Help HA have cancelled Iguazu Falls

sarahuk

We booked Rio to Lisbon cruise with a 5 night pre cruise tour to Iguazu Falls over a year ago. Now 9 weeks before we are due to go HA have cancelled our trip to Iguazu.We are gutted as this will be our honeymoon and a trip of a lifetime. Can anyone let me know of reliable private tour companies that do the tours. Do you think they will all be booked up now?

You might like to consider booking it yourself.............. VARIG (Brazilian carrier) flies from Rio to Foz Igauzu ........... the Sheraton is in a lovely spot............. anyway your TA should be able to help.

We are doing one ourself as Cunard have advised the excursions to Igauzu are booked out for the QM2 eastbound voyage.

Thanks for your help everyone. Im not brave enough to book it on my own. We booked it through the cruiseline as we didnt want to have any other worries and could concentrate on the wedding plans. How wrong I was. This is our first time with HA as we usually go with Princess.

Ive Emailed a few companies that you have all suggested so I will let you know if we are able to get a tour at this late stage.

Sarah

• 3 weeks later...
We are using Ricardo for our quick trip to Iquazo, pre-cruise from Buenos Aires. He has been easy to deal with. He can probably arrange something from Rio too.

We just got back from the 1/8/06 Millennium saling. Used Ricardo for a trip to Iguazu Falls after the cruise. Logistics were seamless. Private drivers/guide picked us up at the pier and transferred us to and between the domestic and international airports. They helped us check in as well -- what service! Our guide at the Falls was Sergio Silva. He was wonderful for both the Brazilian and Argentinian side. Highly recommended.

Diane

• 2 weeks later...

I figure it is too late for you, but for other readers, I had one heck of a time getting what I wanted in Iguazu. Booking airfare within Argentina was a nightmare in my opinion and was finally remedied by booking a LAN Chile flight. I may have paid more, and they certainly don't have as many flights, but they are well regarded and I was able to make reservations in a civilized manner thru www.gruponuevomundo.com.

As for hotels, I booked directly thru the hotel's website and have my fingers crossed that I have made the right decision. If it is not, you can be sure I will post something on this website.

WE did Iguazu from Buenos Aries ourselves (I never use either the ships air or pre or post tours as I can always do my own for less $$$ and then I always get what I want (I don't have to blend in with what is offered).

Anyway we used Ricardo from http://www.defranturtours.com - excellent.

However you may be right it may be too late for you to get hotel & air as it is limited but give it a try anyway.

Good luck

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your help and advice.Hal have come good. They have booked us the tour privately through the company that they normally use. It is a bit more more expensive but they arent charging us any extra. The only difference is the hotel in Rio , it is now the Hotel Le Meridian Cocpacabana but this is better situated than the Sheraton. They have also given us $150 on board credit for all the trouble they have given us. At least now we can concentrate on our wedding and not have the worry of the cruise.

Sarah

Archived