Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
- Read thousands of Celebrity Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Celebrity Cruise Deals
- Write a Celebrity Cruise Review
- Find Your Celebrity Roll Call
See posts about:
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Summit

Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Xpedition

Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Silhouette

Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Solstice

Old June 7th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Booking on Board?

Anyone know?
I am booked on the Voyager on July 11th out of Bayonne. While I am on the Voyager I was going to book another cruise on the Millennium scheduled for January '06 in order to obtain the $100. credit. However, the Millennium is almost booked and I'm afraid if I wait to book it while on the Voyager, it may be completely booked. I was thinking about booking it now and then cancelling it just before I boarded the Voyager and then re-booking it as soon as I get on the Voyager in order to get the credit. Does anyone know if that would work?
MHoward

Old June 7th, 2004, 01:08 PM
5,000+ Club

I didn't think the prices for '06 on Celebrity were out yet. I'm still waiting on prices for fall of '05 and they are not out yet, at least not for the Caribbean.

Terri

Skyward - 1989
Carnivale - 1991
Holiday - 1994
Fantasy - 1998
Century - 2002
Century - 2003
Jubilee - 7/04
Century - 9/04
Coral Princess - 3/05
Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

Old June 7th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Charter Member - 10,000+ Club

Yes, that would work. You may be without a booking for only 3 days or so while you cancel one and then book on board the Voyager. You will just be issued a new booking number. You also might not get your first deposit back in the 2 or 3 days before booking on the Voyager. (You might get it the same day as well)......just be aware you might not.

Where are you finding schedules and prices for January of 06??

Jim

Nordic Prince 8/88
Viking Serenade 3/93
Enchantment 3/01
Rhapsody 9/02
Splendour 4/03
Rhapsody, 9/03
Brilliance, 4/04

Until Our Caribbean Princess Cruise

Until Hawaii on Inifinity

Until Vision/Mexican Riviera

Old June 7th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

I put the wrong date in its Jan 05

Old June 7th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MHoward909:
Anyone know?
I am booked on the Voyager on July 11th out of Bayonne. While I am on the Voyager I was going to book another cruise on the Millennium scheduled for January '05 in order to obtain the $100. credit. However, the Millennium is almost booked and I'm afraid if I wait to book it while on the Voyager, it may be completely booked. I was thinking about booking it now and then cancelling it just before I boarded the Voyager and then re-booking it as soon as I get on the Voyager in order to get the credit. Does anyone know if that would work?
MHoward<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 7th, 2004, 02:29 PM
5,000+ Club

I'm doing ALMOST the same thing...

I'll be onboard the Summit for the July 9 sailing...
I've already booked the Constellation for July 16, 2005...
When I'm on the Summit, I will make a SECOND booking...
I am not that concerned about the ship filling up...I just want to insure against rises in price...
Then, I'll sort it out when I get home...Hopefully, prices will have remained the same or go down...so, the new booking with the onboard credit will be better...and I'll cancel the first...If prices have gone up more than the credit, I may not even make the onboard booking...or I'll just cancel it quickly and keep the first...

I wouldn't cancel the original booking until AFTER I'd rebooked--especially if there's a fear of the ship selling out...BTW, our deposit on each booking is $900...the interest on $900, even at 5% annually, comes out to less than TWELVE AND A HALF CENTS per day...
Ahhhhh, but you say, you put it on your credit card and they charge 21% interest!
Of course, remember, depending on your billing cycle, you may never really pay the $900 or get charged interest...and, even so, interest on $900 at 21% is less than 52 cents per day...

Not an expensive insurance plan at all...

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour
Constellation, July 16, 2005: Northern Europe: 14 nights

Old June 7th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Charter Member - 10,000+ Club

Steve:

That is pretty smart! Thanks for another perspective.........never thought about holding two and then taking the best price wise etc........

Thanks.

Jim

Nordic Prince 8/88
Viking Serenade 3/93
Enchantment 3/01
Rhapsody 9/02
Splendour 4/03
Rhapsody, 9/03
Brilliance, 4/04

Until Our Caribbean Princess Cruise

Until Hawaii on Inifinity

Until Vision/Mexican Riviera

Old June 7th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Are you sure you can hold 2 rooms book one befor you go on your trip and book when you are on board and get your on board credit then cancel,the cruise when you get home and keep your on board cruise you booked. Does that sound right.
MHoward

Old June 8th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

thanks for the information
MHoward

Old June 8th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Cool Cruiser

You can book the same cruise in your name twice? What happens when you go to book the second cruise while on board and your name comes up as already having a reservation?

Old June 8th, 2004, 11:42 AM
5,000+ Club

My TA said I could do it...
Then, to double check, I called Customer Service at Celebrity...I explained to the woman what I was trying to do and asked if, instead, I could just roll the deposit over to the new reservation and to cancel the old one...
She said they did not have the capacity to do that onboard...that I would have to put up a second deposit and cancel one when I got home...

That seems to infer that you CAN do it...doesn't it?

Besides, why would they care if I wanted to book to cabins? I mean, I booked two cabins for my upcoming Summit cruise...and rearranged passenger names and other details well after booking...I've now paid both in full and our daughters are coming with us...

But, had we decided not to take them PRIOR to the appropriate deadline, we could have cancelled one of those without penalty, right?
How is this any different...

To be honest, the cruise lines should allow you to book early and just ADD the onboard credit if you ask while onboard for the already made booking...it would make things a lot easier and it would be better for them--at least they'd book cabins sooner and cause more pressure in the area of "supply and demand"...and they'd save a lot of duplicative paperwork...

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour
Constellation, July 16, 2005: Northern Europe: 14 nights

Old June 8th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Steve thanks for the information I just don't know what to do.. I think i am going to book the cruise now because the price is pretty good and when i go on board book the cruise again see which was the better deal. I don"t know if the price will go up by July.
Maureen