Sapphire princess mini suite balconies dolphin deck

croftman

Big balconies but are overlooked by deck 10 Caribe balconies . At least you are partly undercover . Best idea , have your balcony drinks and forget about everyone else. We are on Sapphire in December on Caribe deck!! It is not really a problem, enjoy the time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any possibility to get something on Emerald deck #8...We've had E731 amazing privacy and view straight down to the water. Only have done one cruise with PCL the rest of my 20+ cruises have been with RCI...even this wonderful cabin couldn't sway me ;)

We have had Caribe deck balcony cabins on our last three cruises on Princess. You can't see much of the people below. My only problem with the people below was the one lady who complained that my bubble machine was interfering with her and she asked me to make my bubbles go in a different direction… Sorry I can't control the wind. But I did turn off my bubble machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by StrawberryTx

Big balconies but are overlooked by deck 10 Caribe balconies . At least you are partly undercover . Best idea , have your balcony drinks and forget about everyone else. We are on Sapphire in December on Caribe deck!! It is not really a problem, enjoy the time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks very much for your reply - would half of the balcony be covered or less please

• 3 weeks later...

Had a mini suite on the Dolphin Deck on the Sapphire. Absolutely no protection from the rain and drizzle. Plus, the balconies on the deck above are set in a little bit and they have full view of your balcony, so no privacy at all. We hardly used our balcony at all because of both reasons stated.

For Alaska, we would never book another balcony cabin anyway. Save half the money and book an oceanview room. It will give you money to spend on t-shirts and excursions. Have done Alaska 3 times.

For glacier viewing, it's best to be on an open public deck to take in the full majesty of it. The ship will rotate 360 degrees over an hour. If you stay on your private balcony, you will only see the glacier for a little over 30 minutes. On an outside public deck, you can move from one side to the other to view it for the full time.