the kid who isn't allowed in because the kids were having a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And yet another reason to avoid NCL at all costs. If they care so little for the health and safety of the kids on board (yes, ecoli from an "accident" can seriously sicken or even kill a small child), then I can't imagine giving them my cruising dollars. They should be ashamed.

And yet another reason to avoid NCL at all costs. If they care so little for the health and safety of the kids on board (yes, ecoli from an "accident" can seriously sicken or even kill a small child), then I can't imagine giving them my cruising dollars. They should be ashamed.

It might not be all the ships with NCL though. They very much enforced the no-diaper rule on the dawn a few years ago, never even let the kids legs touch the water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums m

And I never saw anyone patrolling the pools enforcing the no diaper rule on RCLs independence of the seas last year. Even though they had a baby pool I saw plenty of diapered kids in the h20 zone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums m

After reading about this subject on these forums, it seems like all or most of the cruise lines are not always strict about enforcing the no swim diaper rule (but should be). I don't think you can single out NCL on this one.

Parents, just don't do it!