Motel in Miami near the port

bingoboard97wi

We are taking the norwegian sky in November for my birthday. We have not been to Miami before and need a good, safe place to stay for the night before the cruise. We would like to stay close to the port and would like some things to do within walking distance. We were looking at the holiday inn port of miami but there are some really mixed reviews. And sugestions would be helpful!

You can get input on the Florida Board.

Here are hotels to check out near the port.

Intercontinental

Hampton Inn

Marriott Marquis

Marriott

Hyatt

Holiday Inn Bayside

There are others but this is a good list of hotels.

Keith

We stayed at the Doubletree and watched our ship dock from our hotel room balcony in the morning! There were restaurants in a nearby mall. I'd stay here again.

Another vote for this! Stayed at Doubletree Biscayne Bay and loved it. Easy shopping for last minute items and food right in the building and great views of pretty ships and small boats.

We are taking the norwegian sky in November for my birthday. We have not been to Miami before and need a good, safe place to stay for the night before the cruise. We would like to stay close to the port and would like some things to do within walking distance. We were looking at the holiday inn port of miami but there are some really mixed reviews. And sugestions would be helpful!

I stayed there last feb when we sailed on the epic......we stayed pre and post cruise and just loved the location........minutes from port....minutes from berach...bayside across the street....they were still doing construction them and still may....but if you are thinking of staying there I wouldn't wait too long to book

We're staying at the Sofitel.

Is the Doubletree in walking distance to the Bayside Marketplace?

Not unless you're in better shape than I am (most are!) but there's a free city-shuttle. The people at the desk at Doubletree were very helpful so you might phone their 800 number and ask them. We only had the one evening before the cruise so didn't explore anything except the restaurants and shopping downstairs. There is Publix a couple of blocks away.

Archived