Ruby 3 May 2016 No speciality restaurants

dweeb

I have a suggestion.

Corporate should just book a cruise for them and the TA's they are trying to impress. Wait what would the work staff in the MDR and HC do since no one would be eating there???:eek:

Work staff won't have gratuities.:eek:

We were on board last week and were told that they have things booked and are holding as many as 3 wine tastings per day for an unknown number of days to handle all the groups (large travel agencies). Also told that there would be many executives from Princess, Carnival, and Holland American Group traveling on this cruise. The Crown Grill was booked at 15 minute intervals for groups.:confused:

Well, it amounts to the same thing. ;) If you can't eat there, it doesn't exist for you.

Indeed. Rather like saying Sabatinis is open for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Surprisingly, TA's are still so relevant to Princess that they have to reserve ALL the seatings for all the SR's! I would just raise a stink with the purser and demand a OBC to go to the spa a couple days and get the stress out of my system :D

I am very surprised though that they didn't let people know ahead of time. I agree with other posters that they should have mentioned this in the cruise personalizer.

That would be incredibly disappointing! I can see why they'd want the TAs to experience the food to sell it, but as someone else said, they should have just opened the restaurants for lunch to the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I completely agree with the inconsiderateness of corporate to take up the specialty restaurants on board. It is one of the nicer experiences when we cruise.

I have heard that Princess is starting to do something similar to Royal Carib. For a couple of hundred dollars you get your "own area to eat in at the dining room, with your assigned servers". Don't know if food is better or not but it is much quicker service.

I wonder what kind of cruising Princess is trying to create. I am a loyal Princess cruiser, but for the first time ever I am considering trying other lines.

I completely agree with the inconsiderateness of corporate to take up the specialty restaurants on board. It is one of the nicer experiences when we cruise.

I have heard that Princess is starting to do something similar to Royal Carib. For a couple of hundred dollars you get your "own area to eat in at the dining room, with your assigned servers". Don't know if food is better or not but it is much quicker service.

I wonder what kind of cruising Princess is trying to create. I am a loyal Princess cruiser, but for the first time ever I am considering trying other lines.

I don't think you're alone on this. I think a lot of loyal Princess cruises are going to be very mad and start looking to change cruise lines.

Tony

I was on the sailing as a regular paying passenger. I am not a Virtuoso agent. I don't work for the line.

We had a party of six the first night at Crown Grill. It was my best CG experience to date.

We had a party of six the second night in Anytime with zero wait.

The third night we dined in Share, with the same party of six and were able to be seated slightly before our reserved time to make the show. Better than the first time I dined there on opening night, with the exception of the cheese being slightly less ripe.

Last night we dined in the MDR, again with no wait.

The agents were mostly in the theatre, hearts and minds, the conference room and Skywalkers during the day. The only impacts I experienced were that Adagio was hosting a private function after our dinner at Share, and when I wanted to read in Skywalkers it was occupied.

The agents and line staff did board moments before Group A. We were still on before 12:15.