Anyone done Bas Harts Discover scuba diving?

imgagesmom

I used the Dive Bus back in 2012, they were great. My husband can't dive due to ear issues, so he was able to hang out at the dive shop and have a few beers while I did my dive. This was a discover dive also so it was 3 of us and the dive master. Highly recommend them.

• 1 year later...
Bas Hart is great for the west side of the island. For the east end, I would use Hans Plej with Curious2Dive. Both have great individual service and will pick you up at the pier.

We are in port from 8-4pm...so which would suit us best? What's the difference between the west or east and which is a "must see" for new "discover" divers with easy entry and fairly calm water?

Bas said he would take us to San Juan area to Shon-Mosa and No-Name, which he states is pretty calm weather.

We are in port from 8-4pm...so which would suit us best? What's the difference between the west or east and which is a "must see" for new "discover" divers with easy entry and fairly calm water?

Bas said he would take us to San Juan area to Shon-Mosa and No-Name, which he states is pretty calm weather.

Either would be fine. Hans would take you to Tug Boat - shallow wreck with great coral, eels, colorful sponges, sea horses, good wall. Easy entry and very protected. Shon-Mosa and No name have a slightly better chance of seeing a turtle.

You can't go wrong either way.

East and West are just different environments.

Either would be fine. Hans would take you to Tug Boat - shallow wreck with great coral, eels, colorful sponges, sea horses, good wall. Easy entry and very protected. Shon-Mosa and No name have a slightly better chance of seeing a turtle.

You can't go wrong either way.

East and West are just different environments.

We will have our 9 year old daughter with us, needing to do a Bubble Maker class (so not sure if the area you mentioned for Hans would still be appropriate since she would have to do an easy entry beach with shallow water). Do you know if Hans offers a Bubble Maker class?

We will have our 9 year old daughter with us, needing to do a Bubble Maker class (so not sure if the area you mentioned for Hans would still be appropriate since she would have to do an easy entry beach with shallow water). Do you know if Hans offers a Bubble Maker class?

He does do Bubble Maker classes. The Tug Boat site is easy beach entry, calm water, shallow. Hans even does diving for the severely handicapped there! I can't speak highly enough for him, his shop and his staff!!

He does do Bubble Maker classes. The Tug Boat site is easy beach entry, calm water, shallow. Hans even does diving for the severely handicapped there! I can't speak highly enough for him, his shop and his staff!!

Thanks so much. I contacted him and he immediately responded. I still have questions and hopefully he'll reply. He didn't mention where we would be diving though. I would really love to go somewhere that we could see some sea horses (it seems like everything I look at for Curacao shows divers coming across a lot of sea horses and this is one of the things that I have never been able to see when snorkeling).

Thanks so much. I contacted him and he immediately responded. I still have questions and hopefully he'll reply. He didn't mention where we would be diving though. I would really love to go somewhere that we could see some sea horses (it seems like everything I look at for Curacao shows divers coming across a lot of sea horses and this is one of the things that I have never been able to see when snorkeling).

Sea horses are small, deep (for snorkeling) and camouflaged. If anyone can find them, Hans can.

Diving in Curacao is fantastic!!!

• 9 months later...
If you were fairly experienced and had to choose one 2 tank dive in Curacao which would do? Coming in on equinox and need to book

Doesn’t look like the ship’s excursion is all that great

Thanks

You won't have time to go to the west end. In the East, Car Pile off the Sunscape resort (deep dive at 90' or more) and Director's Bay are great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk